neil 47

*** Paul Chambers ****
« on: November 22, 2004, 08:41:02 pm »
last tuesday morning paul had a lucky escape when his bungalow caught fire cath and himself managed to escape through a window and were taken to hospital,and were discharged the next day.
the cause of the fire looks to be a faulty modem.
paul has lost everything in the fire and wasn,t  insured as he had only just moved there .
he has now deceided to move to whitby

Neil
IICRC

Doug Holloway

Re: Paul Chambers
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2004, 08:45:22 pm »
Neil,

That is terrible news.

Please pass on my best wishes to Paul and Cath.

Lets hope Whitby will bring a change of luck.

Cheers,

Doug

Martin_Riley

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2004, 09:23:11 pm »
Neil?
Is this really true? If it is then what a bummer. Bad luck seems to follow this guy around. I hope that things get alot better for him and Cath soon. Perhaps we could start a little collection for him from all his mates on the cleaning forums. Maybe forum admin could help . I'll start the ball rolling with £20. Paul if your reading this just remember that from every adversity there is the seed of an equivalent or greater benefit. Hope to see you back on these forums soon. All the best
Martin Riley :)
Martin J Riley, Tiverton, Devon, NCCA, IICRC

paul@ctcs

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2004, 10:51:37 pm »
Well said Martin :) I would be more than happy to pledge £20 to help Paul get back on his feet, how are we going to do this?

Paul

Dynafoam

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2004, 11:27:05 pm »
I'll come in with another £20.

Niel,

If Mike does not wish to get involved, would you be prepared to handle the contributions and pass them on?

Dave_Lee

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2004, 11:57:46 pm »
Same here £20, just let us know where to send it. Has he lost his CC equipment, if so Im sure many of us could help there as well, with spare bits of kit we seldom use.
Best wishes to you Paul and your family.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

Big_Fish

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2004, 06:36:45 am »
What sad news.
Another £20 here to bring it up to the first 100.

Nicky

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2004, 07:48:39 am »
This is very bad news As Paul is a Cleanitup God and has provided some interesting posts.

Hope all goes well for him and his family.

Willcontribute when we know about collection

Scott Martin

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2004, 08:04:34 am »
Put me in for 20 as well, let me know who is doing the collection.

Hope he will get something out of the xmas rush

Best

Scott

The Ultimate In Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning!

Martin Sambrook

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2004, 08:09:13 am »
Sorry to hear this bad news.
you can count on another £20 from me as well, just let me know where to send it.
all the best

Martin

stevegunn

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2004, 08:20:45 am »
I'll chip in too

Steve

dave401uk

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2004, 11:11:56 am »
Count me in for £20 as well, its good to see people coming together  to help,

dave
Its never a pass of the wand,just a master stroke.

paul_smith

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2004, 11:59:46 am »
I am happy to help,fire can strike at the most unlikely time and place often with tragic consequences.
Any body reading this who has not got smoke detectors fitted should put them up ASAP.
If you are unsure of fire safety contact your local fire station who will visit your home offer free advice,and where appropriate fit free smoke detectors in your home.
Best wishes to Paul and his family.
please post details of how we can help.
Paul

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2004, 12:12:38 pm »
Sorry to hear the bad news. I thought Paul was going through a bad time and then this happens  :'(

Count me in for a few pence too.

Be safe, be happy and hopefully cleaning again :)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

Dave Parry

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2004, 10:37:03 pm »
Very Sorry to hear this news. Paul offered to put me up overnight recently when I was in cornwall having my t/m serviced. Instead met him and neil 47 for a drink. Had a enjoyable evening. Will contribute when its organised.
Bracknell, Berkshire,
Phoenix T/M,
http://www.cleanercarpets.org/index.html

mark_roberts

« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2004, 10:43:06 pm »
I'll donate as well.  Sounds like your worst nightmare.

Whats the details for the collection?

Mark Roberts

Dynafoam

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2004, 11:38:24 pm »
It's heartwarming that so many have already offered to contribute, but all will come to nothing if arrangements are not firmed up.

