Simon Gerrard

Re: Marketing
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2016, 05:03:05 pm »
Facebook and facebook advertising are two very different things.....
Everyone should be doing facebook advertising at the moment as it can be very targeted and cost pence compared to adwords.....

Steve,
Any chance of an idiots guide to Facebook advertising?
It seems to be like Adwords, if you know how to do it is a piece of p, but if you don't it's a minefield.

Simon

Steve Chapman

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2016, 05:31:25 pm »
Its all about fine tuning your demographic you are targeting, with facebook you can target types of people more specifically than adwords.

The trick is to start really niche and gradually expand, many people do it the other way round and target thousands of people witha broad spectrum of interests and then it cost them a fortune.

Mark Attwood did a webinar not long ago on facebook advertising, its well worth the £29.00 price tag.

https://attwooddigital.com/

derek west

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2016, 05:38:22 pm »
You can also market your database on facebook.
We've got a new guy doing the Facebook seminar at the TACCA day, Really looking forward to that if i can get an hour off.

tim handley

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2016, 08:31:27 pm »
thats damn good news  Derek................       

Steve Chapman

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2016, 10:09:43 pm »
Yes you can upload your contacts, emails, tel numbers etc and set a campaign to just advertise to them.......

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2016, 10:34:34 pm »
Yes you can upload your contacts, emails, tel numbers etc and set a campaign to just advertise to them.......

Why do that when you can market to them directly and more effective if you go direct rather than fb, with all the distractions etc and cheaper!

Steve Chapman

« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2016, 12:11:07 am »

Why do that when you can market to them directly and more effective if you go direct rather than fb, with all the distractions etc and cheaper!

You do both  ;)

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2016, 02:02:52 am »

You do both  ;)

are you a facebook sales division salesmen? ? ha ha

Robin Ray

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2016, 08:30:46 am »
How often do you leaflet the houses in your area Mike?

Steve Chapman

« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2016, 09:26:22 am »

You do both  ;)

are you a facebook sales division salesmen? ? ha ha

No but i should be  ;D

Also if you upload your contacts facebook can find a whole new audience for you that fit the same critieria as your existing customers, making it much more likely they will become new customers.......

Mike Halliday

« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2016, 03:45:18 pm »
How often do you leaflet the houses in your area Mike?

When I was in full swing it was monthly.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2016, 07:16:42 pm »

We hear much about what I call primary marketing, websites, Adwords,  leaflets, yellow pages  etc etc, but in reality all that does is get you through the door to that first time customer, but they are only ‘a’ customer and not necessarily ‘your’ customer, that only happens through secondary marketing.
 Put simply, secondary marketing is everything you do when in contact with a client and when working in their property. For a first time customer you could say you were on ‘trial,’ and if you want to see that customer again a lot of things have to come together.
1.   They have to both like and trust  you and feel safe with you in their property.
2.   You have to look the part.
3.   You must keep your promises
4.   The quality of your work has got to add up to value for money, irrespective of much or little you charge.
To encapsulate all of that into one sentence, then look at every aspect of your service and focus you entire secondary marketing effort into, ‘putting your customer in a position where they can't get what you do anywhere else.’ If you can achieve that, and it isn't that difficult, then not only will you keep your customers, they will become a third force in your marketing, telling all and sundry about you – for free!!!. Achieve that and your primary marketing costs should gradually shrink down to almost nothing and that is where the profit is in carpet cleaning.

*Hector*

« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2016, 11:26:22 am »

We hear much about what I call primary marketing, websites, Adwords,  leaflets, yellow pages  etc etc, but in reality all that does is get you through the door to that first time customer, but they are only ‘a’ customer and not necessarily ‘your’ customer, that only happens through secondary marketing.
 Put simply, secondary marketing is everything you do when in contact with a client and when working in their property. For a first time customer you could say you were on ‘trial,’ and if you want to see that customer again a lot of things have to come together.
1.   They have to both like and trust  you and feel safe with you in their property.
4.   The quality of your work has got to add up to value for money, irrespective of much or little you charge.
To encapsulate all of that into one sentence, then look at every aspect of your service and focus you entire secondary marketing effort into, ‘putting your customer in a position where they can't get what you do anywhere else.’ If you can achieve that, and it isn't that difficult, then not only will you keep your customers, they will become a third force in your marketing, telling all and sundry about you – for free!!!. Achieve that and your primary marketing costs should gradually shrink down to almost nothing and that is where the profit is in carpet cleaning.

That is very good advice Simon....  :o

I trust that in your book, it goes into depth how all that is achieved the correct way..

I used to get Mrs H chatting to the custard whilst I cleaned the carpets..... We were always recommended as being good, friendly and good value for money.. Most of this I put down to Mrs H's chatting (but never told her that of course).
And like you say, eventually primary marketing was a minimum....
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

Billy Russell

« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2016, 06:34:19 pm »

That is very good advice Simon....  :o

I trust that in your book, it goes into depth how all that is achieved the correct way..

I used to get Mrs H chatting to the custard whilst I cleaned the carpets..... We were always recommended as being good, friendly and good value for money.. Most of this I put down to Mrs H's chatting (but never told her that of course).
And like you say, eventually primary marketing was a minimum....

I've got to be fair, old wiggy does go more into depth about it than I thought it would,

out of all the books I've read (and I've read a few) about this type of business, old wiggy covers and explains stuff that all the others completely miss.

I was hoping when I bought it I was going to be able to rip the pi$$ out of him, but I can't, well, I can, but not about the book :D

well done UBFEC :D

I'm not on commission by the way, the old barstewerd made me pay full price!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wayne zabel

« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2016, 09:29:48 pm »
To anyone in the know.

When doing a FB campaign can you set the time at which your advert reaches a persons newsfeed.

Cant see a point in an advert reaching a newsfeed at 9 in the morning when people are at work and their newsfeed will be full of other stuff by the time they look at FB again.

There must be ideal times to target people,is this possible.

derek west

« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2016, 09:37:19 pm »
your campaign  will display quite high up as soon as they log on.

wayne zabel

« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2016, 10:02:29 pm »
Right thanks Derek.Never understood how these things work

ShaunL

« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2016, 10:39:20 pm »
You can also set what times of the day u want ur advert active

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2016, 08:17:34 am »
Hector,
Yes, it is covered extensively as high levels of service and quality should be  within the DNA of any successful business and yet is often overlooked, which is why much of the focus in the manual is about us and how we go about doing what we do as professional carpet cleaners.

Billy,
Thanks, I think there is a thinly veiled compliment hidden in your comments, but yes, this is a comprehensive look at how a professional carpet cleaning business is started with all of the  parts of a successful business in place from day one. And the cost, well if you apply the contents to your business then it becomes an investment and one that rapidly shrinks  to small change.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STARTING-A-PROFESSIONAL-CARPET-CLEANING-BUSINESS-Training-Manual-/222044089152?hash=item33b2dbeb40:g:N34AAOSwhwdVUga5

Paul Moss

« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2016, 06:10:29 am »
Like Mike I built my business on leaflets. I also got a lot of tips from Mr Halliday on marketing, if you can get him to send you a few of his old ones.
One thing though Mike has left out and this is the most important part about leafleting I have found out. You don't have to have the best leaflet in the world but it has to be decent. I found more before and after pictures worked better than loads of words ( dribble about how good you are or what kit you have).

BUT ..... the main thing is volume of leaflets....consistency  of leaflets...... and hitting the right areas for your type of business.

You need to put 10,000 leaflets out a month......... every month.