Poll

To be in Yell or not to be in Yell?

To be in Yell
Not to be in Yell
Not Bothered

Jan K

Re: Yellow Pages
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2005, 04:35:03 pm »
i get more than enough work from yell.......
anyone with facebook can add me at this link ...  jan 'minkeedj' kindon  .... if you can be bothered lol

Just a cleaner.

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2005, 04:58:16 pm »
I have made my opinion on this known before.  Use search at the top of the page and search for Yell and Yellow Pages.  There are loads of threads about this already.
When all the trees have been felled, and all the rivers are poisoned, we will dicover that we can't eat money.

Elite (Ben)

« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2005, 05:28:34 pm »
Yellow pages brought me in 23000 of income for a 2500 ad, cant be bad. ;D

1 call from yell.com :(

Ged

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2005, 07:06:16 pm »
thought about it but does anyone from the pressure washing side of things advertise there and is it worthwhile. spent a lot on half baked advertising ideas since start up like paying 600 quid to put business cards in a dispenser at Tesco. one has been taken in the last month and no result also advertised in local trade mag with zero result. local paper weekly ad good results from april to july, sweet F.A.since, door knocking good results and domino effect great when it happens , local business networking generated a bit of interest but followed up with no takers. recommendations , had three or four so far. so reluctant to go for yellow doodahs unless i hear of positive feedback from fellow pressure washer.

ged

STUART

« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2005, 10:36:29 pm »
Hi all,
Intresting to read others opinion about advertising with yell. Another question
i would like to ask is how many of you advertise in business pages and what sort
of feedback you got. We currently have adverts in yellow pages, yell 24/7 & business pages with only yellow pages bringing any work so far.

look forward to your views.

Stuart

blacksheep

« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2005, 09:01:35 am »
hi all,I have put a basic listing in and been my first year wondering, how many of you who gets plenty of work has this listing ,priority advert, or priority plus web site, not sure if its worth paying for web site with pennies been tight  blacksheep

Jan K

« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2005, 11:53:45 am »
i have smallest ad size in yellow pages (gonna keep it the same for next year too)  had basic listing with yell last year, but am having enhanced listing plus link to my website this year. I have to say that this last wek I have take on 6 new customers (that is the most in one week I have ever taken on)....usually it is that amount over 2 - 3 weeks!!!

I only advertise with Yell/Yellow Pages (although having said that 1 of the above customers was a referral)
anyone with facebook can add me at this link ...  jan 'minkeedj' kindon  .... if you can be bothered lol

Prestige1

« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2005, 06:29:08 pm »
Thanks for your replys, I have kept my link on yell.com cost me £350 I have done this because I have gained lots of new builds cleans and more business from this then the book? I am still undesided may reduce add again and keep it in? not sure?
Kind regards Phil
Who Dares Wins

preston powerblast

« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2005, 09:03:38 pm »
I have 2 adds in yellow pages 800 quid later, total calls four, total jobs one.
A lot of my work now comes in via word of mouth.
I get a lot of personal recommendations, due to my my high standards and a fair price.

martin19842

« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2005, 12:06:57 am »
hi there,

got another call today yellow pages, carpet clean,  goingto have a look tomorrow afternoon, so great

reagards

martin