mancharry

Re: Business from the web
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2006, 03:26:35 pm »
mancharry   you sound like you know what you are talking about.Does it cost alot to get your website so easily accessible?Who sorted that out for you?
I made the website myself and used a little knowledge I've got and a few programmes to check keywords, page setup and search engine submissions. It only cost me my time and £12 for the domain name and hosting.

mancharry

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2006, 03:30:31 pm »
I have been using Ad Words for few months now, and have not had a single hit from it.  So from my own experience I can say that people (in Newcastle) do not use search engine to find a cleaner.

Searches done in December 2005
Count Search Term
 54  cleaning newcastle services
 34  commercial cleaning newcastle
 29  cleaning newcastle office
 28  cleaning newcastle
 27  car cleaning newcastle
 27  cleaning company newcastle
 27  cleaning house newcastle
 26  cleaning commercial newcastle services
 26  valet cleaning newcastle
 16  cleaning newcastle upholstery
 13  cleaning company in newcastle tyne upon
 12  carpet cleaning newcastle

There were a couple of hundred on MSN see above

You are probably using the wrong keywords.

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2006, 04:31:46 pm »
...You are probably using the wrong keywords.

Here are my key words:

Cleaners in Newcastle
Cleaners in Newcastle upon Tyne
Cleaners in Ponteland
Domestic cleaners in Darras Hall
Domestic cleaners in Newcastle
Domestic cleaners in Newcastle upon Tyne
Domestic cleaners in Ponteland
Domestic cleaning in Newcastle
Domestic cleaning in Newcastle upon Tyne
Ironing Services
Ironing service in Darras Hall
Ironing service in Newcastle
Ironing service in Newcastle upon Tyne
Ironing service in Ponteland
A & J Cleaning Services
A and J Cleaning Services
Cleaners in Darras Hall
Cleaners in Ponteland
Cleaning Services
Cleaning agency in Darras Hall
Cleaning agency in Newcastle
Cleaning agency in Newcastle upon Tyne
Cleaning agency in Ponteland
Cleaning in Darras Hall
Cleaning in Newcastle
Cleaning in Newcastle upon Tyne
Cleaning in Ponteland
Cleaning service in Darras Hall
Cleaning service in Newcastle
Cleaning service in Newcastle upon Tyne
Cleaning service in Ponteland
Darras Hall
Darras Hall cleaners
House Cleaning
House cleaning
Newcastle cleaners
Newcastle upon Tyne cleaners
Office cleaning in Newcastle
Office cleaning in Newcastle upon Tyne
Office cleaning in Ponteland
Oven cleaning in Darras Hall
Oven cleaning in Newcastle
Oven cleaning in Newcastle upon Tyne
Ponteland
Ponteland cleaners
ironing
residential cleaning
vileda
Cleaner
spring cleaning
"How clean is your house"
::)
As I said, I have not had a single hit 

mancharry

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2006, 05:31:34 pm »
...You are probably using the wrong keywords.

Here are my key words:

Cleaners in Newcastle
Cleaners in Newcastle upon Tyne
Cleaners in Ponteland
Domestic cleaners in Darras Hall
Domestic cleaners in Newcastle
Domestic cleaners in Newcastle upon Tyne
Domestic cleaners in Ponteland
Domestic cleaning in Newcastle
Domestic cleaning in Newcastle upon Tyne
Ironing Services
Ironing service in Darras Hall
Ironing service in Newcastle
Ironing service in Newcastle upon Tyne
Ironing service in Ponteland
A & J Cleaning Services
A and J Cleaning Services
Cleaners in Darras Hall
Cleaners in Ponteland
Cleaning Services
Cleaning agency in Darras Hall
Cleaning agency in Newcastle
Cleaning agency in Newcastle upon Tyne
Cleaning agency in Ponteland
Cleaning in Darras Hall
Cleaning in Newcastle
Cleaning in Newcastle upon Tyne
Cleaning in Ponteland
Cleaning service in Darras Hall
Cleaning service in Newcastle
Cleaning service in Newcastle upon Tyne
Cleaning service in Ponteland
Darras Hall
Darras Hall cleaners
House Cleaning
House cleaning
Newcastle cleaners
Newcastle upon Tyne cleaners
Office cleaning in Newcastle
Office cleaning in Newcastle upon Tyne
Office cleaning in Ponteland
Oven cleaning in Darras Hall
Oven cleaning in Newcastle
Oven cleaning in Newcastle upon Tyne
Ponteland
Ponteland cleaners
ironing
residential cleaning
vileda
Cleaner
spring cleaning
"How clean is your house"
::)
As I said, I have not had a single hit 

