blacksheep

where can i get
« on: August 23, 2005, 11:09:16 am »
hi,morning all, anyone know where i can get clear stick on labels i  want them for spray bottles so i dont have too much waste,they need to be marked clearly for staff . I rang around with no luck or bottles with the labels on already and i can fill them

ValueValeting

Re: where can i get
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2005, 11:16:34 am »
you could buy a dymo machine and print your own labels - they are available from most stationary shops. cost about £10-£20 for the machine if I remember rightly and a couple of quid for the label tape

Tim Downer

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2005, 03:06:19 pm »
Hi Blacksheep.
Chat up your cleaning supplier, as i know sometimes my one has bottles with the label damaged. They are occasionally given spare labels by the supplier of that bottled product and place these on the bottles.
Regards
Tim
Tim Downer
Manager

"The difference between Ordinary and Extraordinary.....is that little Extra"

blacksheep

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2005, 01:46:06 am »
well mike any chance lol

CMS

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2005, 02:51:59 pm »
Your supplier should supply labels for spray bottles. I'm sure I'm right in saying that if a chemical requires diluting for use in a spray bottle they are required by law to provide a label.

Most of the decent suppliers I've ever dealt with supply them.

Jan K

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2005, 08:20:46 pm »
Hmmm, that's interesting to know, because mine don't!

Think I will get onto them tomorrow as I am due a delivery of chems

Cheers CMS

Jan :)
anyone with facebook can add me at this link ...  jan 'minkeedj' kindon  .... if you can be bothered lol

blacksheep

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2005, 01:58:04 am »
i was just going to put chemicals from the 5 liter bottles into spray bottles to save on waste,i wanted clear labels to go on bottles to comply with h&s. regards all

CMS

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2005, 09:20:35 pm »
Most chemicals that you buy in 5ltr containers will have a dilution rate on them especially for use in normal spray bottles. The manufacturers labels that they should be supplying to you will contain all the H & S details, dilution rates etc.

Don't let them fob you off.

I'll see if I can get an example to scan and put on here.

CMS

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2005, 09:27:58 pm »
Premier Products at Cheltenham do them.

http://www.premierproducts.co.uk/

Go to their web site and use their site search facility to search for 'labels'

They actually do a clear one where you can insert a product name but the proper ones are best.

The product code for their clear labels is 20028.

blacksheep

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2005, 02:39:09 am »
hi cms great web site ,thanks very much blacksheep

Jan K

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2005, 10:41:51 am »
that premier products is expensive........I can get a 5l container of Virasol (Clover product) which is what we used to use when I was a cleaner for a big health and leisure centre to clean the changing rooms, showers and poolside (and what I use now) for £6.11 inc VAT........it's really good stuff and can be diluted 1:50 for multipurpose cleaning....nice citrus smell too. I get that from my local cleaning suppliers.

Not only that I can get dusters and cloths much cheaper than they are selling at my DIY store (not a big chain stores like B and Q, but my local one)..........just a thought!

anyone with facebook can add me at this link ...  jan 'minkeedj' kindon  .... if you can be bothered lol

CMS

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2005, 02:31:47 pm »
I wouldn't take too much notice of any price quoted on either a web site or a brochure.

Every Cleaning Company has its own pricing structure with every supplier. It's a fact of life that if a company wants to supply you now and in the future when you grow bigger - and they want you to stay with them - you can tell them what you want to pay.