cleanimperial

YELL.CO
« on: November 06, 2006, 10:28:00 pm »
Hi does anyone advertise on yell.com if so does it work?

THANKS

FRED

DP

Re: YELL.CO
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2006, 10:56:45 pm »
I have with the paid adds and it was rubbish for me in London yet my biz partner in the Midland did a lot better, with some enquiries from the free add.

All I got was a few domestic calls, despite my add clearly stating COMMERCIAL. I wonder what else I could have paid to put in the add that they wouldn’t have read either!
Everyone seems normal untill you get to know them!

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 07:46:07 am »
we did this waste  of time and money :P yell a load of  :-X :-X :-X :-X
and BT BOOK :P
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

dustdees

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 08:36:05 am »
Hi,

I did and the response was fab, it paid for itself in three weeks. I think I may be a regional thing, not sure

*Chris Browne

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2006, 08:52:03 am »
I too have done better from yell.com than from any other form of advertising.

chris

Prestige1

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2006, 08:57:47 pm »
Its very good especially for builders cleans. You imagine a company out of area, not knowing who can do a builders clean. They just do a search on yell.com, I have cancelled my ads in the book but I keep this add running.
Kind regards Phil
Who Dares Wins

Lesley J

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2006, 10:53:53 pm »
I haved had a yell subscrfiption for 6 months and not had one response from it, would not use it again, and I cannot cancel it so Im not happy.
Lesley Tyrrell

Les

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2006, 07:59:51 pm »
I'll join the side of 'Waste of money'.... :o

I'd tried it before and thought it was a poor return on my money, but I must have been at a low ebb when some persitstent  ::) sales girl kept hassling me until I agreed.

Hardly any calls and we clean pretty much everything so no excuse really.

2 things I've learned though.. ???

1. Don't say 'yes' just because you're too busy to argue.

2. Persitance pays off eventually  ;)

Les

domestic bliss

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2006, 09:37:51 pm »
I have had alot of interest by just having the one line free entry. Infact most of my work has come from yell.com

HQCS (John Kastrian)

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2006, 08:46:12 pm »
Waste of time,but you do get thousands of sales calls trying to get your hard earned cash as yell sell your details on to every parasitic company in the world.
John

Roger Oakley

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2006, 08:47:36 am »
Have to agree with the waste of time side of things, Yellow pages 1-2 jobs did not pay for itself, Yell.com loads of tire kickers, about 2-3 jobs again did not pay for itself. Told Yellow pages/.com that I will not re-new this year, "that's a shame your .com add had 1800 views over the last 10 months" Can I see the figures please "yes we will email them to you" That was a month ago and still waiting. I can see the stats at my end, only ever showed 3 at max looked at my web-site via Yell.com So it's not for me sorry.
Roger

MCL

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2006, 12:45:40 pm »

I would not waste your money, the best form of advertisement is word of mouth. We are advertised in the yellow pages and YELL.COM, honestly, they've both been useless.     

regards Charlene

S_RICHARDSON

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2006, 09:57:32 pm »
We do, no responses as yet but are only on the free listing and have only been registered for a small ammount of time!!

need a cleaner

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2006, 07:18:15 am »
we have a priory advert on yell.com and cant complain as bout first and second jobs paid for it,all in 1 week after the advert gone live,a domestic client for a springclean that now as a regular clean and the second was for a commercial contract.
a few others after that aswell.

Wozza

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2006, 09:51:32 pm »
works well for me and it keeps me local as customers tend to put there postcodes in to find a local person.

Do what I did and test the water...put a free line entry on for 6 months and see how your area goes. !

Nothing lost that way  ;D

cavanagh_matthew@y

« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2006, 05:58:17 pm »
yellow pages is nt very good really, you may get a few calls in a month but that doesnt mean that it results in actuall work. and for the money you oay for a years add its so not worth it. ithis is my first time in it so thought give it ago but wont do it next year, i think its best to spend your money else where im def geting out when it ends next year, find another source of advertising i think.

DP

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2006, 05:14:22 pm »
It seems that a lot of people are shying away from the YP directory, as the last one I received is dramatically only HALF the thickness of previous years.

Needless to say that this could actually be a good thing for those who did advertise (less competition) - or - YP have smply split the directories into more areas as some sort of  sales tactic.
Everyone seems normal untill you get to know them!

chosker

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2006, 05:24:59 pm »
WE HAVE NUMEROUS SPONSORED LISTINGS WITH YELL.COM AND THEY ARE OUR BIGGEST SOURCE OF NEW CLIENTS AND LEADS... IT COSTS A LOT BUT BRINGS IN FAR MORE!
WE GET MORE RESPONSE THROUGH YELL.COM THAN ANY OTHER MARKETTING MEDIUM AND THE THROUGH TRAFFIC FROM YELL ON OUR WEBSITE IS HUGE.

Jan K

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2006, 10:16:00 pm »
ok so some people are saying YP is crap, and some Yell.com is crap and in the past leafleting is crap.........so apart from a really expensive radio or tv ad, what advertising actually does work?

i agree with a dustdees in as much as its a regional thing..........i only advertise in Yellow Pages and a free line entry in Yell.com and (usually) I get a good response :)

getting good cleaners is harder tho :)

Jan K
anyone with facebook can add me at this link ...  jan 'minkeedj' kindon  .... if you can be bothered lol

*Madmary's Cleaning Services

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2007, 03:23:38 pm »
We are based in Northampton and our developers head offices tend to be in the big cities - London, Birmingham etc.
The cost to advertise in two different regions is prohibitive.

We had our 4 colour logo and and contact details put onto three sides of a Vauxhall Combo van for just £225 (inc VAT)!!! Cheaper than YP and lasts longer!

Had some new business from it too, and it is professional to see on site.

We find this, and the direct approach to the site manager and sales team, the best way to get a foot in the door.  If they like you, and you look professional, they will happily point you in the right direction for who to contact with your request to submit a quote (esspecially if they are not happy with their current cleaner!)

Apart from this - do a good job and word of mouth helps a lot.
Site managers move around and they like to keep good people with them!