Mike Halliday

Conservatory valet
« on: July 04, 2015, 08:13:41 am »
Anyone come across Thompson Sanderson  who offer a nationwide conservatory valet?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PXtX1lM889Y

I'm guessing the are very expensive looking at what they do, I'm thinking of getting into conservatory roof cleaning but would need to charge a lot more than my local window cleaner who use WFP,  he cleans roofs for £40.

If this company can get high prices then I'm sure I could there are a lot of quality homes around me with roofs that need cleaning

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

wpclean

Re: Conservatory valet
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2015, 08:22:26 am »
That is very professional video, the trouble with this type of cleaning is because of the prices you have to charge, the market is very limited !     We charge minimum £50 for a roof clean, and if you have the right gear, and chems, you can do them pretty quick.
Even with these low prices a lot of people who call think this is expensive  :o
If you want to expand your services Mike I would look at gutter cleaning, really is good money maker  ;D

robbo333

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2015, 04:55:12 pm »
Mike i've seen your posts and you're a top guy.
For me that video was bugger all to do with connie cleaning and more about marketing bo**ocks!
As you'd expect from a big company.
The reality is most custies want it to look as clean as it can, for the least amount of money. I did a fairly big roof today for £40 quid. If I pushed it I could have got £50. (my fault). But it's a good window cleaning custy of mine, the weather was good, their place is lovely with really good access all round. Peaceful (no dogs barking or kids) and to be honest I enjoyed the peace and tranquility.  Took me an hour. Fairly easy job. Custy was more than happy. I did all the windows too (of the bungalow) an extra £30. It is big.
I've done loads of insides and outs on connies and it's hot sweaty work. I am actually thinking of adding pressure washing rather than connies.  ;D

You could however, employ two guys (maybe good workers from a foreign country) at say £8 per hour. They would take a day, hard graft, so 14 man hours = £112. With the right customer you could get £200-£400.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Mike Halliday

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2015, 05:01:40 pm »
I constantly hear that people won't pay  high prices, but I live in a good area full of quality people who pay me good money for my other services

I heard it all the time in carpet cleaning,  people telling me that customer won't pay over £75 to clean suite but I charge £180 that you have to do 3 rooms for £90 to make any money as no one will pay top rates.

I think there are lots of people out there who will pay £180 for me to clean there conservatory roof, if they think it's too expensive then fine I will move onto the next quote until I get my price,  this is just an add on to my other work I won't need to rely on  it.

The time It will take to clean one I could clean a suite, so I would be daft to clean them for less money than I can make elsewhere.

robbo333

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2015, 05:15:17 pm »
Mike if you can get the money (for the effort you put it) then go for it.
I'm not trying to put you off, but where I live, that is the reality.
Best wishes and good luck.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

wpclean

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2015, 10:02:11 pm »
Mike as a moderator you should refrain from using swear words, please watch your language ! :o

Smurf

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2015, 09:15:14 am »
Deep cleaning conservatories in and/or out is defiantly  hard work and normally takes a lot longer than people think so is easy to stitch yourself up pricewise.

Carpet cleaning on the other hand is a doddle to do compare to doing a conservatory valet properly.

Smudger

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2015, 04:29:44 pm »
Ive had 2 encounters with this company, ( not directly ) one  was a customer who was quoted 1k for in/out - totally over the top price - needless to say i easily got that, and the other was a very upset lady she had paid £800 and they missed most of the bits shown on the video ( yes everyone can have a bad day ) we soon polished this off to give a satisfactory result.

Ref the video, most of what's shown is to me bad practise, with wfp, and backpacks to deliver chemicals there is very little need to climb over a conservatory like in the video, it's also very slow! And rarely a better end result, the exception to this is if your renewing the mastic/silicone or removing compromised polycarbonate panels.

There are always various levels of service to these things, and there is a market place for this type/cost of clean but it's small and it's going to tie up lots of your time, our standard clean will 95% of the time  equal what's done in the  video, but takes anything from 45 mins to 1.5 hours.

