eduardo

Alltec uk gone bust??
« on: September 28, 2012, 10:11:21 pm »
Just wanted to ask if anyone can confirm that Alltec has or is closing down? My local supplier seems to think so.is this correct?have they re branded? I been told that they won't bust during the last recession.
I recently received from Alltec some info For a training course, so I need  to know before I consider booking. Any news welcomed.
" When there is nothing to do, there is always cleaning to do!"

Re: Alltec uk gone bust??
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 10:15:47 pm »
Robert Saunders sold it to Chris who rebranded it

eduardo

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 10:34:52 pm »
Hi. Thanks for he prompt reply. So I take it that all is normal apart from ownership.where are they based now?
" When there is nothing to do, there is always cleaning to do!"

Norbert

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 11:14:06 pm »
Hi Eduardo,
Alltec's website shows all their training days for the rest of this year. They are still based at Butts Farm Business Centre, Butts Lane, Fowlmere, Royston, Hertfordshire SG8 7SC. http://www.alltecnetwork.co.uk/

Phil.

stuart_clark

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2012, 10:15:15 am »
I heard it was Robert Saunders that had gone Bust, Altec was bought out by one of the workforce

robert meldrum

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2012, 10:29:56 am »
Time for rumours I suppose........

I thought Alltec had been sold a couple of years ago and Chris left the company with Robert staying on as M D of the new set up.

It's a tough old world these days and there are far more supply companies than the market needs.

Alltec was dependent on mainly Carpet cleaners for their custom whereas companies like Prochem sell directly to Care Homes / Hotels / Offices, etc with chemical supplies being a huge part of their business.

A lot tougher when dealing with small customers with small budgets and additional competition appearing each year.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2012, 12:04:29 pm »
Stuart unless you have an official document that is a very dangerous remark.

Chris D Thomas

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2012, 01:11:30 pm »
Just to set right the rumours, 'Active Chemical Products Ltd' went into liquidation at the end of July - they were the owning company trading as Alltec.  I then purchased the Alltec trading name, tel number & remaining stock through the liquidators. I have retained many of the staff and we have continued with business as usual, concentrating on restocking, improving customer service and generally trying to rebuild the Alltec reputation. We are still in the same premises just off the M11/A505 at Fowlmere, Royston, tel 01763 208222, www.alltec.co.uk. The support I have received from customers old and new has been overwhelming and I am very grateful to everyone that has supported me. Needless to say, all are welcome to pop in and see us! Chris.
Chris Thomas

Doug Holloway

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2012, 03:07:37 pm »
Hi Guys

I was at Alltec last week while Chris sorted out a TM problem for me.

There was a really nice atmosphere and the staff were very pleasant.

Those of us that are nearish Alltec are lucky to have a quality company within driveable distance.

Cheers

Doug

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2012, 04:14:42 pm »
I'm not in close proximity but do use alltec for my tm servicing and repairs they are worth the 2-3 hour, I did mention to chris the last time I was there that was a different more relaxed atmosphere.

Shaun

Paul Moss

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2012, 04:51:06 pm »
So what happened to Robert then?

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2012, 04:56:09 pm »
Think he's Got a new co carrying doing the marketing.

Shaun

Paul Moss

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2012, 04:59:16 pm »
What and all the marketing he did for Alltec  ???

Carpet2Clean

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2012, 05:05:45 pm »
Hi Chris

Keep plugging on mate in this tough time...Looking forward on getting my new spotter bottles from yourself and one day will pop up to try out your new 6.6 machiine.

Richard & Tara

Doug Holloway

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2012, 05:10:15 pm »
Hi Guys

That is the obvious question for Robert to answer but I feel he encouraged others to market their CC businesses but didn't really market his.

Having said that, some are better at tecahing than actually doing, the schools are full of them ;)

Cheers

Doug

Paul Moss

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2012, 05:28:38 pm »
Doug i could not agree more with that ;)

robert meldrum

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2012, 05:33:27 pm »
Careful Paul ...........

