C.C.S.

electric reels
« on: October 03, 2017, 08:39:21 pm »
Hi.I've been meaning to upgrade my reels for a while since I've seen a few on other fellow window cleaners ;) .I have 2 and been looking at the new purefreedom ones :    http://purefreedom.co.uk/basket/          http://purefreedom.co.uk/product/pure-freedom-reelmaster-electric-hose-reel/
They look good but damn , they are pricey .The price doesn't even include the hose .I'll hold on for now maybe they'll come down in price eventually plus I'd like to see some feedback as well

p1w1

Re: electric reels
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 08:53:56 pm »
Hi CCS yes the electric reels are expensive but they are definitely worth it and will last for years, i can't really see them coming down in price for a long time. Although i havent got the pure freedom one the waterworks one i showed you the other day are a good piece of kit and a bit cheaper.
Finally ordered the new Doblo today just have to wait 18 weeks for it  :'( thanks again tho for showing me your van.

P @ F

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 08:59:07 pm »
The first and only , what a crock of poop , is the motor made in the UK , i doubt it , You would have to be short of a few bob to take that in , hit the market way too late and way too big a price tag , they will no doubt get buyers , not me though , i think it looks like Lego , if you are gonna price like that at least make it look nice !
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Plankton

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 09:09:36 pm »
It's got a bit of an early industrial look about it!
The power up reel is cheaper and looks better but your restricted to 100m of 6mm hose or you'll need to loose around 15-20m off the 8mm
http://www.windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/powerup-hd.html

STEVE-UK

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2017, 03:48:56 pm »
I have the Powerup reel which is great, could never go back to a manual reel,

However I would upgrade to a newer electric reel if it could swivel, so could be used from rear or side door
also a self feeding hose like as found on the Hoselock reels

C.C.S.

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2017, 07:20:46 pm »
Hi CCS yes the electric reels are expensive but they are definitely worth it and will last for years, i can't really see them coming down in price for a long time. Although i havent got the pure freedom one the waterworks one i showed you the other day are a good piece of kit and a bit cheaper.
Finally ordered the new Doblo today just have to wait 18 weeks for it  :'( thanks again tho for showing me your van.
Hi. having looked at your reel closer it definitely made me think more about getting it. Thanks for showing it to me.
Good luck with your new van and  hope it everything goes well.

NWH

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2017, 06:35:52 pm »
Well worth the money anything no matter how big or small for work that makes your working day easier has got to be worth it IMO always has been.

P @ F

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2017, 06:51:20 pm »
Gotta say , i was actually having kittens today at the thought that i might have to bolt the handle back on .
I dont have an off the shelf reel , i just use an 18 volt drill connected to my system battery , it copes just fine as i use Gardiner green as main hose , i did think the drill was on the way out but it was only a loose croc clip (Phew)  ;D

NWH

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2017, 05:45:45 pm »
Just buy a waterworks HD m8 well worth the money as I keep saying the 1st one they did was no good for hot water but the HD is a great bit of kit.

P @ F

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2017, 08:02:06 pm »
Just buy a waterworks HD m8 well worth the money as I keep saying the 1st one they did was no good for hot water but the HD is a great bit of kit.

I would like to , but until the drill dies or i decide that the Gardiner green is unviable then it will do , i wont get caught out as i carry the old handle and use a petal reel so its one bolt to convert back to manual in the event of drill death  ;D , and lets face it , crankin in 100 m of pole hose is not going to break me , i dont like the idea but i will manage cos i am a MAN  ;D