cleanworld

Health and Safety Policy
« on: June 30, 2005, 11:07:51 pm »
Hello there!

I'm drafting a health and safety policy for my new cleaning company.  Does anyone have one I could take a look at for reference?

Thanks,

Office Fresh

KL Cleaning

Re: Health and Safety Policy
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2005, 10:12:13 pm »
Just joined the forum did you get a H & S policy to look at if not let me know

Xtreme Clean UK

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2005, 12:40:06 pm »
I am too looking at developing H&S policy for workers in the field. Can anyone advise?

Thanks,

Gary / Lisa

Art

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2005, 09:16:22 pm »
If you fill out your profile you might get a better response  ;D That's what i was told to do when i first came on here and it worked

birdsofafeather

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2005, 09:05:56 pm »
Hi

I am looking to set up a contract cleaning company and I am looking for some help on a Health and Safety Policy

Please help

Becky

magridley

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2005, 10:05:24 pm »
Enclose is my health and safety statement I also have risk assessments for each task that we carry out but dont know how to attach them on here

‘M B Cleaning’
 Health and Safety Statement

It is the policy of ‘M B Cleaning’ to conduct all business activities in a responsible manner, free from recognized hazards; to respect the environment, health and safety of our employees, customers, suppliers, partners and community neighbours; to foster the sustainable use of the earth’s resources; and to comply with current environmental legislation, health and safety laws and regulations. In addition, we commit to continuous improvement in our environmental, health and safety management systems, pollution prevention practices and safety programmes.

·   Ensure that all equipment is serviced and well maintained

·   Provide safe arrangement for the use and handling of storage and transport of articles and substances

·   Maintain a safe place of work with safe access and exit routes, also to provide signage where necessary

·   Ensure that all operating procedures are safe

·   To ensure that all training and instructions are updated

·   To provide a first aid box

·   To provide protective clothing where necessary

Risk Assessment Form

Assessors    Mark Gridley / Garry Oakley
Location     M B Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning
Activity     Carpets – Wet Cleaning
Significant Hazards   Persons Affected   Existing Controls   Risk Rating  L/M/H   Additional Controls Required   Action By & Date
Irritation to skin caused by contact with chemicals.Scalds from water being too hot.Injury from slips and fallsBack injury due to movement of furniture   OperativeOperativeAllOperative   Operative to wear rubber gloves (operatives with a latex allergy will be issued with an alternative type of glove). Operative to be inducted in Manufacturers instructions for use.Adherence to COSHH assessments.Mix hot and cold water and test before use.Safety signs to be erectedOperative to be aware of ‘Manual Handling Risk Assessment’Operatives to work in pairs when moving furniture.Operatives to be trained in correct manual handling techniques.   LLLM   NoneNoneNoneNone   

Print Name   Position   Signature   Date   Review Date
Risk Assessor      Proprietor      13/3/05   13/3/06

The risk assessment form has not come out well on here plus i have about 40 of them 1 for each task. I would have attach them on but there is no clear button for attaching things, sorry.  I hope this helps a bit

www.mbcarpetcleaning.com - Full Member NCCA - Eco-Friendly Cleaning Company

Phoenix

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2005, 03:38:27 pm »
This is my Health & Safety Policy Statement.

I, (YOUR NAME), Managing Director of (COMPANY NAME), am committed to providing and maintaining safe and healthy working conditions for all Company employees and casual labour working on our behalf.  This commitment extends to ensuring the health and safety and welfare of other people affected by the work we carry out, such as our customers and members of the public.

Whilst the Company endeavors to provide a safe and healthy working environment under the Health and Safety at Work Act, all employees, individually or collectively, must adhere to such rules as are enforced for the protection of themselves and other people with whom they may come into contact with during their working day.  It is clearly recognized that good safety standards are closely related to good teamwork.  Each assignment is interrelated with other jobs and it is the individual’s responsibility to protect the safety and well being of both him/her self and others.

The Health & Safety Act 1974 replaces many of the old laws which were often not fully understood by both Employers and Employees.  The Act covers almost every work place activity.

I believe our Health and Safety objectives can be achieved, in part, by:

1.   Conducting regular safety inspections to measure performance against agreed standards to identify the need for improvement.

2.   Hold regular Health and Safety review meetings and ensure the communication of necessary information throughout our organization.

3.   The appointment of competent managers who are responsible for the day-to-day management of health and safety within the organization.

4.   Encourage employees to share in the ownership of health ands safety issues to the benefit of all within the organization.

All employees who see anything which they believe to be a health and safety risk should immediately report the matter to a Supervisor or Manager.

CMS

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2005, 10:02:46 pm »
Enclose is my health and safety statement I also have risk assessments for each task that we carry out but dont know how to attach them on here

‘M B Cleaning’
 Health and Safety Statement

It is the policy of ‘M B Cleaning’ to conduct all business activities in a responsible manner, free from recognized hazards; to respect the environment, health and safety of our employees, customers, suppliers, partners and community neighbours; to foster the sustainable use of the earth’s resources; and to comply with current environmental legislation, health and safety laws and regulations. In addition, we commit to continuous improvement in our environmental, health and safety management systems, pollution prevention practices and safety programmes.

