Neil Grainger

Re: Cold Water or Hot Water Cleaning
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2007, 10:33:37 am »
My Question was to find out information, but I did not post on Ctalk because well you cant be negative or question certain idea's can you.

I wanted coments from people like Doug Holloway who knows what he is talking about when it comes to the Chemistry of this industry.

Doug Holloway

« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2007, 05:08:12 pm »
Hi Guys

I do think it is very important that we appreciate our customers are not stupid and in fact especially the women and some modern men, will know a fair bit about cleaning.

They will know from experience the difference heat makes in the cleaning process and us so called experts have to be vary careful if we go against accepted wisdom.

It is equally important that newer CC's are not confused by marketing spin being put forward as science, an experienced CC like Ken can achieve good results with a whole manner of different chems and processes but for the less experienced heat is very important in achieving a quality result.

Over the past few years I have cleaned quite a few suites for new CC's who didn't fancy them or had  poor results in the past. When speaking to them it was apparent they were worried about using hot water which is why they were getting poor results.

There are many different suppliers of chems and machines and all have their own angles and marketing but I believe a CC forum should cut through the spin and be more science based so that we build knowledge of what is going on , thereby allowing us to make informed decisions.

Knowledge is power.

Cheers

Doug

*Keith Richards

« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2007, 06:19:32 pm »
Can one of the experts confirm something for me then please. 

Is what you are saying then, is that it is impossible to clean using cold water and achieve a result equal to that of hot water cleaning?

lands

« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2007, 06:22:20 pm »
not impossible Keith (as Ken Wainrights thread suggests) just more difficult.

Kinver_Clean

« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2007, 06:35:58 pm »
It depends whether you use detergent-in -the -tank or microsplitter-plain-water-rinse systems.

Trevor
God must love stupid people---He made so many.

*paul_moss

« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2007, 07:20:23 pm »
Keith you can certainly clean with cold water,but to a standard.
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

Megannes

Megannes