ronnie paton

new rubber leaving a glaze
« on: November 20, 2009, 08:54:13 pm »
everytime i buy new rubber it leaves a glaze for sone reason but it bever used to, it seems to take a while before it stops leaving a glaze which means you have to wipes up lots.

any one know why???

jonnyald

Re: new rubber leaving a glaze
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009, 09:08:31 pm »
i read on here that some rubber iS now dipped in silicone to keep it fresh .   i think this is true because my rubber looks shiny when i get it (SYR ) 

krave

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2009, 09:23:24 pm »
As in a slight film left after some strokes of the windows, goes after a second stroke? Excuse the sound of the sentance, but if so, it annoys me, and I only ever see it happen in winter.

ronnie paton

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 09:32:25 pm »
no been happening for a while, unger 3 star pulex hard and soft and happens with all when new but when worn in ok......very strange and very annoying

Terry Bullock

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2009, 11:09:58 am »
Recently bought some new pulex rubber, and the squeegees seem to miss slightly on the first horizontal stroke.  I mean, I start at bottom-left of window, go up to top then across to top-right, then down (or in a little pattern, depending on width of pane). 
Thought the squeegees were getting old, and maybe the channels were slightly out of true, so bought some new pulex squeegees with rubber -- same thing!
anyone else getting this?

GWCS

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2009, 12:16:13 pm »
I read somewhere that the rubber goes off if not stored properly (air tight containers)

so perhaps the exterior rubber has gone off when being stored by suppliers?

Jason Atwell

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2009, 01:09:06 pm »
I always just put it down to them being stored in powder, to keep them 'good'.
Goes pretty quick though, you can wash your rubber before you use it, this helps
jason
Fleetwood Window Cleaning Services

Window Washers

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2009, 02:15:08 pm »
Recently bought some new pulex rubber, and the squeegees seem to miss slightly on the first horizontal stroke.  I mean, I start at bottom-left of window, go up to top then across to top-right, then down (or in a little pattern, depending on width of pane). 
Thought the squeegees were getting old, and maybe the channels were slightly out of true, so bought some new pulex squeegees with rubber -- same thing!
anyone else getting this?
yes happening to us also ??? using unger channels
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)