jonboywalton75

Re: New van,new system
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2020, 09:29:04 am »
Thank you Daz, you're admiration is precious to me ;D

jonboywalton75

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2020, 09:32:36 am »
i paid around £6k for mine.....500L  PF tank and frame,grippa 9kw diesel hot water system with frost stat and electric reel.......all including fitting.personally i dont think thats a bad price.....

Yeah not bad for the tank/reel, its the 4.5k on a heater that's a waste of hard earned

jonboywalton75

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2020, 09:35:09 am »
My system
Wyedale tank £250 ish
Pump £100
Battery £120
Reel £50

Its been running relatively problem free for 5 years continuously in my Transit custom

dazmond

« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2020, 03:43:06 pm »
i like cleaning with hot water...i got fed up of messing about with gas heaters so i went down the diesel heater route...i dont regret it one bit....i dont care about the money it cost!it was bought and paid for years ago now!

i also got sick of gas heaters cracking and breaking because of forgetting to put an oil filled radiator in the back on freezing nights and forgetting to unscrew the drain screw.....

its far more reliable,safer and better than a gas heater......

personally for me id never have a DIY system again....been there and done that(ive had 2 DIY systems in the past)
price higher/work harder!

Jonny 87

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2020, 06:42:59 pm »
i paid around £6k for mine.....500L  PF tank and frame,grippa 9kw diesel hot water system with frost stat and electric reel.......all including fitting.personally i dont think thats a bad price.....

Yeah not bad for the tank/reel, its the 4.5k on a heater that's a waste of hard earned

Waste?

Each to their own.

It’s funny how opinionated some people can be. Almost as though their trying to convince themselves.  ;)
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

p1w1

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2020, 07:16:25 pm »
What always makes me laugh is I DIY it so i can fix it myself, they make out like a professionally installed system you need a degree to fix it  ;D. They're basically the same the only difference really is a proper baffled tank and properly bolted to the floor for a fitted system.
There really is no right or wrong, DIY if done properly can be just as good. A fitted system takes away the hassle of doing it yourself and generally looks more tidy, especially when it's all in a cabinet or similar.

david mark

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2020, 09:50:48 pm »
I've installed over 20 of my own vans the past 15 years don't understand why you need to by overpriced company products totally a waist of money no point what so ever

dazmond

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2020, 09:56:55 pm »
I've installed over 20 of my own vans the past 15 years don't understand why you need to by overpriced company products totally a waist of money no point what so ever

it just depends.......if you want a decent hot water system with frost stat id say it was better to have a pro install IMO......

harleyman

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2020, 10:17:49 pm »
You was muged can You fix it if owt gose wrong  think not.

p1w1

« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2020, 08:01:16 am »
You was muged can You fix it if owt gose wrong  think not.
Why is that then?

jonboywalton75

« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2020, 08:49:43 am »

Waste?

Each to their own.

It’s funny how opinionated some people can be. Almost as though their trying to convince themselves.  ;)

Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer hot, just dont want any faffing with heaters or to pay thousands for a reliable one.
Ive got other priorities.

Dry Clean

« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2020, 10:31:35 am »

Waste?

Each to their own.

Dry Clean

« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2020, 10:42:57 am »

Waste?

Each to their own.

Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer hot, just dont want any faffing with heaters or to pay thousands for a reliable one.

Iv tried hot and it made absolutely no difference to my working day in either speed or quality but if it had I would have bought a heater or done a bit of faffing to get one cheaper, I cant understand why you would say something is a waste of money if you think it has value.

P @ F

« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2020, 11:38:19 am »
My system
Wyedale tank £250 ish
Pump £100
Battery £120
Reel £50

its amazing what you can get on a budget...well done! :)
Yes , just think , £850 more and it could be a hot system.   ;D ;D ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

p1w1

« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2020, 11:43:43 am »
Be careful of the CIU advertising police  ;D

jonboywalton75

« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2020, 08:12:52 am »

Waste?

Each to their own.

Iv tried hot and it made absolutely no difference to my working day in either speed or quality but if it had I would have bought a heater or done a bit of faffing to get one cheaper, I cant understand why you would say something is a waste of money if you think it has value.

It's not a waste of say £50
It is a waste of £4500.00

RPCCS

« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2020, 08:46:14 am »
I bought all the parts for my system and fitted it myself to the last  4 vans..
Tank was about 150; pump was 80;  reel 40 , battery 80 and hose  I can’t remember how much, thinknthe flow controller was 80.
Cheers Rich

dazmond

« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2020, 08:52:11 am »
It's absolutely one of the best things I've done getting a new van and a decent diesel hot system.i dont see it as a waste at all....its an asset to my business every day......

....and I'll do it all over again in 2034(the year before they stop selling brand new diesel vans)unless something better comes onto the market.......

jonboywalton75

« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2020, 04:49:41 pm »
I suppose you keep Grippa in business 👍👍