stu_thomson

Card payments and pci compliance
« on: June 25, 2018, 10:25:44 pm »
Hi , have been taking card payments for a few years now with world pay zinc but am about to change to a new company and they say I must sort out being pci complient
Does any one know anything about it as I’ve never heard about it till now.?

Cheers Stu
People say that money is not the key to happiness, but I always figured if you have enough money, you can have a key made!

Robin Ray

Re: Card payments and pci compliance
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 10:30:50 pm »
Not sure really. Its interesting as we are thinking about starting taking cards.
This might help     https://www.pcicomplianceguide.org/faq/

What company are you going for?

John Kelly

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2018, 11:12:33 am »
Its basically in the past the banks have picked up the tab for card fraud. However now its costing them millions so they have switched the onus onto the people taking the payments ie you.
It is an absolute ballache so if your current supplier isn't insisting on this I would stick with them. The risk for carpet cleaners is very small as opposed to a very busy shop dealing with hundreds of transactions per day.
One word of warning though if your card processing data was hacked the fine can be up to $100,000. Its American.

stu_thomson

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2018, 07:57:53 am »
Mmm, food for thought😕
I’m with world pay zinc At moment which is fine and apparently in their t and cs they say it’s up to me to sort out pci. However I want to upgrade the terminal to a more professional one and cheaper rates and have decided world pay but they insist on compliance
They charge £29 to sort it per year but say cheaper online but all I can see online is explaining pci and not how to get it ☹️
Maybe not all the paperwork 🤔
People say that money is not the key to happiness, but I always figured if you have enough money, you can have a key made!

John Kelly

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2018, 09:55:27 am »
29 quid, snap their hands off. We have Worldpay for our online payments and in 14 years not one hiccup. Got sucked into using Paymentsense for card terminal and PCI is a pain. Have to do system scans every month, full compliance every year and evry time you log on you have to change to a new password. They are part of First Data Group, an American outfit, avoid them like the plague.

John Kelly

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2018, 10:00:03 am »
Just having to do my annual update. First question FFS:

Are penetration-testing procedures defined to test all segmentation methods, to confirm they are operational and effective, and isolate all out-of-scope systems from systems in the CDE?

stu_thomson

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2018, 10:10:12 pm »
Ha ha what the heck does that mean 🤔
Spoke to card saver today and they can do a slightly better deal with the terminal and the percentages
Their pci cost is £47 plus vat per year, so by the sounds of it they send you some questions to fill in and send it to them and they charge you for it?
Concerned though I need a degree to answer the bloody questions!

stu_thomson

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2018, 10:24:59 pm »
Just been on trustpilot for reviews and worldpay have come out awful 😕

Adam Bateup

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2018, 07:32:04 am »
I use an iZettle card reader and it’s great , no monthly cost just a charge per transaction and no pci stuff .
They do other helpful bits to like instant receipts and data stuff .

Cheers