I also imagine that whatever is collected will do the most good the sooner it is passed on.

What is required is an individual trusted by all, to whom we can send our cheques so that they can be sent, en mass, to Paul. I assume that Niel has his address, or the exercise will be wasted.

One name comes to mind, and he probably has the use of a safe accommodation address where the cheques can be sent. Perhaps he will volunteer his services. (?)

John_Flynn

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2004, 04:01:54 pm »
The Oldman from Yorkshire will also contribute £20.00, post details of where to send, please.
I get better looking each day!!

Doug Holloway

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2004, 04:21:53 pm »
Hi,

As John says someone needs to co-ordinate this while there is momentum, preferably someone who knows where Paul is.

Cheers,

Doug

David Ware

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2004, 04:27:26 pm »
Sorry to hear the bad news,something tragic always happens this time of year. Put me down for £20
David Ware

woodman

« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2004, 05:43:23 pm »
As no one has offered, I can collect if need be but I will need Paul's contact Details.

I have a PO Box the cheques can be sent to, collected and then sent on to Paul.

We will need to move fast as a cut off date for money sent would be required to make it work.

If all agreed let me know ;)

Trevor

Dynafoam

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2004, 05:47:03 pm »
Since nothing concrete seemed to be happening, I have made an appointment with my bank manager for Saturday morning with a view to opening the "Paul Chambers Fund" account.

If acceptable to all, the account details can be published here so that donations can be made to the account either via your own branch or electronically.

When it is felt that all donations are received the amount collected can then be passed to Paul and the closing bank statement published.

Before proceeding I need a consensus of agreement to the procedure and also confirmation that Paul's' current address is known and confirmed.

If anyone has a better, speedier way of getting the money to Paul, please let us all know. Any objection to the plan will not be taken as any degree of personal insult and if someone such as Neil, who knows Paul on a more personal level wished to organise a similar scheme, that's fine by me.

Please comment.....................

Dynafoam

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2004, 05:50:02 pm »
Trevor,

You posted whilst I was typing. I'd be happy to send you a cheque, or for you to adopt the bank account route - whichever is easiest for you.

Thank you for putting yourself foreword.

Big_Fish

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2004, 06:20:55 pm »
John,

Being able to send money electronically will be easier than relying on the post which can be worse than usual this time of year.

Whichever is decided, it needs to be set up in the next few days before interest is lost.

Well done all,
Nicky

woodman

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2004, 06:59:14 pm »
Thats fine by me John

I was actually thinking about motor bike courier/van to him once all monies were in not by post, but your idea sounds good ;)

Either way we better get a move on.

paul@ctcs

« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2004, 07:07:48 pm »
Good work chaps so where do i send the cheque??
Are we having a cut off date to get the money in?

Paul

Dynafoam

« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2004, 07:11:07 pm »
Trevor,

I can't get to my bank before Saturday but feel that the bank account approach would bring in donations quicker, and without the risk of cheques being lost in post.

To avoid lengthy discussion, if you are still happy to act as administrator, I'll withdraw and await your instructions regarding payment.

Nat West Bank were happy to set up an account for this purpose, without cheque book, plastic or account charges. If you decide to take this route, I am sure that other banks would be equally accommodating.

Mark Roberts

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2004, 07:49:55 pm »
If 1 of the mods could make this topic "sticky" Im sure more money and awareness would be raised.

Mark

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2004, 07:53:14 pm »
I'm happy with whatever arrangements are made.

Safe and happy cleaning :)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi

Martin_Riley

« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2004, 08:28:21 pm »
John
I think the bank account is a splendid idea. As soon as you post details of the account £20 will be on it's way. Isn't it great that we have a forum like this, everybody willing to help each other. Jason B if he's reading could learn a thing or two here. Neil, Try and get Paul's contact details so we can reach him when the time comes. Well done everybody.
Martin :)
Martin J Riley, Tiverton, Devon, NCCA, IICRC

SMP

« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2004, 09:17:41 pm »
Count me in for £20.  Post Bank transfer details when known.

