Griffus

Betco Applicator + Vinyl Question
« on: March 06, 2012, 09:27:42 pm »
Anyone here use this?

http://www.betco.com/FloorCare/Pages/Finishes.aspx?ProdDispGrp=333

I have seen one post talking about this and the guy praises it highly.

Does seem a bit pricey and I think you have to use their own range of finishes. That said if it is better than just good then must be worth a punt.

I currently use a flat microfibre to apply finish but would like a more consistant and hassle free way of getting the liquid down.

On a related matter, is it possible to improve the look of an emulsion finish on vinyl where lines can be seen from where applied with a mop.
We've been asked to quote on a strip and reseal of just over 100 square metres by a new customer. I am told that this has been down less than a month. Overall it's not too bad so I'm hoping that this can be buffed / burnished down and then just have a top coat of finish applied. This would save both time and mess and I could quote a bit less too.

Thanks

Jamie Pearson

Re: Betco Applicator + Vinyl Question
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 01:02:23 am »
You can use a 3m SPP pad to buff it down using a rotary with vac unit or wet scrub with cold water and same to cut back wet and vac off. No need for stripper and all that mess.

Depending on how bad it is you should also consider a medium grade diamond floor pad. I use the KGS ones for this as they aren't as aggressive as the SPPs.

After this lay down one coat of new finish.

A quick buff afterwords will help meld it all together.  Use either a red or blue pad depEnding on how much heat you need to generate then stick your final coat on.

If you have trouble sourcing the pads let me know.

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 01:04:23 am »
With regard to the applicator system it is more hassle than its worth.

I used them when 3M first brought them to uk.

A pouring spout on your finish bottle and someone laying a line down for you as you pull it along the floor is fastest method.

Watch some wood sports hall floor coating vids on YouTube for the technique.

Griffus

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 05:10:55 pm »
Hi CSUK

Thanks for your replies, very helpful and informative. Pretty much what I thought with the Betco Applicator, but glad I asked.

As for the Pads that you recommend, I have no idea where best to source. I've had problems sourcing 3M in the past. Can you recommend a supplier, also for the KGS ones.

Whilst I've got you, you seem very switched on with floor sealing. Is there a particular range of stripping / sealing products that you would recommend for various surfaces? I have only ever used Evans' and Prochem products.

One final question, are there any training courses that you'd recommend. I'm in the process of talking with the tech dept's of a couple of manufacturers via mutual contacts but any recommendations would be very welcome.

Thanks for you help.

Ian

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 05:35:00 pm »
Hi Ian,

I can help you with all of the points raised.

Can you give me a call in the office tomorrow when you have a chance 01334656787

I have worked with most of the flooring manufacturers solving maintenance related problems .

Regards,
Jamie.

This project we worked on might interest you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMYHS9tfMhs

Griffus

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 06:32:46 pm »
Will do, thanks again

Ian

Scotbrite

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2012, 11:33:23 am »
Hi,
I have used the Betco system for a number of years now & find it to be VERY good. In comparison to the old method of pouring a line of polish & mopping the Betco idea is much much more economical with polish & gives a very flat mark free finish. I would use it by choice all the time. To add, i have no connection or interest in Betco except as a user,
Cheers,
Ron

craignozza

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2012, 09:20:17 pm »
We use these to apply sealer/polish to vinyl there brilliant  ;)

http://www.amtechuk.co.uk/shop/24__Flat_Finish_Mop_Head_Polish_Applicator-pid-261.html