·   Ensure that all equipment is serviced and well maintained

·   Provide safe arrangement for the use and handling of storage and transport of articles and substances

·   Maintain a safe place of work with safe access and exit routes, also to provide signage where necessary

·   Ensure that all operating procedures are safe

·   To ensure that all training and instructions are updated

·   To provide a first aid box

·   To provide protective clothing where necessary

Risk Assessment Form

Assessors    Mark Gridley / Garry Oakley
Location     M B Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning
Activity     Carpets – Wet Cleaning
Significant Hazards   Persons Affected   Existing Controls   Risk Rating  L/M/H   Additional Controls Required   Action By & Date
Irritation to skin caused by contact with chemicals.Scalds from water being too hot.Injury from slips and fallsBack injury due to movement of furniture   OperativeOperativeAllOperative   Operative to wear rubber gloves (operatives with a latex allergy will be issued with an alternative type of glove). Operative to be inducted in Manufacturers instructions for use.Adherence to COSHH assessments.Mix hot and cold water and test before use.Safety signs to be erectedOperative to be aware of ‘Manual Handling Risk Assessment’Operatives to work in pairs when moving furniture.Operatives to be trained in correct manual handling techniques.   LLLM   NoneNoneNoneNone   

Print Name   Position   Signature   Date   Review Date
Risk Assessor      Proprietor      13/3/05   13/3/06

The risk assessment form has not come out well on here plus i have about 40 of them 1 for each task. I would have attach them on but there is no clear button for attaching things, sorry.  I hope this helps a bit

I really don't mind you borrowing stuff off my website but PLEASE have the courtesy to ask!

magridley

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2006, 04:13:01 pm »

I really don't mind you borrowing stuff off my website but PLEASE have the courtesy to ask!

Please except my apologizes if this was originally yours. I was e mailed this some time ago when I asked for help in health and safety. That’s why I passed in on because someone helps me so I thought it only right to help others.

On this note would you mine me using this? If you don't mind thank you very much

Again please except my apologizes

Kind regards

Mark
www.mbcarpetcleaning.com - Full Member NCCA - Eco-Friendly Cleaning Company

*Chris Browne

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2006, 02:20:19 pm »
you could just download one from the hse, 5 minutes to print off and it looks the BIZ.(also includes risk assesment)

Chris

www.scsf.co.uk

williamx

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2006, 09:45:33 pm »
you could just download one from the hse, 5 minutes to print off and it looks the BIZ.(also includes risk assesment)

Chris

www.scsf.co.uk

Chris

Have you got a link to this form

*Chris Browne

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2006, 11:01:13 am »
http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg259.pdf

there you go, you can fill in all the blanks, print the whole lot in coulor and it really looks the part

i think this is what youve all been looking for, there is also a "fill in yourself risk assesment at the end"you need adobe acrobat

chris

let me know if this as helped anyone

www.scsf.co.uk

williamx

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2006, 02:23:02 pm »
Many Thanks Chris

Robert Parry

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2006, 10:12:08 am »
I am sure I have said this before somewhere on this forum, but please, please understand that there is a world of difference between a Health & Safety Policy Statement and a REAL Health & Safety Policy.

They are not the same thing!

If you employ more than 5 people, your insurance company, client's and indeed the Health & Safety Executive will expect you to have in place a REAL Health & Safety Programme, consisting of a lot more than a Policy Statement and a few Risk Assessments.

The above is provided to help only, and is not intentended to annoy or upset anyone.
A world of difference....

TVCS

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2009, 06:31:55 pm »
http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg259.pdf

looking at this it all seems to be telling you the employer what you need to be doing, surely this would not look good filled out and printed.  Maybe I am missing something?  Could someone advise me if i have missed the point,
Cheers
ant
TVCS
Veni, vidi, vino, splatus.

(I came, I saw, I drank, I fell over...)

Robert Parry

« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2009, 11:47:34 am »
TVCS,

You have not missed the point by much! ;D

This, in one form or another is all most cleaning companies do!

Hey presto, they now comply with the legislation (NOT!)

If you actually take the time to read and understand the document, you will discover references made to competence, training etc.etc.

As a quick example, a reference is made to training, and the records that need to be kept about this training, this involves a competent person to carry out said training(define competent!, is their training recognised, if so, by which body?)

A written record of said training, date, scope of training etc.etc.

And so the list goes on!

AS you can see, just printing out this document, or any other, is not sufficient

Regards,

Rob
A world of difference....

ts

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2010, 02:09:53 pm »
As I am trying to break into the commercial side of things I have been asked for my health and safety policy from a property management company and wondering what best to use.  Also needing liability insurance. Anyone got any suggestions as Im mostly used to doing houses and want to get my business more established.

thanks

Debo

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2010, 07:52:41 pm »
I am too looking to construct a health and safety policy. If someone could kindly send it to my email address; cleanbycleaners@yahoo.co.uk.

Many Thanks