Most of that video is good promotion rather than good practise

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Mike Halliday

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2015, 05:22:57 pm »
I've tried WFP and to be truthful I did'nt think they did a good job from ground level, I found it hard to scrub accurately into the crevices. This is why I was thinking of trying a portable scaffold to get waist high with the guttering so I can use a shorter pole and put more pressure into the scrubbing. ( You can see why i want to charge a premium price)

Although I don't have a lot of experiance with WFP so perhaps it's my I inexperience rather than the system.

I have a lot of equipment I could try even a steam machine with a 12ft long lance . I Think the only problem I will have is scrubbing the apex to a satisfactory standard without getting close up .

Smudger

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2015, 05:29:25 pm »
Depends on the chemicals you use, a lot of the time you don't need a lot of pressure to scrub.

Getting your waist level with the gutter line will help tremendously - but you still don't need to crawl all over the  roof.

What's your idea of premium price and time for say 3 x 6 meter conservatory with pitched roof and finials ?

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2015, 06:25:00 pm »
Not done any commercially yet so don't have any idea of Price or timings but after practicing and getting my method of cleaning sorted out I will charge  £90 an hour  for a 2 man team. so what ever that comes out at

Smudger

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2015, 07:31:53 pm »
Sounds about right,

The above mentioned size  takes us around 45 minutes - just as a guide for you

Darran

wpclean

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2015, 08:06:52 pm »
I hate conservatory cleaning, donkey work, and if I get any more jobs I am going to pass them on to you  ;D

Smudger

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2015, 08:23:12 pm »
Who me ?

Bring it on the lads love em  ;D

Darran

Rob@Blast off

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2015, 08:30:42 pm »
I do quite a few but there hard work, especially the awkward ones were they slope towards the house or are tight to fences etc, currently use just a wfp to clean them but going down the softwash route....

wpclean

« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2015, 08:53:18 pm »
The worst are where the guttering run on the conservatory is adjacent to the house, and the gap is half inch wide, and it is always full to the gills  ::)roll

Rob@Blast off

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2015, 09:47:21 pm »
Oh yes spent nearly two hours one day up a ladder with a gutter vac emptying one like that  >:(

Mike Halliday

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2015, 07:34:26 am »
Just got my new leaflets which has a big picture  of conservatory roof cleaning, so expecting some calls for it in the next few weeks.

Decided to buy a aluminium scaffold rig to do it, 2ft x 8ft x 10ft high. Do you think splitting the work up would be a good idea? Eg just the roof( which many cannot reach) and the side sections ( which the window cleaners or customers can clean)

samson

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2015, 09:01:04 am »
If you are just cleaning the roof you will get spills u derneath so upsell the full conservatory clean.  When you get good at it, and have the right tools/chems you can knock em off in no time.   Just dont book too many in one day as it can over face ya  ;D

Smudger

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2015, 09:32:32 am »
Part of selling the service Mike,

Always up sell your service by letting the the customer know it's a full clean , not just the roof.

If people know you are doing the finials, spars, panels, guttering, frames, glass and sills they are happier to pay the price than "just" for a roof.

Your average conny can be done by a pair in under an hour (3 x 6 meter)

Darran

Smurf

« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2015, 10:04:05 am »
One-off conservatory valet especially the awkward minging ones I hate doing them so I go in high pricewise as need and good incentive or I would just not bother to do them now. I’ve found the ones you think are going to be easy are usually the ones that turn out to be pigs to do.

Regarding access I tend to use either a conservatory ladder or a set of ladders with an ankalad fitted so can gain enough height using the ladders free standing. Hopups are handy for detailing the lower stuff on the sides etc as I try to avoid using step ladders if I can.

Stoots

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2015, 04:29:03 pm »
Thomas sanderson do charge a lot £600+

Ive done a few recently, they tend to take 2-3 hours thats includes inside and out and ive been charging  £100-£120 ish which for me is great money, to you coming from carpets it may not be.

