paul alan

rinsing on
« on: October 04, 2017, 09:45:57 pm »
Have been experimenting of late with different rinsing techniques and going back later on to see whats effective.

have found with rinsing on if skipping the top frame(cos it just doesn't need doing) that I get spotting in the top corners of the glass pane.

So today I have been rinsing on, skipping the top frame(where possible) but I have been pushing the brush over the side of the frame when getting to the corner so as to get the jet into the corner of the frame and it seems to remedy the problem for me.Also leaving the jet in the corner for a second so as to give more rinse. And if I feel that's not enough on some windows I will briefly lift off after rinsing on and jetting the corners to rinse any spots that look like they might cling to the glass and possibly dry visible.

will be doing this with the fan jets soon too.

P @ F

Re: rinsing on
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 10:21:22 pm »
I have found that just washing the whole window , frame and glass every time is the best way , do the frame and glass then finish the agitation at the top of pane, lift off go left and right once then move on .
No matter what your way is , surely if you skip the top frame on any clean you are kind of inviting spotting , why not just spend those extra few seconds per window and walk away safely knowing all will be good .
You are in fact saving 20 seconds per average 3 bedder , but in reality are opening the door to a possible cancelation due to the fact that WFP does not work as well , why would you risk that to shave 15 minutes off the day ?
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

nathankaye

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 11:28:30 pm »
I know many are not keen on Perry from reach it, but he did a video on how to tell whats gone wrong by where//how the windows have spots on!!
Its worth a watch!! (Sorry its a while since I've watched it so not sure on title or link for you guys)
But certainly if your scrubbing the window with the whole brush, then its obvious that the rinse needs to cover the same area too.
Thats half the problem with pencil jets as they are normally set in by at least (min) an inch or more surely. Also that top line directly below the top frame is all important to stop most spottings from happening.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

paul alan

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2017, 07:23:20 am »
i get where you guys are coming from but some top frames are very narrow and close to the render or whatevers above.

the downs aint a problem but some ups where there is only a small bit of frame to clean and your getting realy close to having problems from above it.

then I'm questioning whats best to do? in some situations cleaning the top frame could cause more problems than it cures.

nathankaye

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2017, 09:18:55 am »
i get where you guys are coming from but some top frames are very narrow and close to the render or whatevers above.

the downs aint a problem but some ups where there is only a small bit of frame to clean and your getting realy close to having problems from above it.

then I'm questioning whats best to do? in some situations cleaning the top frame could cause more problems than it cures.

I agree with you.
Once ive done the initial first clean, i only clean the tip frame as n when its needed.
But you will get spotting regardless if the jets dont rinse everywhere where youve been scrubbing
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Tony dunmall

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2017, 04:50:09 pm »
I clean the whole frame above every time and window rinsing on glass for well over 10 years now

To fair if I'm by myself working water flow is very high about 55/60

When me and daughter together it's 45 still rinse on

I may if patio doors very dirty lift to get good flow going

jonny thompson

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2017, 05:16:02 pm »
Hi would you stay clear of the top frames if the window had the big old rubber seals, or do you just scrub the top frame and seals and leave to drip from rubber seals

Shrek

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2017, 05:39:04 pm »
I think, you can get a bit OCD with this....... how do the guys who do 'one pass' cope?

Tony dunmall

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2017, 06:26:26 pm »
Always clean above  each window with flow on unless its the wooden variety that have two oval or rectangular open holes for air vents

But not many of those in my round

if it looks like it willl run with dirt line then I'll squeeze hose off and wipe across top of glass with brush Cathie get too frame and then carry on with flow on

To be honest after these many of years years , I don't pay too much attention to what i'm doing as it's second nature just glancing and keeping an eye on way the water runs and for other marks on frames or glass

It's way over 20 years now with wfp, too long in my opinion

P @ F

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2017, 08:48:16 pm »
Always clean above  each window with flow on unless its the wooden variety that have two oval or rectangular open holes for air vents

if it looks like it willl run with dirt line then I'll squeeze hose off and wipe across top of glass with brush Cathie get too frame and then carry on with flow on

To be honest after these many of years years , I don't pay too much attention to what i'm doing as it's second nature just glancing and keeping an eye on way the water runs and for other marks on frames or glass

Whos Cathie and  how long is a  years years  ;D ;D ;D

paul alan

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2017, 09:34:28 pm »

Whos Cathie and  how long is a  years years  ;D ;D ;D
"I don't pay too much attention to what I'm doing"

that explains it!

P @ F

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2017, 09:38:33 pm »
I reckon hes got his head in the footie , or it was pre match beer  ;D

NWH

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2017, 11:48:14 am »
I find the best method is to tilt the brush down one side of the window when it’s cleaned,it’s the same almost as rinsing on there’s no strain on you the side of the window is taking the weight of the pole. If you rinse on with a good flow of water the little tiny bits that are left won’t be there when it’s dried off.