Cheers
Steve
Steve Poole

malc

« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2004, 09:32:28 pm »
Count me in for £20,i know its of the topic but been on the iicrc upholstery  course with paul pearce for a couple of days an excellent course.   

Forum Admin

« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2004, 10:36:59 am »
Sorry I've only just found this thread.

Paul has made a great contribution to this forum and we're happy to help in any way we can.

While the bank account is being sorted (and I would question how quickly one could be set up) anyone that would like to make a contribution is welcome to use one of these options:

You can make a donation by credit or debit card on 0800 9154 154 (hold for the operator on the switchboard!) and we'll forward the money when we have his details (Express will pay the commission charges on this)

If you have a Paypal account you can forward your donation to us by quoting my email address: mike@expresscleaningsupplies.co.uk Make sure you quote your own, and Pauls name, so i know who it's come from. As soon as someone lets me have Pauls address and/ or his bank details I'll then transfer it to him. This can be a bit of an ordeal if you have to set up a PayPal account.

You can send a cheque made payable to Paul Chambers to:
Express Cleaning Supplies
FREEPOST SWC4595
Malvern
WR14 3ZD

I hope this doesn't complicate the issue but the options are there for anyone that would like to make use of them.

I hope it all works out for Paul in the end.

I'm out of the office (and offline) until tommorrow afternoon (Friday) so apologies if I can't answer any questions beforehand.

Regards

Mike Boxall

paulchambers

« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2004, 11:49:55 am »
Hi Chaps

I have just logged on in the whitby library,

I must say all the support your chaps have given has brought tears to caths and my eyes.

It has been a terrible time we are currently  living in B & B in whitby which isnt that pleasant.

The Fire Investigator has taken the PC in question away to check , he thinks it may of been a lightening strike sometime ago which created a fault on our external router/modem.

Thanks to all i'll  be back online asap but in the meantime i'll pop into the library now and then... ( to answer your carpet cleaning questions   ;D ;D )

paul & cath

Forum Admin

« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2004, 12:04:43 pm »
Everyone in our admin office is now aware of the situation and if you call between 9 and 5.30 they'll take your details there and then. Outside office hours we use a call centre - if you leave your phone number someone will call you back.

Regards

Mike Boxall

Martin Sambrook

Re: *** Paul Chambers ****
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2004, 01:00:55 pm »
Hi,
Mike
i have just sent £20 for Paul & Cathy Chambers via paypal to the email address you supplied. Hope it helps and all the best to Paul & Cathy

martin

easi-kleen

« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2004, 02:50:32 pm »
Just phone a donation through.

My best wishes and thoughts go out to Paul and Cath. I am a fireman in my other life so i know and understand the devestation caused to peoples lives when this happens.

I hope Whitby brings you more luck.

Phil

Dynafoam

« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2004, 04:24:27 pm »
In light of Mikes' offer of assistance, I have now cancelled the appointment at my bank.

Since mike has available several different payment options, I feel that  my involvement (except as a donor) is no longer required.

It should be pointed out the both Trevor (Woodman) and Little Brother Derek also offered to organise the collection.

I've just phoned through my £20 and been told that they have already had "several" calls  :D

I am sure that you will all join me in thanking mike for taking over the yoke and for accepting commission charges. Doubtlessly he will advise us of the total when known.

Chris R

« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2004, 06:13:32 pm »
Very Sorry to hear of your bad luck Paul. Especially at this time of year.

I have sent £20 by paypal today.

Hope you have good luck in the future,

Chris
Staffordshire

stevegunn

« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2004, 06:33:33 pm »
Donation sent by paypal keep your chin up Paul things can only get better for you now.

adl

« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2004, 06:59:50 pm »
I dont know Paul personally but i will send a donation in tomorrows post, if paul needs to borrow any equipment then im sure we can all help him especially during this busy time of year, just let us know what you need paul and im sure between us all we can sort some out.

