֍Winp®oClean֍

Re: Supreme brushes?
« Reply #100 on: December 05, 2021, 02:18:08 pm »
After a little more tweaking the brush is even better now.  Might try and capture a couple of photos of it in use. It's now more like a rectangular brush with round ends rather than an entirely oval affair.  It's kept a lovely soft feel, is very effective, efficient and has a considerably lighter wet weight. Corners are no longer an issue whether sash, recessed or not. It's actually quite a bit of an animal now without the weight! Works great with a swivel too.💪😁💪
I would recommend anyone who has a worn one, or one they don't use to try the same, it's a totally different beast.👍

How much have you trimmed off? I’ve got an old one I might try modifying, I agree the bristles standard are slightly too long.

I'm not sure Lee as I didn't measure them before cutting.😬
If you look back at the photos you will see it side by side with a partially worn Xtreme. This will give you some guidance.
Just be patient, I cut mine down about four times, each time testing it then re-trimming to get it just right. You can always remove but not replace just bear in mind. Also, after a trim, press the brush against a flat surface to see where you might wish to trim to your own liking. When mine is pressed against the glass the top and bottom rows of bristles are parallel to the brush stock, they don't form an oval shape like in standard trim. The brush is now more like a rectangular brush but with rounded ends- which really get into every corner and whip spiders nests out for fun!
Use good, sharp scissors and take your time. Good luck and hope you like the outcome as much as I do.👍
Comfortably Numb!

Lee GLS

« Reply #101 on: December 05, 2021, 02:38:16 pm »
I love the longer bristles on the Supreme. It's my new favourite brush. Only just switched my 25 slx pole to one. We were still using superlites. Everybody's different I guess. ;D

If you were using superlites before then you aren't going to notice much difference in wet weight I suspect. However, when you come backwards from Ultimate and Xtreme brushes then the standard supreme is equivalent to a yard broom!😁
The problem is, you haven't tried a shorter bristle, modified supreme. If you had, you might just now be agreeing with everything I've posted. I thought our car was fine before I had it remapped, only then did I realise just how poor it actually  was in standard form!
How much did you trim off the bristles?

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #102 on: December 05, 2021, 05:30:36 pm »
I love the longer bristles on the Supreme. It's my new favourite brush. Only just switched my 25 slx pole to one. We were still using superlites. Everybody's different I guess. ;D

If you were using superlites before then you aren't going to notice much difference in wet weight I suspect. However, when you come backwards from Ultimate and Xtreme brushes then the standard supreme is equivalent to a yard broom!😁
The problem is, you haven't tried a shorter bristle, modified supreme. If you had, you might just now be agreeing with everything I've posted. I thought our car was fine before I had it remapped, only then did I realise just how poor it actually  was in standard form!

See post above.
Comfortably Numb!

Lee GLS

« Reply #103 on: December 05, 2021, 08:27:01 pm »

See post above.

😬 not sure how I missed that 🤣. Will get the scissors out

Splash & dash

« Reply #104 on: December 05, 2021, 08:40:38 pm »

See post above.

😬 not sure how I missed that 🤣. Will get the scissors out

Don’t ruin a good brush 😂😂😂

Simon Trapani

« Reply #105 on: December 05, 2021, 10:10:23 pm »
I have used ultimate & extreme. Didn’t like them in my slx. I find the shorter bristles make me catch the brush stock on vents & hinges etc. Still use an extreme on the 47 super max though just because it’s so light. And I do notice the lesser weight of the supreme up to the superlight. Just my personal preference. I couldn’t be doing with modifying equipment to the extent you have though. I like it off the shelf.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #106 on: December 05, 2021, 10:42:11 pm »
I have used ultimate & extreme. Didn’t like them in my slx. I find the shorter bristles make me catch the brush stock on vents & hinges etc. Still use an extreme on the 47 super max though just because it’s so light. And I do notice the lesser weight of the supreme up to the superlight. Just my personal preference. I couldn’t be doing with modifying equipment to the extent you have though. I like it off the shelf.

I get where you're coming from. It's embarrassing at times, if the customer's in and the Xtreme stock is rattling the frames!😁
What I will say is that this barely happens with the shorter supreme, a combination of stock dimensions and bristle density help it behave better. As for the 'extent' It's  30 minutes of time for something that will be used every working day for 'hopefully' around 3/4 months.👍
Comfortably Numb!