Craig00

How do i start New
« on: January 26, 2009, 02:43:25 pm »
Hi people im recently out of work and have wanted to be my own boss and work as and when i choose, im looking to start a window cleaning round, and am wondering how or what it is i should do first. Im at a loss i have an idea . but dont want to run before ive lernt to walk. can any one tell me what it is i should be soing first second and 3rd lol would be a great help as i want to do this properly and well. thanks  craig       

Update

Well to reply to you all, i havent realy been given anything to feed on, sounds like a couple of you are loosing faith, where i am has joe bloggs running round doing windows, we had a guy nock the door today 3 bed house £7.50, id have charged £8. but then what do i know ive read many forums and they all point to it being a realy good thing to do, as ive read many times you only get back what you put in, im happy to go out and do 9 to 5 7 days a week iff it gets me where i can eventuly sit comfortable, ye im convinced having read all that i have that i can do it and do it well, i like many are recently out of work, and cant no matter how hard i look at tho mo find anything so im here asking iff anyone can tell me what i need to do to start up, i know the area needs RELIABLE cleaners , the estates are all moaning for one , like ye he come a few times but blah blah blah, i want to do this what do i do. and please dont offer any more alternative work, somone said that everyone is doing it, in here id agree, but out there,,,,,,   thanks    i try to think positive lol

tomy jackson

Re: How do i start
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 04:17:06 pm »
get a carpet cleaner as evry one doing windows

ZaNo

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 04:50:49 pm »
Yes this business has been approached by hundereds if not thousands of new people wanting to become a window cleaner, it will be extremely hard for you now, You should probably take a look around during the days of the week and see how many cleaners you spot.

peter holley

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 05:04:16 pm »
where are u based craig?

SteveAllan

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 05:20:08 pm »
I have also just started and picked up a couple more today (£7 houses), do ya think im wasting my time then in this current climate guys?

ZaNo

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2009, 05:28:17 pm »
Well if your picking up work then you must be doing something right!

tomy jackson

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2009, 05:50:46 pm »
its a long slog to get a good rond going