DP

Yeah I did it
« on: May 02, 2006, 06:31:15 pm »
My post was removed, I guess that means I have joined the ranks of the bad boys, and in true fashion, not a hint of an explanation. Although I do feel sorry for A & J as the last count had the idiot view as the firm leader and now there is no defence.

Well what ever you think of Gary J's opinion, it seems the majority of people agreed with him, so not sure what you would call that other than  "Right" !!!!

Woodman (if that is you out there) well done for pulling the post. I think the boxing ring result of a poll is harsh to say the least, its a shame that topics are allowed to escalate to the point of needing one. But I do realise how difficult it is to moderate all the time.

Keep smiling  ;D ;D ;)
Everyone seems normal untill you get to know them!

Re: Yeah I did it
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2006, 10:18:55 pm »
DP, I am late with my respond, because at first I was waiting to see what results your poll was going to deliver, and then after it was deleted I was waiting to see if there going to be any respond to your current post.

I would like to say that should not have compared my poll regarding CMS, as I posted it after his departure in order to see how popular or not popular he was.  Your poll was supposed to find out how many people would like to offend me.

Do not feel sorry for me…

Have you got the guts to start a poll for your self? :D

garyj

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2006, 10:35:16 pm »
You're the poll king AJ, you start one for YOUR self  ;D ;D

The result couldn't be any worse than the last one  ;D ;D

therapist

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2006, 11:30:33 pm »
Did I miss something ?

rob m

garyj

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2006, 11:43:44 pm »
Yes, yesterday afternoon, there were a lot of bored people on here.
Someone posted a poll, it was enlightening  ::) ;D But not a shock  ;)

It got pulled, and I have to agree it had run its course and was the right decision.

I do object though that another of my posts was pulled because some idiot said it was racist, it clearly wasn't and I am certainly NOT. I have a copy of what I had written if you would like to see it, and please let me know if there was anything wrong with it. Because I am surprised Paul Bruce found it offensive and even more surprised that the mods deleted it, especially without any explanation.

Boston Spa Cleaning Services

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2006, 11:46:25 pm »
i missed it as well can't have been on long.
garry send it to me as well
ian

shelton

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2006, 12:49:02 am »
I saw the post and the poll and can wholeheartedly say I didn't have a problem with either.

It's a sad state of affairs that this Nanny State is driving us to, in my opinion.

garyj

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2006, 01:54:21 am »
The fact is every single immigrant that has work for  me has sent home as much of there wages as they can to help support there families. This is commendable on there part as they are obviously poor, but the reality is Britain cannot possibly sustain millions of pounds leaving  these shores every week.

I also pointed out that 2 new cleaning companies have recently set up in my area, both vans are Polish registered and employ Polish workers only. I cannot compete with there prices as I have overheads they do not have, and never will.
All of the new immigrant workers who worked for me last year also had there tax returned when they got back home.  They have all now returned to the UK!!!

Who else remembers the Polish guy advertising on here last year?  Rates from £5.05p an hour :o :o There is a debate going on right now on this forum where one person is saying that another cannot be running a decent cleaning company because he is charging less than £10 per hour, the £5.05p quote from the Polish chap went unchallenged by all except me.

If any industry is going to fall through cheap immigrant workers its this one first.

How many people can honestly say the cleaning industry is as bouyant as it was last year? Have a look in your local paper and see how many cleaning jobs are now advertised!! Do you quote for as many jobs as you once did?

Art

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2006, 02:46:03 am »
Most of the above, i've found to be true, there's no way you can compete against alot of these people and make any kind of reasonable profit.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2006, 04:44:43 am »
DP.

I reported your post as I think personal attacks are bad for the Forum .

therapist

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2006, 07:33:40 am »
I never saw the ' offending ' post, but the only truly offending and utterly foolish post I've seen on here , was posted by what I regard as a bit of a fool and I said so, at the time.

The post was a direct threat by an individual, to another and indeed from a '' novice '' who is constantly planting little seeds and standing back to watch the ensueing chaos.

I remember cowardly little poops, behaving this way, at Primary school age and they grew into manipulative little sh..s later in life.

On here.......there was a direct threat to find where someone lived and report them to the Inland Revenue.

A t that point I decided to stop replying to any further posts from that individual.

rob m

DP

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2006, 02:03:30 am »
I really didn’t think this thread would get any replies, and it wasn’t posted expecting any, I should have made it more interesting. So I will try to now  ;D

I did see the replies a couple of days back but unlike A&J my delayed response was because I was actually just busy.

The poll was a gathering of other peoples views over the last few weeks and all answers were previous statements made on the forum by others not me, plus a couple of neutral ones to balance it. I am sorry A&J if you didn’t like the results, but I am not responsible for how people voted.