Seems very strange. Are you still using the adwords campaign? How much were you paying per click. If you were not on the first page of results you've got little chance of getting a click.
To be on first page you need to be in first 8.
Try matching your title /description to the most popular search term
ie if the most impressions was on 'cleaning in newcastle' make your title 'cleaning in newcastle'

mancharry

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2006, 05:41:41 pm »
I'll have a bet with you. I have just bought a web name for newcastle and will make a website and get it listed. I bet you that I get at least one enquiry before 21.2.06.
If I do, you buy it , if I don't you can have it for free!

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2006, 08:50:15 pm »
If I type “clean” in the Google tool bar, my ad will come up in the second position of the first page.  I pay per clicks from 0.03 to 0.5, as much as it needed to see my ad on the first page.  In my Ad Words complain I target very narrow location, because there is no reason for me to pay for clicks made from outside Newcastle. 

Yesterday my web had 40 hits, 35 of which were from the USA.  Number of clicks does not mean a lot does it?

mancharry

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2006, 12:27:21 am »
clicks turn into enquiries.

Is the bet on then or not?

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2006, 12:43:57 am »
I do not see point in such bet, because in the end of the day I am not promoting my site nationwide or worldwide. I am promoting my business only in Newcastle area.
Thanks,
Arthur

mancharry

« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2006, 12:46:57 am »
Yes Arthur I will get an enquiry from the newcastle uk area within one month. You say the web doesn't work for you I want to prove it will. I'm gonna do it anyway and post on here when I get the first enquiry.

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2006, 12:06:07 am »
mancharry,
I have got 28 clicks from the USA one from Canada and only three from the UK.

What would you say/suggest?
Regards,
Arthur

mancharry

« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2006, 12:51:21 am »
have a look at the regional setting on your adwords campaign. You have probably specified for your ads to be displayed worldwide and not the uk. You need to target uk only in your campaign. Login to adwords Select your campaign (tick box) then select 'edit settings' and specify uk only
This should do it. Let me know how you get on.

« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2006, 08:04:40 am »
The area which I have been targeting is in Newcastle upon Tyne ( only 20 miles around).

American visitors have nothing to do with Ad Words campaign as I have not had a single hit from it.

mancharry

« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2006, 09:20:20 am »
How does your site get the hits? If its from general search engines your title tags, description,keywords and page content need to be narrowed to the area you want to target.

Meta tags analysis cleaningforyou.co.uk
Title: Title meta tag contains no errors.
This tag contains 36 characters.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Title relevancy to page content is excellent.
The Title relevancy to page content is 100%.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Description: Description meta tag contains no errors.
This tag contains 184 characters.

Description relevancy to page content is excellent.
The Description relevancy to page content is 96%.

Keywords: The keywords tag contain stop words.
The keyword(s) 'a, and' are stop words and ignored by the most search engines.
Keyword relevancy to page content is fair.
The keywords relevancy to page content is 67%.

Robots: Found no robots meta tag.
This tag is not really required but helps spiders to index the web page.

Author: The Author meta tag contains no errors.
This tag contains 15 characters.

woodman

« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2006, 02:59:59 pm »
AJ

It's not hits that count but the visits, a lot of unscrupulous web builders,hosts etc will talk about the hits you get, this means nothing if they do not actually visit the site.

I also use Ad Words and get between 15-30 'visits' a day.

Your site also must have some good content to make the punters visit again and again and it must also be updated on a regular basis.

