0 (0%)
Orbital mentioned in the post selling backup kit

0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

James hocking

Orbital vs rotary
« on: April 21, 2023, 04:03:32 pm »
Hiya all,

I don't get many commercial jobs in but recently did one last Saturday.

200 square meters over 2 floors with a typical 2 part staircase with small landings.

Typical blue poly carpet tiles, vacuumed sebo bs36, tm3 with a little spray of shockwave in the traffic areas, then encaped with my Victor sprite 300 and cleanfix for smaller areas using hydro 202.

Looked good, but was a little back-breaking due to having small rotary.

So looking at a bigger rotary or op machine

Now funds are tight and i cant afford a big wheels down obital like a orbot vibe, excelsior43 etc, I can buy a 2nd hand 175 rotary for a couple of hundred quid.

But one big orbital I can afford if I start selling things is the karcher bds43 / orbita with

spray.

https://www.kaercher.com/uk/professional/floor-scrubbers-scrubber-dryers/single-disc-machines/bds-43-orbital-c-spray-12912530.html?utm_source=google-feed&utm_medium=cpc&utm_content=12912530&utm_name=BDS%2043%2F%20Orbital%20C%20Spray&cid=ps_ggl_performance_max&gclid=CjwKCAjw6IiiBhAOEiwALNqncaSpq7Ot7KmL-PaT9jhxkYBxAXdkbRbpLTltFi3rul6TxbdxDLDPxhoCVbIQAvD_BwE

Now karcher due to the puzzi is not a name that gets recommended in carpet cleaning, but this mc is thr same as the truvox op and sprintas HD orbitals but cheaper and looks like a OK deal?

Better than a 175?  :-\ ....is it worth selling my backup gear to buy one or pick up a 2nd hand numatic/victor/taski lowspeed?

Tia! James

Steve_Knight

Re: Orbital vs rotary
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2023, 09:16:22 am »
Hi James
I have an Orbot SprayBorg if you’re interested?

James hocking

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2023, 09:48:47 am »
Hiya Steve,

Depends on what you want for it?

I haven't got any commercial work planned so in no rush, that's why minimal investment might be better.

Cheers,

James.hocking@tecraclean.com

Darran Pryce

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2023, 04:57:41 pm »
Just get a good weighted 17" rotary with tank. I have a few, and the one I love to use is the cheapest of the two.  Its heavy which is better for encap. New around £800 secondhand around £3-400 Slow speed too. Had mine 5 years and still going strong.  Came with brush and drive board. Viper.

James hocking

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2023, 05:10:22 pm »
Thanks Darren, I just subscribed Tom your YouTube channel!

Just been watching the viper, I visited the karcher showroom but they did not have the orbital on show but they can get one in in 3-4 days.

They also do a 150rpm rotary which looks nice, and it's cheap.

I wouldn't mind buying new and I live close to the showroom so the 12 month back to base warranty would be good.

https://www.kaercher.com/uk/professional/floor-scrubbers-scrubber-dryers/single-disc-machines/bds-43-150-c-classic-12912430.html

Might be better.

Steve_Knight

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2023, 03:19:05 pm »
Hi James

Sorry for the late reply Ive been away.

I was looking for £1000.

Thanks Steve

Darran Pryce

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2023, 06:04:50 pm »
Make sure you buy one with a feed tank.  It's so much quicker than pre spraying.  Even more so if the floor area is huge.

James hocking

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2023, 08:59:07 pm »
Thanks Steve, your orbital is worth the money but I bought a 2nd hand taski 238 for £80.

No tank unfortunately but its good condition.

It doesn't matter as I have no commercial work in as yet, struggling to get my foot in the door to places!

Time will tell on this one if I need to carry on with going for a bigger machine or if commercial work is just going to be a small part moving forward.

Narjis

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2023, 08:32:39 pm »
It doesn't matter as I have no commercial work in as yet, struggling to get my foot in the door to places!

Narjis

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2023, 08:35:40 pm »
Some good cleaning services can help to get ride of this