All the best Dave ADL

Mike Roper

« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2004, 10:22:26 pm »
Hi,
Paul I dont think I,ve met you , but I am a carpet cleaner living in Whitby & am sorry to hear of this bad news !
If I can be of any assistance please call me on- 01947 603601 or 07974072352 or if you see me about please say hello !
Regards Mike Roper.

dave washbrook

« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2004, 11:12:44 pm »
very sad news i'm also a retained firefighter so i know how devastating it is glad your both ok will definatley be sending my donation tomorrow

all the best to you both

dave

rioclean

« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2004, 11:54:10 pm »
Hi Paul

Sorry to hear about your problems, as I have had enouth of my own right now (winging bugger) :-X

Call me on 01634 400567 and I will do what I can to help.

Regards Dave.
www.riocleaning.co.uk
Rochester, Kent

Neil Mc Anulty

« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2004, 06:09:13 am »
Paul and Cath
Sorry to hear the bad news. Something good will come out of it believe it or not.
Keep the chin up.
Will phone a little help through today from Northern Ireland.

nr_neil

Forum Admin

« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2004, 12:24:06 pm »
Thanks for the payments so far.

Paul, please give me a call with your details and I'll arrange for it all to be forwarded to you.

I hope things don't seem quite as bad for you as they did.

Regards

Mike

Alex

« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2004, 12:56:26 pm »
I'm really sorry to hear about this sad sad news Paul and Kath please let us know if we can be of help or if we can all get some equipment setup to get you back on your feet.

I've sent my £20 today.

Alex

Doug Holloway

« Reply #47 on: November 26, 2004, 01:43:34 pm »
Hi ,

Done mine , Keep em coming chaps :)

Paul,

I'm sure you'll rise like a phoenix from all this ,

Best of Luck,

Doug

SMP

« Reply #48 on: November 26, 2004, 02:36:22 pm »
Done mine.

Thanks to Mike for providing the resources to manage this.

All the best to Paul.

Steve
Steve Poole

Martin S

« Reply #49 on: November 26, 2004, 04:15:46 pm »
Paul,

£20.00 on it's way from me.  I hope that you will be able to overcome this horrendous incident and pick yourselves up quickly.

A new year is almost upon us, so hopefully, a better 2005 awaits you both.  All the best.

I have to say, that the responses from people on this board, most of whom probably don't know Paul, and the camaraderie, help, assistance, guidance etc etc, that is given freely to everyone, is nothing short of remarkable. 

You are all a credit to your profession.

Regards.

Martin S
Martin

« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2004, 05:05:38 pm »
Paul...............Done my bit and hope it all helps you get straight.
Good luck  :)

pepper

« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2004, 05:30:13 pm »
I dont know Paul Chambers, and I'm new to this forum...but I am overwhelmed by the generosity and strength of feeling coming from everyone on here, what a great bunch of people to know.
I think that Paul and Cath, although benefitting from the cash, will forever remember the love and warmth that was sent to them.
I hope that no one minds a stranger wanting to help out a fellow cleaner in need.
Carolann
INTAClean

P.S. can someone let me know how to send a donation please?

SMP

« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2004, 05:54:21 pm »
Hi Carolann - welcome to the board.

If you look further up the page on this topic you will find details of how to donate, posted by Forum Admin.

Cheers
Steve Poole

lee_gundry

« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2004, 07:24:51 pm »
sorry paul just read the news £20.00 no problem .

if you require any equipment just let me know,only 2 1/2 drive from whitby.

i have loads of equipment you can borrow if you need chemicals just let me know i will send 6 months worth to you to get you started.

keep yoor chin up mate.

Lee G
cumbria

enviro

« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2004, 07:27:28 pm »
Well said Martin :) I would be more than happy to pledge £20 to help Paul get back on his feet, how are we going to do this?

Paul
Sorry im a bit late on this but we would like to put in £20 Hope the two of them are ok!!!

Neil Gott

« Reply #55 on: November 26, 2004, 08:31:34 pm »
Count me in. Cheque in post with best wishes.
Neil Gott     Southampton U.K.

www.neilgott.co.uk

« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2004, 09:08:07 pm »
So sorry to hear of the fire ,not to far away in stockton on tees ,count me in for a twenty, and paul if you want a holiday or a break from it all, feel free to use my appartment in lanzarote FREE just e-mail me the dates you want !

ps need some help in scarbrough on a big job in feb!!!!!!!!!

best regards   al

Fintan_Coll

« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2004, 10:53:35 pm »
Let me know where to send it to, will gladly give£20

Dynafoam

« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2004, 10:59:06 pm »

Fintan_Coll

« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2004, 11:03:15 pm »
Thanks, John.