It has to be said i dont win many quotes at this price as the going rate around here tend to be about £60

Mike Halliday

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2015, 05:29:12 pm »
I can't be going to do a quote, then 2 of us turning up, putting up a scaffold and spending 2hrs (inc the put up and strip  down of the scaffold ) cleaning a conservatory  for cheap money.

we would need to knock most of a. morning out of the diary.

Matt.

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2015, 06:35:45 pm »
Hello Mike

I done these last year started off with just wfp each square section was taking me about 4 hour ( some due to metal stucture and frames ) but the water alone wouldn't touch it. Am not saying virosol is the answer to all but this next one had been sprayed and barely touched with the brush
For about £10 5litres would be enough to thoroughly clean any sized conservatory in and out

Stoots

« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2015, 11:07:37 pm »
I can't be going to do a quote, then 2 of us turning up, putting up a scaffold and spending 2hrs (inc the put up and strip  down of the scaffold ) cleaning a conservatory  for cheap money.

we would need to knock most of a. morning out of the diary.

I would guess you would want to match the income you can get doing carpets otherwise whats the point, for me personally i do window cleaning, so 2 hours on a conny for 100 quid still leaves me 5-6 hours to get my windows done, i find add on jobs fit great with windows as you can just slot them in around. Sometimes iv started on windows broke off at 11 for a conny then back on the glass. With your business i suspect its a different game.

Smudger

« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2015, 11:16:49 pm »
Mike - no disrespect but that's far too much faffing about, you only need something like a scaffold tower for really big conny's the rest can be done from the ground or a third rung  of a leaning ladder.

Prices outside only start at £75 that will be an hour for a man or 35 mins for a pair.
£130 for in/outs

we do in excess of 150 per year, usually up sell and get soffit fascia gutter cleans as well, so just passing on some experience

Darran

samson

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2015, 01:02:05 am »
We are getting quite a few of these lately, not my favorait work, but with two of us can do a complete gutter, full conservatory and upvc clean in a couple of hours.       You find because your van is parked up for a bit other neighbors ask you to clean theirs.
We did three last week in the same grove.            Been using Tadgh cleaning solution today at ratio of 30-1 and it works well as opposed to the high alkaline tfr we normally use.  It smell nice too, and doesnt taste that bad either  ;D

Smudger

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2015, 01:10:31 am »
Which one is that ?

We trialled the ultra, very good on wood frames and glass but smells like week old pee

Darran

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2015, 01:29:26 am »
Hi Guys,  yes Thomas Sanderson do yield great pricing to valet conservatories, for anyone who wants to step it up a level get involved in detailing conservatories, yes detailing has to be carried out manually with proper access equipment but the results will justify the cost, we are talking here about earning £80 to £90 an hour, whats involved all glass and pvc surfaces interior and exterior must be deep cleaned by hand then when pvc surfaces are dry you apply a pvc  nano protect product which makes them shine better than their factory finish, this nano coating makes pvc finials frames etc glisten and will hold this sheen for two years, of course there is a limited market for this detailing work to be carried out and most of these type clients can justify putting £1000 or much more through their businesses for services carried out, for anyone interested in tapping into this market send me an email to  info@jskcleaning.ie  with your contact details and i will be happy to share some ideas under no obligation.  Tadgh

samson

« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2015, 01:35:29 am »
Been cleaning for 30 years, and never once after asking for price of a deep clean has anyone taken up the offer, and I am a good saleseman  ;D

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2015, 01:56:48 am »
Been cleaning for 30 years, and never once after asking for price of a deep clean has anyone taken up the offer, and I am a good saleseman  ;D
Hi Samson, are they letting you in through their electric gates, this is where you can yield the honey.

