Brian Nunn

In line push fit flow tap.
« on: November 08, 2017, 05:27:46 pm »
I normally use a ladder and clean windows traditionally but for those windows that I cannot get a ladder up safely because of a Conservatory or Porch I have bought an 18 foot extendable pole which I can attach my Moerman Excelerator/Liquidator and Fliq to.

The pole came with a hose which I would like to fit an in line push fit flow tap to for the occasional conservatory roof cleans.
When ordering the flow tap, do I use the internal or external hose measurement?

CleanClear

Re: In line push fit flow tap.
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 06:01:53 pm »
Usually they measure internal diameter (I.D) .
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

Brian Nunn

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 08:47:35 am »
Usually they measure internal diameter (I.D) .

Thank-you.

P @ F

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2017, 08:53:33 am »
If you mean that the tap has a jon guest type female entry then surely it will be outer diameter that you need to look at ?
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Brian Nunn

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2017, 09:10:45 am »
If you mean that the tap has a jon guest type female entry then surely it will be outer diameter that you need to look at ?

Thank-you.
I do not have a local supplier so am looking on an auction site at this type of flow tap.
The tube is not completely spherical but appears to be 6mm ID 8mm OD.

Matt.

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2017, 10:11:46 am »
Hello Brian

Go on gardiners, or window cleaning warehouse web site they will have everything u need at affordable prices.

If u shopping on eBay there's a guy in southport who sells all bits and bobs u would need search for circuit-hydraulics-ltd on eBay.

By the sounds of it u want to stay trad but use a wfp to help out with these hard to reach windows. If I was u I would buy a tds metre and test u main water supply get an idea of wot it would cost for a small diy wfp set up. If the water is ok then a small DI only set up could be set up in ur van to use as and wen.

Brian Nunn

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2017, 10:49:04 am »
Thank-you Matt,

I have just heard back from the seller you mentioned on ebay who advised me which one I need to fit the hose I have.

I was actualy looking at TDS meters last night and will buy one. I do know that I live in a hard water area, East Lincs.

Matt.

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2017, 07:30:55 pm »
Ok, well his name his Richard and he's a nice guy.

He sells a lot more than he advertisers so best to get his number and give him a ring, have a little chat about what u want