john martin

How do you get the black dirt of the pores of these
« on: October 31, 2015, 08:34:27 pm »
  cursed tiles    :)

Radek Jablonski

Re: How do you get the black dirt of the pores of these
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2015, 08:39:13 pm »
Have you access to spinner? Brendan from chem2clean has one. As you in dublin is it?

If not too deep then maybe melamine pad would do it.

john martin

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2015, 08:44:02 pm »
would that work Radek , high pressure and spinner .  I tried some stripper and a pad thinking the dirt would dissolve ...  but no ,  nothing . Not even scrubbing it with a hard bristle hand brush made any difference .

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2015, 09:12:38 pm »
It should.
First prespray, agitate with crb as better than rotary here, leave to dwell and spinner should work. May not be enough only one go.
If grout will take, then go higher pressure than normal 1000-1500psi

Tadgh O Shea

Re: How do you get the black dirt of the pores of these New
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2015, 09:25:20 pm »
  cursed tiles    :)

NuFloor which is based on metabolic chemistry and cleans at the molecular level diluted at 30-1 and left to dwell for 3 minutes will get right into the ingrained soils in those tiny pores, then scrub with a damp microcleaning floor pad and they will be back like new, NuFloor is also very effective for deep cleaning grout lines. Tadgh

john martin

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2015, 09:38:26 pm »
Thankyou Tadgh , id like to believe that would work too   :)

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2015, 09:49:30 pm »
Thankyou Tadgh , id like to believe that would work too   :)
No prob John, we have tackled many of those problem tiles and sorted them with ease, its all about having the right cleaning solutions and pads.

john martin

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2015, 09:56:36 pm »
I dont know Tadgh ,  i had a few products dwelling on this  , i scrubbed butyl glycol in almost neat with a stiff brush with my full body weight  , ... nothing !   that kinda tells me this is not your average dirt , its like its solidified or something .
Its a Gym  shower room toilet area .

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2015, 10:11:10 pm »
I dont know Tadgh ,  i had a few products dwelling on this  , i scrubbed butyl glycol in almost neat with a stiff brush with my full body weight  , ... nothing !   that kinda tells me this is not your average dirt , its like its solidified or something .
Its a Gym  shower room toilet area .
  Yes John the soils have been ground into the tiny pores from the continuous use of harsh and aggressive chemicals, i have said it on here many times that i should be one of the last people to knock the use of high alkaline based cleaning chemicals as they generate so much deep cleaning work for our solutions and pads.

john martin

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2015, 10:29:05 pm »
cubicle  :)

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2015, 10:44:22 pm »
cubicle  :)

Yes indeed come across these same problems all the time, if you look at the tiles John on the picture we use on our banner advert on the top of the hard floor cleaning section of CIU, they were also taken in a washroom where the janitor was mopping them on a daily basis with cotton string mops( one of the most useless cleaning tools used within the cleaning industry) and a heavy duty kitchen degreaser which is produced by one of the largest manufacturers of cleaning chemicals in the world who i won't name and shame (but yes of course this heavy duty kitchen degreaser is derived from high alkaline based ingredients) when we showed them how to deep clean the tiles and grout lines properly they were just blown away with the results, its hard to see the cleaned grout lines on the banner add but i can email you on the blown up version if you would like to see it up close. Tadgh

john martin

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2015, 10:58:38 pm »
Thats great and im sure if the staff were using your neutral cleaner from day one the floor would look better ... but what about reversing the damage now .  Surely it would take a bit more that 3mins dwell of your tile cleaner and a wipe .  ??

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2015, 11:03:01 pm »
Thats great and im sure if the staff were using your neutral cleaner from day one the floor would look better ... but what about reversing the damage now .  Surely it would take a bit more that 3mins dwell of your tile cleaner and a wipe .  ??
Yes John 3 minutes dwell time and then agitate with a microcleaning floor pad, i will be honest and admit that it might require a second or even a third application to achieve the required results.

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2015, 01:06:48 am »
Hi John, just to confirm and being honest again i never said that NuFloor was pH neutral, you need a cleaning solution that has some bite to breakdown heavily ingrained soils from tile surfaces and grout lines. Tadgh

john martin

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2015, 08:47:19 pm »
anyone else any advice ?  high pressure spinner ...  could u just power wash these ?
It will just be advice for the next guy , really .   If theyd cleaned i would have taken on this job , there is a large leisure center area in Marmoleum to be cleaned and waxed so it would have paid well enough but they would want the game machines moved and its a night job which will only screw up the next day anyway so im gonna pass.

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2015, 09:08:13 pm »
anyone else any advice ?  high pressure spinner ...  could u just power wash these ?
It will just be advice for the next guy , really .   If theyd cleaned i would have taken on this job , there is a large leisure center area in Marmoleum to be cleaned and waxed so it would have paid well enough but they would want the game machines moved and its a night job which will only screw up the next day anyway so im gonna pass.
Hi John, from experience a high pressure spinner will do SFA when the soils are that impacted into the tiny pores, also to share as i am sure guys are sick of me rambling on about the detrimental damage caused to surfaces from the continuous use of high alkaline based cleaning chemicals, i would just like to share that yes of course they have uses when it comes to deep cleaning different types of surfaces on one off cleans but of course need to be neutralized properly afterwards, but i will always stand over my point when i say its the continuous use of high alkaline based cleaning chemicals that will cause detrimental damage to surfaces and i am sure that i am not the only person on this forum who knows this to be fact. Tadgh