Big_Fish

« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2004, 07:57:45 am »
£20 sent.

Has there been any more contact from Paul?
Often the impact of something like this can take a while to actually take hold.

If you do get to read this Paul & Cath, our thoughts and prayers are with you at this time.

Nicky

« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2004, 10:47:00 am »
Paid by pay-pal today paul!!
all the best from Alan Chambers[ A.C. Cleaning services]
P.S. not related ,i dont think!!!

dd dave

« Reply #62 on: November 28, 2004, 10:22:20 am »
Glad to help - cheque in post- Best wishes to Paul and Cath

Michel Roberts

« Reply #63 on: November 28, 2004, 04:44:05 pm »
Paul,

I have just read this thread and cannot belive how unlucky you have been.
Hope things improve for you and Cathy.

Will send check for 20.00 tonight

Michel

betterthanwetter

« Reply #64 on: November 28, 2004, 06:58:39 pm »
Does anyone know what kind of cleaning system(s) Paul uses?  I tried to dig through past postings, but in an effort to save time, I thought I'd just ask you all.

englum

« Reply #65 on: November 28, 2004, 07:15:35 pm »
best regards to paul and cath weve never met but hope things get better £20.00 on its way
WE CLEAN LIKE MARTINI
ANYTIME  ANYPLACE ANYWHERE

Forum Admin

« Reply #66 on: November 29, 2004, 11:22:27 am »
Hi

Just to let you know that we've recieved £300 in total so far with possibly some more in the post.

I hope to transfer the money later today.

I'm sure Paul and Cath will want to thank everyone themselves and I have no doubt that they will be extremely grateful.

Thanks again

Mike Boxall

adl

« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2004, 01:32:48 pm »
Just sent mine today, sorry not fri as promised but been on site all weekend, regards Dave ADL

Big_Fish

« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2004, 07:20:10 pm »
Hello,

Reading the post from Neil about Paul & Cath being on benefit (another forum), it may not be such a good idea to give the gift as money. If the Benefits Agency find out that they have been given money, they can adjust their payments therefore making them no better off.

There is a way around this by giving the money as vouchers or buying items that Paul needs.

Nicky

neil 47

Re: *** Paul Chambers ****UPDATE
« Reply #69 on: November 30, 2004, 12:37:17 pm »
sorry I havent kept everyone up to date with paul & cath but the computor wasn,t working.
It,s great to see how supportive you all have been.
I talked with paul last night and he isn,t fairing to well.
the local council have put him in a B&b in whitby which isn,t very nice they have told him that he will have to stay there for 33 days to make there minds up if he should be rehoused they have also told as he hasn,t got any work he has to stop claiming working tax credit(hardly his fault) this means he is going lose a substantial amount of money per month.
This is how this goverment looks after a man who served and fought  for his country.
Spending 18 months in the faklands both before and during the conflict.
Also before this happened paul had also suffered so very bad set backs but has never once complained but has kept on working and trying move on.I have told everyone this because paul is to proud a man to ever mention it.
once again thanks everyone for your support it has really helped paul and cath to know ther are so many people willing to help him .
Thanks
NEIL
IICRC

« Reply #70 on: November 30, 2004, 02:55:53 pm »
Should have walked in and not spoke the language, never paid a penny in tax, had a dozen kids etc............would have a new house, car and full bank account by now :-X

Dennis

« Reply #71 on: November 30, 2004, 03:16:49 pm »
Should have walked in and not spoke the language, never paid a penny in tax, had a dozen kids etc............would have a new house, car and full bank account by now :-X

You cynical old realist!  :o  ;D

davy

« Reply #72 on: November 30, 2004, 04:39:19 pm »
Sorry to hear about Paul just read about it last night
so Iwas to late to donate but have done now.
I this cant make up for personal possesions but I hope it helps.

