woodman

Re: Paul Chambers
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2004, 05:43:23 pm »
As no one has offered, I can collect if need be but I will need Paul's contact Details.

I have a PO Box the cheques can be sent to, collected and then sent on to Paul.

We will need to move fast as a cut off date for money sent would be required to make it work.

If all agreed let me know ;)

Trevor

Dynafoam

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2004, 05:47:03 pm »
Since nothing concrete seemed to be happening, I have made an appointment with my bank manager for Saturday morning with a view to opening the "Paul Chambers Fund" account.

If acceptable to all, the account details can be published here so that donations can be made to the account either via your own branch or electronically.

When it is felt that all donations are received the amount collected can then be passed to Paul and the closing bank statement published.

Before proceeding I need a consensus of agreement to the procedure and also confirmation that Paul's' current address is known and confirmed.

If anyone has a better, speedier way of getting the money to Paul, please let us all know. Any objection to the plan will not be taken as any degree of personal insult and if someone such as Neil, who knows Paul on a more personal level wished to organise a similar scheme, that's fine by me.

Please comment.....................

Dynafoam

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2004, 05:50:02 pm »
Trevor,

You posted whilst I was typing. I'd be happy to send you a cheque, or for you to adopt the bank account route - whichever is easiest for you.

Thank you for putting yourself foreword.

Big_Fish

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2004, 06:20:55 pm »
John,

Being able to send money electronically will be easier than relying on the post which can be worse than usual this time of year.

Whichever is decided, it needs to be set up in the next few days before interest is lost.

Well done all,
Nicky

woodman

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2004, 06:59:14 pm »
Thats fine by me John

I was actually thinking about motor bike courier/van to him once all monies were in not by post, but your idea sounds good ;)

Either way we better get a move on.

paul@ctcs

« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2004, 07:07:48 pm »
Good work chaps so where do i send the cheque??
Are we having a cut off date to get the money in?

Paul

Dynafoam

« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2004, 07:11:07 pm »
Trevor,

I can't get to my bank before Saturday but feel that the bank account approach would bring in donations quicker, and without the risk of cheques being lost in post.

To avoid lengthy discussion, if you are still happy to act as administrator, I'll withdraw and await your instructions regarding payment.

Nat West Bank were happy to set up an account for this purpose, without cheque book, plastic or account charges. If you decide to take this route, I am sure that other banks would be equally accommodating.

Mark Roberts

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2004, 07:49:55 pm »
If 1 of the mods could make this topic "sticky" Im sure more money and awareness would be raised.

Mark

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2004, 07:53:14 pm »
I'm happy with whatever arrangements are made.

Safe and happy cleaning :)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

Martin_Riley

« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2004, 08:28:21 pm »
John
I think the bank account is a splendid idea. As soon as you post details of the account £20 will be on it's way. Isn't it great that we have a forum like this, everybody willing to help each other. Jason B if he's reading could learn a thing or two here. Neil, Try and get Paul's contact details so we can reach him when the time comes. Well done everybody.
Martin :)
Martin J Riley, Tiverton, Devon, NCCA, IICRC

SMP

« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2004, 09:17:41 pm »
Count me in for £20.  Post Bank transfer details when known.

Cheers
Steve
Steve Poole

malc

« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2004, 09:32:28 pm »
Count me in for £20,i know its of the topic but been on the iicrc upholstery  course with paul pearce for a couple of days an excellent course.   

Forum Admin

« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2004, 10:36:59 am »
Sorry I've only just found this thread.

Paul has made a great contribution to this forum and we're happy to help in any way we can.

While the bank account is being sorted (and I would question how quickly one could be set up) anyone that would like to make a contribution is welcome to use one of these options:

You can make a donation by credit or debit card on 0800 9154 154 (hold for the operator on the switchboard!) and we'll forward the money when we have his details (Express will pay the commission charges on this)

If you have a Paypal account you can forward your donation to us by quoting my email address: mike@expresscleaningsupplies.co.uk Make sure you quote your own, and Pauls name, so i know who it's come from. As soon as someone lets me have Pauls address and/ or his bank details I'll then transfer it to him. This can be a bit of an ordeal if you have to set up a PayPal account.

You can send a cheque made payable to Paul Chambers to:
Express Cleaning Supplies
FREEPOST SWC4595
Malvern
WR14 3ZD

I hope this doesn't complicate the issue but the options are there for anyone that would like to make use of them.

I hope it all works out for Paul in the end.

I'm out of the office (and offline) until tommorrow afternoon (Friday) so apologies if I can't answer any questions beforehand.

Regards

Mike Boxall

paulchambers

« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2004, 11:49:55 am »
Hi Chaps

I have just logged on in the whitby library,

I must say all the support your chaps have given has brought tears to caths and my eyes.

It has been a terrible time we are currently  living in B & B in whitby which isnt that pleasant.

The Fire Investigator has taken the PC in question away to check , he thinks it may of been a lightening strike sometime ago which created a fault on our external router/modem.

Thanks to all i'll  be back online asap but in the meantime i'll pop into the library now and then... ( to answer your carpet cleaning questions   ;D ;D )

paul & cath

Forum Admin

« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2004, 12:04:43 pm »
Everyone in our admin office is now aware of the situation and if you call between 9 and 5.30 they'll take your details there and then. Outside office hours we use a call centre - if you leave your phone number someone will call you back.

Regards

Mike Boxall

Martin Sambrook

Re: *** Paul Chambers ****
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2004, 01:00:55 pm »
Hi,
Mike
i have just sent £20 for Paul & Cathy Chambers via paypal to the email address you supplied. Hope it helps and all the best to Paul & Cathy

martin

easi-kleen

« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2004, 02:50:32 pm »
Just phone a donation through.

My best wishes and thoughts go out to Paul and Cath. I am a fireman in my other life so i know and understand the devestation caused to peoples lives when this happens.

I hope Whitby brings you more luck.

Phil

Dynafoam

« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2004, 04:24:27 pm »
In light of Mikes' offer of assistance, I have now cancelled the appointment at my bank.

Since mike has available several different payment options, I feel that  my involvement (except as a donor) is no longer required.

It should be pointed out the both Trevor (Woodman) and Little Brother Derek also offered to organise the collection.

I've just phoned through my £20 and been told that they have already had "several" calls  :D

I am sure that you will all join me in thanking mike for taking over the yoke and for accepting commission charges. Doubtlessly he will advise us of the total when known.

Chris R

« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2004, 06:13:32 pm »
Very Sorry to hear of your bad luck Paul. Especially at this time of year.

I have sent £20 by paypal today.

Hope you have good luck in the future,

Chris
Staffordshire

stevegunn

« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2004, 06:33:33 pm »
Donation sent by paypal keep your chin up Paul things can only get better for you now.