windiewasher

Re: starting out traditional
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2011, 10:51:09 am »
Could you not go wfp then really focus on building up your round?
k many thanks im going 2 jus get stuck in with it an start doin sme proper leafleting etc  the potential is there bt i cn c that i nd 2 pt alot mre effort in than i hav been an im sure i will improve in time bt it has been a boost speakn 2 u guys ta v much hav a gd week 2 u all!
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

Richy essex

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2011, 11:04:03 am »
id love 2 bt lack of funds i hpe 2 go dwn that route at sme point m8 also i shld learn basics in trad 1st  i guess i realy dnt wana get loan or ne thing like that im lucky in a way as i hav 2 other part time jobs  2 support me while i get up and runnin properly hw much does a wfp set up cost if u dnt mind me askin?

windiewasher

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2011, 11:17:25 am »
I think 500 if your sensible m8.
I might be able to help you out with a cheap ro and backpack
You would need a Di and  storage tank and bottles for van.
You can get cheap poles or DIY some until you have more funds.
Harris 15 quid do a good job.
Total £  so far.

Richy essex

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2011, 11:22:21 am »
dnt snd 2 bad thanks m8 i will keep it in mind

Richy essex

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2011, 11:24:50 am »
oh an 4gt 2 mention im using my car at present will b getn a van v soon so thats also why im doin trad

windiewasher

« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2011, 11:27:15 am »
You would be ok in a car with a few bottles.
oh an 4gt 2 mention im using my car at present will b getn a van v soon so thats also why im doin trad
Total £  so far.

Richy essex

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2011, 11:33:52 am »
didnt realise that i havnt even looked at the equipment as i thought it wld b fortunes i bet its lovely workin that way aint it wot is involved eguipment wise are they much ag i spose the ag outways the workload frm trad?

cozy

« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2011, 11:34:16 am »
hey, what we do is keep the bucket in the car, use an old fairy bottle in your pocket and fill from the bucket, that way your bucket water wont get dirty and use the bottle to wet your applicator, next time you come to do the windows the frames will not have got dirty and will need just a single wipe, plus the windows will take under half the time, change your rubber all the time and use plenty of scrim after 4 months you will have trebbled your speed mate

Good answer

cozy

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2011, 11:36:14 am »
didnt realise that i havnt even looked at the equipment as i thought it wld b fortunes i bet its lovely workin that way aint it wot is involved eguipment wise are they much ag i spose the ag outways the workload frm trad?

Richard, check out all you can on youtube, type in window fanning. Also, get a new keyboard, I think yours is knackered  ;D

Richy essex

« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2011, 11:41:15 am »
ill do that youtube then pc world?? are you refering to my dodgy shorthand writing attempts?

windiewasher

« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2011, 11:53:05 am »
You need ro and Di
Backpack
Poles brushes
Backpack or trolley
Cloths
Water bottles
Total £  so far.

cozy

« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2011, 11:54:02 am »
Yes mate, faster to type, harder to understand sometimes, that's just me. I'm old  ;D As has been said already, speed comes with time, don't force it. It comes from things like doing 2 windows next to eachother instead of one after the other if you see what I mean. Don't really know why, but it gets the job done faster.

An example would be, you climb the ladder to a double window. Instead of soaping one up and squeegying it off, soap both up, then squeegy off. An ols salt that used to work for me part time showed me things like that.

Richy essex

« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2011, 12:07:47 pm »
it comes from having younger sisters i havent got a clue what they have txt me half the time lol! i know what you mean though i have a bungalow where it has like 3 windows in a row and i wipe em all then soap em all when its nt 2 hot! then squeegee em all then detail em all i spose its like ne thing systems of work etc that make u faster! i still dont thinkl il ever b able to do 4 houses in an hour as has been said but well see!

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2011, 01:10:01 pm »
I was shocked to see someone i know (experienced windy) filling up his boab with water from a cup from his bucket! He has taken the boab quite literally. not me i just view it as a holster like vin says instead of balancing applicators on sills or having to put in / get out of bucket everytime
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.