Best of luck Paul & Cath hope it all comes right in the end

Davy     Smart Floors

paulchambers

« Reply #73 on: December 01, 2004, 10:20:57 am »
Cath and I have been over whelmed by all the support and thank you all.  I would like to send christmas cards to everyone so would it be possible to individuals to send me there addresses. ( I promise not to sell them to readers digest)

We are  currently living in a B & B in whitby where the heating is only on for an hour the owners a gay but luckily doesn't like me.

The council arent very helpful as they think we should of stayed in cornwall, but Cath needs to be near her family after this awlful experience.

In the process of getting leaflets going thinking of getting a 0800 number transfered to my mobile as i havent a phone line at present.

Thanks again must go .

Paul & cath

paul@ctcs

« Reply #74 on: December 01, 2004, 04:36:46 pm »
Good to hear from you Paul,

Hope the little us chaps on the forum have rustled up helps get you back on your feet.

I'm sure the new year will bring a change of fortune :)

Paul

Big_Fish

« Reply #75 on: December 01, 2004, 07:44:02 pm »
We admire Paul's determination to try to pick himself up so quickly after such a short time.

Hope everything turns out well.

In our prayers,

Nicky

Dynafoam

« Reply #76 on: December 01, 2004, 08:04:02 pm »
Paul,

With your attitude and determination ( plus the practise run in Cornwall), you will rise above this set-back.

I have copied you latest post to another forum for the benefit of those who do not subscribe to both site but have contributed.

Best wishes to you both.

stevegunn

« Reply #77 on: December 01, 2004, 08:04:57 pm »
Don't waste your money on xmas cards for everyone just spend your money on getting yourself sorted i think everyone will be in agreement.

Dennis

« Reply #78 on: December 01, 2004, 08:33:20 pm »
Don't waste your money on xmas cards for everyone just spend your money on getting yourself sorted i think everyone will be in agreement.

Yes, have a nice Christmas drink instead.  ;D

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #79 on: December 01, 2004, 09:01:41 pm »
I agree with the posts above Paul. Apart from me, they're all a load of miserable old codgers, unworthy of a personal Christmas Card. I'd suggest you do what I will do and use Clean-it-Up as a medium for sending Seasons Greetings. The cash saved on stamps will allow you an extra pint of Advocat ;)

Safe and happy cleaning :)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #80 on: December 01, 2004, 09:14:56 pm »
Ken is right! I've said it and it doesn't hurt :'(

Have yourself the best of Xmas's that you can and enjoy that you are still alive you know it could have been worse, and you have got plenty of friends to help if you need us.

Shaun

PS Take you and your MRS to that Indian Restaurant near the front, the one that used to be part of the railway.

Michel Roberts

« Reply #81 on: December 01, 2004, 11:31:39 pm »
I agree also Paul

Don't worry about xmas cards you have better things to spend your time and money on.

Michel

Forum Admin

« Reply #82 on: December 02, 2004, 01:35:10 pm »
Hi

Just to let you know that, including today, we've received another £105 bringing the total to £405 so far.

Regards

Mike Boxall

Fintan_Coll

« Reply #83 on: December 02, 2004, 08:22:57 pm »
That is good but surely on a board with over 3000 members we could do better. If we could persuade a few more to help it would be great. The way I see it ,could be you or me in the same situation, so if we can help a friend please do it.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #84 on: December 02, 2004, 09:43:55 pm »
It looks like some of the momentum has gone, come on Forum Admin I know you have put this topic to the top of the Forum list but can we have some flashing lights around it aswell!

Shaun

paulchambers

« Reply #85 on: December 04, 2004, 11:40:47 am »
Thanks to everyone for all the money which has been sent . cath and I are very appreciated for all the support we have had.

We have bought some clothes as we only manage to escape with what we were wearing.

We have also booked Xmas lunch at a resturant with the money.

