RSWindows

I Can See - Again!
« on: January 24, 2009, 09:43:39 pm »
Got my eye op yesterday, went back into hospital this morning for a 24hr check-up. Doc says 100% Sucess but swelling and pain is a bit hard to handle most of the time however the pain can be controlled by drugs etc but the most painfull part is that my 1 year old son is terrified of me and panics anytime he sees me and bursts into tears.

Been told to take at least 4 weeks off work but that aint gonna happen, need the pennies to pay the bills.
Just thaught id come downstairs and give you an update.

How did the other dude get on who went in for a hernia operation get on?

The being awake bit wasnt quite as bad as i thaught as the surgical lamps kinda blinded me and they covered up my working eye. They had to go in a little deeper than normal so the cut was much bigger and as such they needed to stitch my eyeball afterwards and thats causing the most irritation. But all-in-all it needed done as i was 90% blind in that eye and within the next 4 weeks my sight should improve to 6.6 which is the numbers for 100% vision.

At first i was thinking why it wasnt possible for people who wanted things like lazer surgery and stuff to opt for this surgery as they suck out the lens of your eye from inside with a amall surgical hoover and replace it with an artificial implant that gives, as stated above, 100% vision. But this was yesterday i was thinking this and now the pain has set-in i know why lazer surgery is best and then i asked how much this op would cost to go private and it was £9500 per eye  :o

Guy with the hernia....let me know how u got on!

Jeff Brimble

Re: I Can See - Again!
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 10:00:11 pm »
Absolutely fantastic news.

tomy jackson

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2009, 10:09:24 pm »
glad your ok but thay do ofer this i bin ofered this as my site is just out side of lazer , i dident bother i wood only concider it if it wos only way to see , as i can see well with veryfocals

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2009, 12:10:20 am »
Glad to hear all went well, Matt seems to be on the mend little more quite than I thought he would be but maybe buildinmg up to it.

how old is your little one ? if hes old enough maybe get your missus to wear make-up in house at get him to do same some it can turn into a game, just a thought.

Hope you feel better soon and little one stops being scared.

Ian

RSWindows

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2009, 05:15:59 pm »
Thats good Matt is on the mend also.

my son callum is 15 months old, took the bandages off today and got to spend some time with him, so all good : )

trike

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2009, 09:42:19 pm »
Got my eye op yesterday, went back into hospital this morning for a 24hr check-up. Doc says 100% Sucess but swelling and pain is a bit hard to handle most of the time however the pain can be controlled by drugs etc but the most painfull part is that my 1 year old son is terrified of me and panics anytime he sees me and bursts into tears.

Been told to take at least 4 weeks off work but that aint gonna happen, need the pennies to pay the bills.
Just thaught id come downstairs and give you an update.

How did the other dude get on who went in for a hernia operation get on?

The being awake bit wasnt quite as bad as i thaught as the surgical lamps kinda blinded me and they covered up my working eye. They had to go in a little deeper than normal so the cut was much bigger and as such they needed to stitch my eyeball afterwards and thats causing the most irritation. But all-in-all it needed done as i was 90% blind in that eye and within the next 4 weeks my sight should improve to 6.6 which is the numbers for 100% vision.

At first i was thinking why it wasnt possible for people who wanted things like lazer surgery and stuff to opt for this surgery as they suck out the lens of your eye from inside with a amall surgical hoover and replace it with an artificial implant that gives, as stated above, 100% vision. But this was yesterday i was thinking this and now the pain has set-in i know why lazer surgery is best and then i asked how much this op would cost to go private and it was £9500 per eye  :o

Guy with the hernia....let me know how u got on!
im compleatly blind in one eye,congragulations on your operation,take docs advice and take the time off,they have saved your sight,i know you need the cash,carnt someone stand in for you for a while,thats a hell of a cost if you damadge your sight again

Paul Coleman

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2009, 05:32:32 pm »
I'm pleased to hear that you are on the mend.  I'm nearly blind in one eye myself and it isn't correctable (retina is fused or something).  It happened when I was maybe 12 or 14 and I don't even know how it happened.
Had to smile when I read your post.  That scene from "The Life of Brian" flashed in front of me when the formerly blind man was celebrating being able to see again and fell down a hole   ;D .