capella

NEW STARTER
« on: January 01, 2007, 04:17:29 pm »
Hi ALL,

HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone! :)

i am just starting up in the carpet cleaning business. this is a very hard task for me as i dont know much about it. neither have i ever had my own bussiness, and neither do i know much about carpet cleaning, i have this vision of me going into my first job and the carpet shrinking afterwards  :'( !!!!! can anyone give me advice on what is the best kind of machine for a new starter, i have seen the prochem powermax it seems pretty good to me but i would appreciate some advice from the experts :D. also any other advice would be gratefully taken.

thanx Riz  :)

JS2

Re: NEW STARTER
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 08:51:07 pm »
Investigate machines offering a good vacuum lift (not to mention air flow rate) in order to effectively extract much of the solution pumped into the carpet , therefore leaving it substantially dry.  In fact, spend a little time researching this site.  Prochem, Extracta, Ashbys and other popular machine manufacturers always specify the "Water Lift" in inches to guide you here.  Watch the weight of the machine however, some machines are very heavy (bad back!!).  Also, do book onto a Training Course where the instructors will guide you through the various processes and discuss the common problems.

Regards

Pete (JS2)