For those of you who thought it was a personal attack, then why would I make the very first option in the poll a good one for A&J - quote " I find A&J helpful" allowing people to express a positive opinion thereby silencing the critics. Its a shame that particular option only got one vote.

I mentioned at the time that this was a poll for A&J and unlike the one he did for CMS, I was posting it before he left.. A&J the comment was meant to be ironic, i.e. it was BETTER to do it while you were still around, so you could either reply to your critics, or revel in your popularity, not wait till after and get some macabre entertainment out of someone else’s demise.

Ian Gourlay:
I am glad that you chose to lay claim to the removal of the poll. However of all the reasons you could have chosen which would have been correct, you apparently made your decision on one which was completely incorrect. We missed the big picture again didn’t we or did we!!

If I wanted to make a personal attack, wouldn’t I have just gone for it, not mucked about with the effort of a poll, which could have gone either way. Perhaps YOU felt uncomfortable with it, seeing how the results were going and chose to USE your position. If you were that offended why didn’t you stop it sooner, you were on or should I ask - "what did you vote", I think there is a word for this!

Lastly with regards to A&J's  school yard challenge. The difference A&J between you and me is I know exactly who I am and what I am. I care nothing about what people think I am on here (CMS had the same problem as you). I have an old saying which goes : "I am my own worst critic, everybody else comes in as a poor second" simply put "you don’t matter" my only interests here relate to one of the following: Benefit, Entertainment,  Contribution (and sometimes) Pity. Friendships are reserved for a special group called Real People, I will let you decide what keeps my interest with you.

I will confess that at the start of A&J’s poll, two of us were going to start a poll on each other for a laugh with nothing but really bad headings, however since Ian Gourlay has enforced his moral opinions (apparently) on everyone it seems A&J and others have missed their chance.  :-[ never mind I will think of something else so A&J can vent, and this time survive intervention until at least the nappies full ;)

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2006, 09:57:03 am »
...Have you got the guts to start a poll for your self?
No, you have not, that is all that matters.

Fox

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2006, 12:55:13 pm »
...Have you got the guts to start a poll for your self?
No, you have not, that is all that matters.

I find you very strange Arthur - why on earth would someone start a poll about themselves?!   ???

DP

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2006, 01:34:59 pm »
Likewise, why do you need me to do one (as silly as that would be)? Guts, nothing needs guts on here, its a cleaning forum!

I would be curious as to what you think a real challenge needs, maybe its a cultural thing or something  :-\   

Although, wouldn’t a poll like that now put someone in a moral/hypocritical dilemma "to complain or not to complain" its almost worth it just to see .  ;D 

« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2006, 05:32:55 pm »
...why on earth would someone start a poll about themselves?!

Because it is the only way for DP to find out whether others think of him the same way as he thinks about others.  If somebody started such poll for him it would be deleted, as it was set in offending manner.

therapist

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2006, 06:10:17 pm »
To the generous and well meaning among you. 
                                                                                                                                    Does anyone else wonder about a hidden agenda, because the number and style of postings from a particularly prolific poster on here, appears to only use enquiries about, methods, equipment, etc, as a vehicle.

The vast ammount of help and good advice that's been offered, has been frequently challenged or even ridiculed.

Thoeretically, the knowledgable have been hugely supportive and helpfull, but it seems to me, that there will be no end to the postings and the information, given freely, may be collated and put to commercial use............

Then again............it's probably me that's getting paranoid...........but maybe not !

Where is Coventry, anyway ?

rob m

Art

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2006, 06:24:51 pm »
Rob,

I must be suffering with paranoia aswell, as i've been having the very same thoughts.
Coventry is nice this time of year  :)

Arthur

DP

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2006, 07:59:22 pm »
A&J, Why would I start a poll to find out  if others think about me the same as I think about them, when I have not made any reference to others, just you, so how would they know what I think about them and why would they care, they are not complaining about me (well only Ian Gourlay and as he got it completely wrong again, his opinion has to be irrelevant).

A&J, What you say makes absolutely no sense whatsoever and I can only agree with the results of the poll.

With respect to the last issue:
To be honest, I am really not sure if there is anything else going on here but stupidity, time will tell but I wouldnt hold your breath.

Come back CMS all is forgiven!!! (well almost)  ;D

Question:
As I was about to buy an upright vacuum,  and some one else recommended Express Cleaning our host, do you think I should qualify for an extra discount, for having my poll removed incorrectly. What do you reckon, should we have another POLL!!  :D  (no not you A&J) and Ian its ok you don’t need to report me, I'm kidding!! (unless I would get a discount or course)  ;) ;D What a bizarre marketing conundrum that would be!

therapist

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2006, 08:13:19 pm »
Some one once suggested to me,

''  Do some one a favour and they'll never  forgive you  ''

Sad, but in many cases, true !

r m