samson

« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2015, 02:48:20 am »
Hi Samson, are they letting you in through their electric gates, this is where you can yield the honey.
LOL, pressure washing is my love now, only take on other jobs to pay the bills  ;D

Mike Halliday

« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2015, 07:15:58 am »
Mike - no disrespect but that's far too much faffing about, you only need something like a scaffold tower for really big conny's the rest can be done from the ground or a third rung  of a leaning ladder

Your right it is too much faffing about but  I need to offer something different from the WFP companies, I want to sell my services as being something different and better( whether it is better or not, it's about how the customer perceives it) I'm looking at a price of £180 which is what I would earn in the same time cleaning carpets. Plus erecting a scaffold will take less than 5 minutes (and it will easily fit in my trailer) so it's not too much trouble for the extra impression it will make on the customer.

I'm even thinking of using my propane water heater on the van to use hot steaming water to clean with. But remember so far I have not cleaned a single roof!! So all my talk is just theory until I actually clean one then everything might change.

I'm trying to move  my cleaning out side of the house  away from the carpets and upholstery  to more PW and hopefully conny roofs & facia/soffits.

On Sanderson charging £800-£1000 for deep cleans, in my late 20s I worked as a double glazing salesmen For Anglian windows for 5 years, at the time they were the biggest and most expensive company in the UK. I sold conservatories for over  £20k when other companies were offering them for £5k. these companies used to laugh at our prices saying no one would pay so much for a conservatory. But Anglian sold 20 a week,  it's like tadgh says it's about finding & getting past the electric gates to the customers who will pay the high prices. Luckily I live in an area with lots of high end customers

samson

« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2015, 07:31:14 am »
Mike why don't you offer the conservatory valet to your existing carpet/press wash customers.     You are more than welcome to come out with us to see how we do it.   Don't claim to do it perfect but we look good doing it  ;D

samson

« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2015, 07:32:59 am »
Also if you get the van sign written with the service you will pull in the custies, we have had 7 since we had the van done, so paid it for itself.

Smudger

« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2015, 11:07:53 am »
I'm not saying there isn't a market for high end, the fact that Thomas Sanderson exist and advertise on TV proves there is, however whether you can jump straight into this end of the market and make it worth your while is another matter.

If your looking to provide something different, better then your looking at things like removing end caps to clear compromised polycarbonate panels, removing and re sealing old silicone joints, etc..
Anything less is just a slower more time consuming version of just water fed pole people where you will earn no more per hour for all that extra effort

Darran

Smurf

« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2015, 11:58:00 am »
Thomas Sanderson earn their money apparently installing high end products like window shutters / blinds not cleaning conservatories.

If someone is going to pay 20k upwards for window shutters/ blinds then 1k is nothing to clean a conservatory to some before they install the blinds.   ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ltfi-MmZds

On another forum a chap use to work cleaning conservatories for them and the boss did not want them to look like window cleaners nor use wfp for hard to reach bits either. I wonder why?

Rob@Blast off

« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2015, 06:07:38 pm »
Just don't be quoting over the phone as I've turned up to do a "normal conservatory" that was 40ft x 12 ridged with a fall towards the house  :(

samson

« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2015, 09:40:35 pm »
Just don't be quoting over the phone as I've turned up to do a "normal conservatory" that was 40ft x 12 ridged with a fall towards the house  :(
We had the same last month, said it was an average size consevatory, and it was covering a swimming pool !!!    They still havn't paid either after 3 weeks  ::)roll

Smurf

« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2015, 10:12:31 pm »
We had the same last month, said it was an average size consevatory, and it was covering a swimming pool !!!    They still havn't paid either after 3 weeks  ::)roll

Classic mistake...I'm betting you are well peed off then?

Stoots

« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2015, 11:01:47 pm »

i wouldnt offer credit on larger jobs, its cash or cheque on the day only.

Smurf

« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2015, 11:18:26 pm »

i wouldnt offer credit on larger jobs, its cash or cheque on the day only.

