Adam P

whats need to be done for employees for commercial contract
« on: December 07, 2009, 11:26:32 pm »
i have a commercial contract which i do myself with my parnet so i haven't been too worried about any health and safety notices etc which i'd need to display for staff, but one day soon i'd like to get a staff in to help with this one so thnking while i have a moment i should make sure it's all 100% set up correctly by law.

i saw before people posted links to sites that list what is needed but i can't seem to find it. anyone care to help me out with what i need, e.g. first aid box, risk assesment etc.

thanks all

Pristine Clean

Re: whats need to be done for employees for commercial contract
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 05:14:50 pm »
I assume you have no staff at the moment.

If this is the case, you should have risk assement carried out. - Make them aware of any risks and get them to sign to clarify that they have been made aware.

First aid box a good idea.

Employee Insurance Certificate (Copy) on the back of the cleaners cupboard.

All coshh sheet in a file with other relevant paper work such as task lists, contact details.

If the job is out of hours, there is not much need for signs. But if its when office staff are in signs are vital. like "Slippery when wet" ,"Caution trailing cables".

Oh and most importantly get yourself a professionally drawn up legal Employment Contract. To protect you, and have all staff on a trial basis. Ours is 6 months.

Dave
Hope this helps
"You have to except that some days you are the statue and other days you are a pigeon"

Adam P

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009, 05:25:26 pm »
thanks for the advise. we do have staff at other places e.g cleaning houses, but it's just this commercial site that we do ourselves at the moment so wanted to make sure there was nothing extra we may have missed. we already have signs, contact details, coshh sheets, first aid box, and i think thats is it. sure there was a website listing everything that is needed

Pristine Clean

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 08:16:21 pm »
Ok one important aspect is this - Will they be Key holders.

Get your self Key loss Insurance.

Also I would have in the contract if keys are not returned so much is deducted and get them to sign seperately on the contract.

Dave.
"You have to except that some days you are the statue and other days you are a pigeon"