Thanks agiain for all your support sorry i 'm still stuck for words

thanks

Paul

SMP

« Reply #86 on: December 05, 2004, 08:48:48 pm »
I agree with what's been said in the last few posts.  The majority indicated that they would be donating £20 (as I did) so there's still room for many more to donate (£400/20=20 donations!?).

If everbody were to just donate £1 (not even the price of a drink) with the number of members we have the fund would be well away.

Merry Christmas
Steve
Steve Poole

Forum Admin

« Reply #87 on: December 06, 2004, 09:52:06 am »
Hi Steve / Shaun

Yes, I agree, on balance, with the number of members we have we should be able to do better.

If there is anyone who intended to send a payment which was overlooked, please bear in mind that we will still gladly forward anything paid in the following ways:

You can make a donation by credit or debit card on 0800 9154 154 during office hours (hold for the operator on the switchboard!) and we'll forward the money when we have his details (Express will pay the commission charges on this)

If you have a Paypal account you can forward your donation to us by quoting my email address: mike@expresscleaningsupplies.co.uk Make sure you quote your own, and Pauls name, so i know who it's come from. As soon as someone lets me have Pauls address and/ or his bank details I'll then transfer it to him. This can be a bit of an ordeal if you have to set up a PayPal account.

You can send a cheque made payable to Paul Chambers to:
Express Cleaning Supplies
FREEPOST SWC4595
Malvern
WR14 3ZD

Forum Admin

« Reply #88 on: December 06, 2004, 06:00:22 pm »
sorry, I should have mentioned before that the total now stands at £565. Unfortunately, our Freepost service isn't the quickest but it's still coming in.

Regards

Mike

pristineclean

« Reply #89 on: December 08, 2004, 11:42:06 am »
I haven't had time to log on to the site for a while (time flies when you're hopelessly disorganised) and extend my heartfelt sympathy to Paul in what must be an extremely difficult time.

I don't know Paul, but the measure of the man is reflected in how readily those around him have been so quick to assist.

Paul obviously has many friends, so my offer of help in 2005 may well be overkill, but if there's a need for any supplies etc then I would request that Paul contacts me directly through e mail on Pristinecleanltd@aol.com.

Callum

des

« Reply #90 on: December 09, 2004, 10:36:46 am »
DOES ANY ONE KNOW THE ADRESS OF PAUL AND CATH 
des at mister clean

Len Gribble

« Reply #91 on: December 09, 2004, 09:27:30 pm »
Des

Sorry cant help may be Mike can as he asked for Paul’s address so he can send the money or you could contact him directly via e-mail psc_13@hotmail.com as his web site is still up.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

des

« Reply #92 on: December 10, 2004, 02:30:35 pm »
Paul i have e mailed you phone me if you can not find it  07971840492
des at mister clean

paulchambers

« Reply #93 on: December 11, 2004, 09:47:50 am »
Thanks to everyone i hope everyone has a Nice Christmas and Happy New Year.

We have put in to rent a house in a village callled ugthrope just outside Whitby. If we get it we can start work again and hopefully rebuild our lives.

Paul & cath

Scott Martin

« Reply #94 on: December 14, 2004, 07:22:46 am »
Cheque in post today!

Cheers
The Ultimate In Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning!

josephus

« Reply #95 on: December 21, 2004, 07:07:59 pm »
ill give 20 as well

will send to exspress cleaning

josephus

merry cristmass one and paul !!! and to paul a good year.

sorry just feeling the love here.

Mike_Boxall

« Reply #96 on: December 22, 2004, 12:21:21 pm »
Hi everyone

The total now stands at £750 that we've forwarded to Paul.

Anymore that comes in will be passed on with pleasure!

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year.

Regards

Mike Boxall

Doug Holloway

« Reply #97 on: December 22, 2004, 01:50:14 pm »
Guys and gals,

Well done to everone who contributed and a special thankyou to Mike Boxall for coordinating the collection.