+ 1

samson

« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2015, 09:00:33 am »
What do you do if the customer is out ?

Rob@Blast off

« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2015, 09:52:25 am »
On bigger jobs like commercial or management company work you have to invoice them but just be clear about the terms.

Matt.

« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2015, 01:09:30 pm »
I would shake the customers hand if I got paid the same day ......... Wow ;D

Last night on this job tonight, coz it's ran over into beginning of month it won't be paid until end of month plus 30 days ....... Bit of a bummer but it's how it is.

Stoots

« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2015, 01:13:57 pm »
Commercial works different i suppose, but with residential i would want paying the same day for anything over about £30.
If they are out i would have arranged to call back asap the same evening

samson

« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2015, 02:09:48 pm »
Commercial works different i suppose, but with residential i would want paying the same day for anything over about £30.
If we operated on these terms we would be out of business  :o

Smurf

« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2015, 02:47:05 pm »
What do you do if the customer is out ?

On a full conservatory valet I book the work when customers are home. Much the same way as domestic  full exterior house cleans, drive and patio jobs etc  so I get paid when I've  finished there and then....No prods.

Also another advantage in doing so I make sure customers are happy with the finished results and many keep me feed and watered whilst working too. ;D

The only time I have to invoice cutomers and have to wait  for payment is on commercial jobs thesedays. 

Stoots

« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2015, 02:50:59 pm »

all my window cleaning is as normal, cash on the day or pay online/cheque
any commercial is sometimes not paid for 30 days or whatever thats to be expected

but any residential work i do as a one off be in conservatory cleaning, gutter cleaning, or car valeting is paid at the time of the clean or im not doing it.

depends on your business though, if you do mostly connys, gutters etc then fair enough, but im mainly a window cleaner 90% of the time so these are add ons.

Smurf

« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2015, 02:58:17 pm »
I only have a very select domestic window cleaning round and get paid there and then too. If someone is out then the money will be left with next door or they pay for them. Eeither way I get paid straight after and don't need to chase for payments.

Matt.

« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2015, 03:13:16 pm »

Yes I no mate, sometimes it can be a pain.......... Waiting on a payment now from a customer that's now over 100 days   ::)roll this is in the thousands, I have a few like this but ya get it in the end, sometimes have to knock on there door, and explain ya can't pay ya bills with a pat on the back  ???

I spread my work across many companies so there's always payments off one or the other,  but on the other hand I have some fantastic companies that will pay within 7 days

Smurf

« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2015, 05:27:28 pm »

Yes I no mate, sometimes it can be a pain.......... Waiting on a payment now from a customer that's now over 100 days   ::)roll this is in the thousands, I have a few like this but ya get it in the end, sometimes have to knock on there door, and explain ya can't pay ya bills with a pat on the back  ???

I spread my work across many companies so there's always payments off one or the other,  but on the other hand I have some fantastic companies that will pay within 7 days

The ones that mess you about you should be charging them late payment interest surely?
I get rid of ones that go longer than 30 days as they are just talking the pee.

Matt.

« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2015, 06:57:00 pm »
Smurf

Some of these generate a lot of work for me into big numbers ... Yes sometimes there a pain to get paid off but all bills get settled at some point
I have a customer who pays 90 days from invoice date !!! What do u do ? Say an not working for u .... After the initial 3 months u then receive a monthly payment but always 3 months behind the invoice, but other pay quite quick.
It's how it is and sometimes if u want to play cricket with the big boys .... U have to play ball

Smurf

« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2015, 06:59:49 pm »
Smurf

Some of these generate a lot of work for me into big numbers ... Yes sometimes there a pain to get paid off but all bills get settled at some point
I have a customer who pays 90 days from invoice date !!! What do u do ? Say an not working for u .... After the initial 3 months u then receive a monthly payment but always 3 months behind the invoice, but other pay quite quick.
It's how it is and sometimes if u want to play cricket with the big boys .... U have to play ball

90 day terms I would tell them to do one as I don't play cricket  ;D

30 day is the law not 90 https://www.gov.uk/invoicing-and-taking-payment-from-customers/payment-obligations

Matt.

« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2015, 07:13:01 pm »
 ;D ;D

I don't mind it meself ... Not my favourite sport but ...

samson

« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2015, 08:36:59 pm »
Worst bit about the late payer ( 2 brand new jags on drive ) is I have lost here name and phone number  ::)roll
Looks like 200 squid down the drain  :'(

Rob@Blast off

« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2015, 08:45:57 pm »
Worst bit about the late payer ( 2 brand new jags on drive ) is I have lost here name and phone number  ::)roll

Ha ha I'm terrible at getting names and numbers too always got my hands full or driving when people ring, just go round and drop a bill off, had to do this today no name or number but I know i'll get paid always do eventually.

Smudger

« Reply #57 on: August 09, 2015, 09:13:13 pm »

So you don't know where he lives then ???

Smurf - sometimes you gotta roll with payments when it's larger works, as long as we know the terms before starting we will consider 60 or 90 days for repeating works

Darran

samson

« Reply #58 on: August 09, 2015, 09:55:38 pm »

So you don't know where he lives then ???

Smurf - sometimes you gotta roll with payments when it's larger works, as long as we know the terms before starting we will consider 60 or 90 days for repeating works

Darran
Yes, in fact we did a reminder invoice on friday, but if it gets a bit fruity gonna look ike a right twot if we have no name  ;D

Smudger

« Reply #59 on: August 09, 2015, 10:00:31 pm »
Just go with the name Prescott

;D

Darran

Mike Halliday

« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2017, 10:51:16 am »
I started this  topic about 18 months ago to enquiry about con' roof cleaning.

I started cleaning conservatories last summer ,  I have have cleaned about 25 and still Cannot clean them as fast as quoted in these replies 2 of us are taking 90mins just for the roof, and we have yet to find one we could get really clean without putting up the portable scaffold.

We are charging on average £180 just for a roof & guttering clean ( we do rinse the Windows as we tend to splash them) this was this weeks job this took us 2 hrs, it had 2gutters against the house.

Smurf

« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2017, 06:32:08 pm »
Maybe you could always hypo the crap out of it from the ground if you want to do it quicker. lol

And the funny bit is I'm not joking.

BDCS

« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2017, 06:52:24 pm »
Thats what I do

Matt.

« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2017, 10:56:21 pm »
I wouldn't use hypo on these type of jobs ( I don't do domestic ), I tried hypo on glass roofs on commercial jobs and it's not very good to say the least.

Virosol or ics ( supplier for clover chems )  brand powersol was what I used to use, on similar type jobs, but now use ics hd degreaser £10 for 5l,  which is by far the best chem I have found for these type of jobs.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2017, 07:30:33 am »
I use TFR At the moment, I was thinking of using a biocide sprayed on the same day as I do the quote so it has a week or so to work before I do the clean.

It's the decorative  apex that the challenge, getting into all the little knock & crannies, where we can lean across and reach with a handbrush gives a much better finish than the WFPs

Smurf

« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2017, 10:14:39 am »
Pointy bits can be a pig to clean properly for sure. I always ask to view the conservatory roof from an upstairs bedroom window on a quote  if possible. Then afterwards just to make sure I've cleaned all the roof properly. If not I get the custard to spot for me from  the bedroom window as is quite easy to miss bits especially on awkward ones. Trapped moss growing in between trims is my pet hate and also needs to be removed.  Not to mention to clear any roof and wall gullies (if applicable) and inside the guttering too.

You could pretreat the roof  whilst their after a quote I suppose as might help to speed up the clean when you call back to clean it.
I've not tried this myself yet but I'm sure someone mentioned on here they do with the algon or something like that.

Matt.

