koopmaster

Gutter pricing?
« on: July 12, 2014, 02:19:27 pm »
So I bit the bullet and bought my gutter poles this morning.  hopefully 24 feet is good enough to start with!!

I can always buy another couple of poles at a later date.

So I was wondering how much to actually charge?  I heard guys say a £ a meter?  is that the going rate now?

Does anyone use a camera and is it a necessity?

ben M

Re: Gutter pricing?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 02:32:06 pm »
which one have you got?
i charge £3 per meter, have a camera,never use it

Bungle

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 02:40:14 pm »
 I go in at £2 from bracket to bracket. Did a £50 job yesterday and there was bugger all in them apart from a small tree in the downspout. She was watching me so I made out they were quite full and I was making it look like I was actually working  :D
We look at them, they look through them.

PoleKing

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 02:41:18 pm »
which one have you got?

Why don't you need to use it, Ben?
What kit have you got?
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

ben M

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2014, 02:48:17 pm »
which one have you got?

Why don't you need to use it, Ben?
What kit have you got?
i've got this: http://www.grippatank.co.uk/vacuum/high-level-vacuum-poles-kits-spares/complete-package-kits/1838/grippavac-outdoor-domestic-24ft-pro-kit-detail.html
 The camera would be useful sometimes but can't be bothered to use it to be honest.

PoleKing

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2014, 03:24:24 pm »
Cool.
I'd imagine the 60' is hard work.
It's hard enough poling!
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

Smudger

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2014, 04:49:01 pm »
We charge per run minimum call out is £45 for a front of terraced house, we do quote blind but normally take a look before giving price, check access and to see if they are full of weeds

Got a camera, after four years of clearing gutters it's surplus to requirements, you can tell by feel if it's empty, but I do offer an inspection service which has only been taken up 3 or 4 times as most just say get on and clear them

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Tom-01

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2014, 05:04:12 pm »
I've just started quoting per metre for us, £3. But I normally end up putting another £30 or so on top just in case we need to get the ladder off the van. I absolutely hate having to get the ladder off the van now these days.

gavinb

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2014, 05:53:09 pm »
Theres some idiot round by me doing gutters , soffits , fascias and a window clean for £17.50 a side !
They have put the price up bY £5 as they were only charging £12.50 lol
Stupid people !
I charge £3 bracket to bracket minimum £30 a side .

koopmaster

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2014, 05:14:18 pm »
thanks guys.  the poles will be delivered next week.  they are just light aluminum poles 24 feet and the nilfisk 30 vac. 

was going to practice on mine and next doors gutters. Already put "NEW PROFESSIONAL GUTTER CLEANING " on my invoices to tell custies. 

Craig downey

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2014, 09:49:59 pm »
How do you find you get most of your gutter cleaning work? I don't do window cleaning etc....I'm a gardener, but wondered if leaflets worked, and what time of year is most popular?

Johnny B

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2014, 10:21:24 pm »
How do you find you get most of your gutter cleaning work? I don't do window cleaning etc....I'm a gardener, but wondered if leaflets worked, and what time of year is most popular?

Craig, you could move to Ireland where I am. You'd get plenty of gardening work around here, there are hundreds of rooftop lawns that need tending!  ;D

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Craig downey

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2014, 11:24:00 pm »
I'm mad busy with gardening, only got a gutter vac mainly for winter work, but have been trying to test the water before winter arrives