Cheers,

Doug

« Reply #98 on: December 23, 2004, 07:45:32 am »
Just like to add to Paul & Cath, that we all wish them well and be happy that you both came through the accident.
Property and belongings can all be replaced, over time, but the loss of one partner is not worth thinking about.
New Year New Goals...............Go out and give it to em ;D

In the words of the immortal Yazz " The only way is UP"

paulchambers

« Reply #99 on: December 23, 2004, 11:31:06 am »
I would like to thank everyone who has contributed, it has been a great help . Living in B & B is ok for a short holiday but extremely differcult over a period of time and eating out is no longer a luxury and is very expensive when you have to do it everyday. So the money wish has been sent has helped a lot.

A special thanks to Mike Boxall for all his time and effort in forwarding all the money.

I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

On the home front we are trying to rent a 3 bedroom house in a small village called ugthorpe but we wont know if we got it until the new year fingers crossed, the house bolongs to the church and has a life long tenacy. so would be ideal.

Merry Christmas

Paul & Cath

Alex

« Reply #100 on: January 03, 2005, 10:55:47 pm »
Really hope you get the house Paul and all the best for 05

Alex

paulchambers

« Reply #101 on: January 14, 2005, 09:43:59 am »
Just a note to let you know, still homeless in B & B , the house we tried to get fell through so back to square one, there are so few homes to rent in whitby.   Paul

woodman

« Reply #102 on: January 14, 2005, 02:07:34 pm »
Hi Paul

Sorry to hear that but something will turn up ;)

Why don't  you get down to the Carpet Cleaners meeting at Milton Keynes in March.It would be a great opportunity to meet all the guys and catch up on whats going on.

Trevor

paulchambers

« Reply #103 on: January 18, 2005, 04:41:19 pm »
Hi chaps and ladies

GOOD NEWS  We have manage to get a house in a small village called Easington about 13 miles from whitby.   YIPPEE

Thanks for everyones help hopefully we can now rebuld our home and lives THE ONLY WAY IS UP .   

Paul

paul_smith

« Reply #104 on: January 18, 2005, 04:49:06 pm »
Paul, good to hear you got sorted,can you make the day out?
Paul

Dennis

« Reply #105 on: January 18, 2005, 06:04:20 pm »
Good for you!
Who's gonna clean the carpets.
I hear there's quite a good one in Hull, can't remember the name.  ;D

paulchambers

« Reply #106 on: January 20, 2005, 10:16:01 am »
Paul  I will certainly try and make the cc meet , would be nice to put faces to names.   Paul

paulchambers

« Reply #107 on: January 28, 2005, 11:38:05 am »
Thought i would let you know cath and i are moving into our new home on the 1st feb its in Easington cleveland about 13 miles from whitby and decided not to call our selves whitby carpet cleaners now due to our location we are now calling ourselves CLEAN CARPETS. basic and to the point, tradeprint are printing leaflets so as from next week we are back to work and hopefully we will be a successful.

Paul

« Reply #108 on: January 28, 2005, 11:50:41 am »
Nice to hear the good news.  ;D
As me and Yazz always say. " The only way is UP"  ::)

paulchambers

« Reply #109 on: February 23, 2005, 09:13:40 pm »
Helllo

To let you all know we are back up and running , leaflets are printed and being delivered had one job but quite a few calls.  New business name CLEAN CARPETS.

we wouldnt be here today without the help and support everyone has given us   THANKS AGAIN

Paul & Cath

Gavin Reardon

« Reply #110 on: February 23, 2005, 09:23:35 pm »
Hi Paul + Cath

Great to hear you are are back up and running, good  luck both  ;D

Regards

Gavin
Gavin Reardon IICRC / NCCA

www.ace-cleaning.co.uk

stevegunn

« Reply #111 on: February 23, 2005, 09:35:41 pm »
Easington of all places to live ;D ;)

des

« Reply #112 on: February 23, 2005, 10:13:11 pm »
Paul before i got the name MISTER CLEAN we called are self
 Carpet-clean I think it sounds better des ;D
des at mister clean

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #113 on: February 23, 2005, 10:26:29 pm »
Fantastic,

Sounds like you are getting a better response from leaflets.

Same one or have you changed it.

Lets hope you can now work with New Found Enthusiam

Good Luck

ian.