« Reply #66 on: February 13, 2017, 12:27:58 pm »
We did a rather big glass roof last year, I had it all planned out using hypo. The crap was welded to it, went along on day one prewet each section and treated with hypo, hoping the next day to just fly through it. Was a waste of time.
I think ur approach off the scaffolding is about as good as it could be done at reasonable prices

Jonny Swirljet

« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2017, 03:48:54 pm »
If you freeze frame at 1:47 on TS vid - the dirt looks to me like its been deliberately smeared on, unless they have a pet monkey

Smurf

« Reply #68 on: February 13, 2017, 07:34:42 pm »
We did a rather big glass roof last year, I had it all planned out using hypo. The crap was welded to it, went along on day one prewet each section and treated with hypo, hoping the next day to just fly through it. Was a waste of time.
I think ur approach off the scaffolding is about as good as it could be done at reasonable prices

Was that the bird poop from hell railway station glass roof?

Matt.

« Reply #69 on: February 13, 2017, 09:58:29 pm »
It was smurf, second one we done was worse than the first.

That hd degreaser worked wonderers, water was flowing out of brushes and we dipped it into buckets of hd, worked along so far, then drop back to the started to clean.
I just been and got some today, I have a large kitchen to clean tonight, loads of plastic walls & panels.
Spray everywhere up, wash it all down then squeegee all the walls.
Picking a lad up at half 10, am hoping he's guna say he will do it on his own and I can go home, I had a stupid busy last 2 weeks and need a few hrs kip

Smurf

« Reply #70 on: February 14, 2017, 11:26:16 am »
I  was wondering if you used the softwash approach with hd degreaser sprayed on instead. Then followed up with bronze wool pads fitted with a rinse bar rather than of a wfp brush would have been any quicker to clean those huge areas of glass?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6du1v9L9RA

I remember you also saying another contractor got kicked off site using a pressure washer.

Matt.

« Reply #71 on: February 14, 2017, 12:49:46 pm »
💤💤💤 not long been up can't believe it's nearly 1 o'clock.

I never did smurf just dipped brush into buckets, but In hindsight now if I approached a job like that I would use soft wash setup, I would add chems to tank,  but would defo need a second tank with just water coming behind.

Aqua Power Solutions

« Reply #72 on: February 14, 2017, 04:16:00 pm »

Mike , the crestings & finials on conservatories are what stand out on the roof , these ladders save us time and effort  getting the roofs spotless

Ed
Aqua Power Solutions external property maintenance 01423 541 400 Mobile 0752 158 3240  Visit our Facebook page for examples of our work https://www.facebook.com/Aqua-Power-Solutions-332485570200950/

Smurf

« Reply #73 on: February 14, 2017, 04:52:58 pm »
Nice pic...Even if you charged just half the price of TS custards would be more  than happy seeing you doing it that way by  hand surely?

For me if custards want a their conservatory roof cleaned by hand using a conservatory ladder then I tend to charge a lot more ( Danger money) lol

Also if I feel that the use of a conservatory ladder  is the best option for access on the quote will price it up accordingly too.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #74 on: February 14, 2017, 05:49:27 pm »

Mike , the crestings & finials on conservatories are what stand out on the roof , these ladders save us time and effort  getting the roofs spotless

Ed

Yep that's what's needed, I have been giving buying a set of these some serious thought.

Smurf

Re: Conservatory valet New
« Reply #75 on: February 14, 2017, 06:32:15 pm »
If I'm honest I don't like using  conservatory roof ladders with a roof section ladder added as I've had one slip on me whilst working up there. Not only that can be a pain in the arse having to keep moving  it about as the esi-dec one I have you have to take off the roof section to move it each time. Also the black rubber on the struts tends to leave black marks and you can't clean the area around them very well and defo not under where it rests so have to try to sort that out after each ladder set.

I would also  not recommend to use a conservatory roof ladder secured with just on sucker as the four sucker ones are better and more secure.

Apart from that they come in handy. lol