Kenny83

Re: Yes, another topic about my machine
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2013, 04:21:12 pm »
hope you get this sorted mate,
i'm intrigued now,  ;D
what about if you unsrew the unloader so it produces 3000psi when pulling the trigger but then adjust the secondary unloader to try and stop it over pressurising?
Pressure Washing -
www.powerwashcleaning.co.uk

Matt Gibson

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2013, 04:24:00 pm »
The secondary unloader is just a pressure relief valve, to stop the pump/boiler/hoses from bursting.  It just looks like an unloader. Thats set pretty much spot on, so if the system pressures up to about 230bar, the pressure relief valve spits out water until the unloader starts unloading. Ive had a play around with the PRV screw, and it doesnt make much of a difference, but i dont want to wind it up too much otherwise other stuff will start breaking.

I need the machine for this weekend, and a couple of days next week but after that im gonna strip the hawk pump off it and put on a ws201 and see if that changes anything.

Matt Gibson

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2013, 04:27:37 pm »
I hear scotlands nice this time of year mate, you should come up with the Mrs for a break, and call past and have a quick look  ;D

I know its gonna be something stupid, or small that i just havent come across before..

Kenny83

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2013, 04:41:12 pm »
Me too, lol, and I'm too busy for a break at the minute, even though i would love one! I'm leaning towards the unloader being the problem, have you put a new one of those on? also put a .55 jet on mate so you can test it properly, other wise it will be constantly unloading if your running at 1750 rpm, which in itself isn't good. then you want to be looking at achieving around 2850 - 2900 psi as 2900 is actually 200 bar, not 3000 psi, thats 207 bar
so is the unloader new mate?
Pressure Washing -
www.powerwashcleaning.co.uk

Matt Gibson

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2013, 04:56:57 pm »
Yeah mate, i put a new unloader on it. The pump is rated at 1750 rpm, and the machine runs at 1750 rpm so its all set right.

When i put the ws201 on im going to have to knock the revs back a little bit as the 201 is only rated at 1450rpm.

But at the moment, its got a pump that runs 1750rpm, on an engine that runs 1750rpm. A new unloader. new seals. pumps been checked out and everything is tight. the PRV is doing its job. The unloader isnt unloading when the trigger is pulled, and the unloader is working(when i turn it it alters the pressure)

Ive tried 05 and 055 nozzles.