You should take another look at your keywording which clearly isn't working well if you have had no visits on your site. ;)

« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2006, 09:22:29 pm »
...It's not hits that count but the visits...
When I say hit - I mean session another words visit.  In one of my previous post in this topic I have a copy of my statistic for 22/01/2006.

….You should take another look at your keywording which clearly isn't working well if you have had no visits on your site. ;)
Below there is a copy of Ad Word statistic for my site, which shows that my web listed in the first 8, which is the first page, but so far I have not had any clicks/visitors from Ad Words.  In my personal opinion it means that people in Newcastle upon Tyne area do not search for cleaning services on the internet.

Regards,
Arthur

mancharry

« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2006, 11:15:31 pm »
Arthur
am building the site now for Newcastle, we will see.
In 2 weeks you will find it on Yahoo MSN Altavista within 4 weeks I will have an enquiry.

There a two immediate problems I see with your site and this is only my opinion, you can take it or leave it, no offence intended.
1, the home page takes too long to load before any information can be seen
2, maybe its my computer but all the text on the pages seems blurred and is hard to read.
(has anyone else seen this?)

Re your Google adwords campaign there are some campaigns showing over 1000 impressions (ie the number of times your ad has been displayed in search results) and you haven't had one click! You must be doing something wrong- the text in your ad must  be relevant to the search term- on google if your ad text matches the search term it is highlighted in bold. This draws attention to your ad and should generate a click.
Other than that you should set the campaign to only show in the UK- this will stop american hits.

« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2006, 08:54:32 am »
mancharry,
Thank you for your respond,
Here is a copy of my ad on Ad Word:

Any suggestions to wording?
My site has been criticised here.  I welcome constructive criticisms, as it helps to improve things.
Regards,
Arthur

Central Window Cleaners

« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2006, 11:48:19 am »
Hi, sorry for the delay in replying. The payment page was really easy to setup, I just setup Paypal and Nochex accounts and they have a free service to create the buttons that link directly to your accounts.

Regarding my website currently when I search for Window cleaning in Nuneaton etc I am in the top five on google and yahoo. The same for my drive cleaning.

I keep updating my pages whenever I can to try to improve the things you mentioned, but am not to worried at the moment. I mainly point all my current customers to it for additional services and payments.

*Chris Browne

« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2006, 12:58:08 pm »
Arthur
am building the site now for Newcastle, we will see.
In 2 weeks you will find it on Yahoo MSN Altavista within 4 weeks I will have an enquiry.

There a two immediate problems I see with your site and this is only my opinion, you can take it or leave it, no offence intended.
1, the home page takes too long to load before any information can be seen
2, maybe its my computer but all the text on the pages seems blurred and is hard to read.
(has anyone else seen this?)

Re your Google adwords campaign there are some campaigns showing over 1000 impressions (ie the number of times your ad has been displayed in search results) and you haven't had one click! You must be doing something wrong- the text in your ad must  be relevant to the search term- on google if your ad text matches the search term it is highlighted in bold. This draws attention to your ad and should generate a click.
Other than that you should set the campaign to only show in the UK- this will stop american hits.

Hi
I didnt think it was blurred but i must admit i found it very long in loading, in fact if i was looking for a cleaning company and clicked that page ,i would in all honesty have clicked back of before the info had come up but apart from that its a very slick looking site.

chris

www.scsf.co.uk        (not slick looking) ;)

mancharry

« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2006, 05:01:03 pm »
mancharry,
Thank you for your respond,
Here is a copy of my ad on Ad Word:

Any suggestions to wording?
My site has been criticised here.  I welcome constructive criticisms, as it helps to improve things.
Regards,
Arthur

Arthur
it depends what keywords you have been using and which ones have had the most impressions. Select the keyword(s) that has has had the most impressions and use it in your title instead of AJ cleaning-
I have made the website and uploaded it at www.newcastle-cleaner.co.uk Use the contact form on there to send me your email address, telephone number and specific geographical areas you want to target and I will set the site up to forward  all enquiries to you. This will be totally free with no obligation for one month. If it hasn't worked we'll call it a day and change it back to my details but if it has worked you may consider letting me manage the internet for you while you concentrate on cleaning! What do you think?