AshWhite

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2012, 05:45:18 pm »
I found Rob a bloody nice guy, shame its gone a bit Pete Tong for him but I'm sure he'll be back in the thick of it soon enough.
Carpet Cleaning http://www.floors2show.co.uk
Google Adwords Management http://www.pagecrest.co.uk

Mike Halliday

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2012, 06:05:28 pm »
Hi Guys

That is the obvious question for Robert to answer but I feel he encouraged others to market their CC businesses but didn't really market his.

Having said that, some are better at tecahing than actually doing, the schools are full of them ;)

Cheers

Doug

or he did market his business but his marketing was not up to its hype and didn't actually work ;) ;)

......sorry but i can't help but see the irony of a guy who teaches people how to run a successful business going bankrupt.... although I hear going bankrupt is the new strategy for success
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2012, 08:55:31 pm »
For me it was too cheesy don't forget that we were getting taught the intricacies of it so we could see through the hype.

Shaun

CATMAN

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2012, 09:19:29 pm »

£3600 for The Evolution, is a hard sell. I don't think many will be knocking the door down to buy.  The design looks tired, as does the Rotovac, the carpet cleaning industry has moved on.

Is that were it went wrong for Robert Saunders. First and foremost sell the machines that sell the marketing, that sells the chemicals and the spares. 

Many sleek high performing machines have come to market, and if you don't move with the times, then people will shop elsewhere

john martin

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2012, 09:37:50 pm »

£3600 for The Evolution, is a hard sell. I don't think many will be knocking the door down to buy.  The design looks tired, as does the Rotovac, the carpet cleaning industry has moved on.

Is that were it went wrong for Robert Saunders. First and foremost sell the machines that sell the marketing, that sells the chemicals and the spares. 

Many sleek high performing machines have come to market, and if you don't move with the times, then people will shop elsewhere

interesting  , what machine would u class as sleek / high performance  ?

mark_roberts

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2012, 10:39:00 pm »
Only Robert knows what went wrong but I imagine getting into truckmounts didn't do him any favours.

There's worst cleaning suppliers out there selling a lot worst products which are still around.

Mark

john martin

« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2012, 11:01:38 pm »

Im sure they have lots to do as a priority but i think they could do with an up to date website , if u look at a site like mytee.com its all big images , instant info , links to youtube videos etc , Ashbys seem to moving that way also , and solutions in fairness have a pretty good site .  I would have the Evolution splashed over the main page ,  links to a demo vid  , and perhaps highly visible links to the best chemicals  etc .

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2012, 11:22:29 pm »
Fanning the flames of previous posts I'd have real cfm figures, don't forget though ashbys market is just their website there's no real front of house like solutions with cleantalk etc ashbys have some great innovative products made for web selling.

Shaun

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2012, 11:26:53 pm »
I have always liked Alltec's build quality and design one the best machines i've ever had was a pro plus twin vac. I have no idea how old it is (15 years +?) but it's still my back up machine and has never let me down. The bodies always buff up real nice to. There are only 3 reasons I did not get a tripple vac advance 3 years ago. Too heavy. If I ever needed to get it upstairs it would be a problem, whilst my machine is hardly light it is around 15Kg lighter ish and I have taken it upstairs. The bigger wheels help too. No drop in hose for aux tanks and smaller waste tank around 50% of the solution tank, which meant lots of emptying. Nothing insurmountable but they did sway me in another direction.

Alltec always build a great reliable machine that look good for years and if it suits your circumstances you would not go far wrong.

robert meldrum

« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2012, 12:15:46 am »
Seems a long time ago since I first met Saunders brothers and at that time they were the innovators in carpet cleaning machines and supplies.
They appeared to have all the right ideas and products but just fell down at developing their customer base which is rather ironic considering it's one of the major marketing strategies they preached along with little Joe P.
It's easy for us as spectators to assume what went wrong ( maybe nothing went wrong ) Maybe there just became a lot more choice and easy access via the internet for carpet cleaners.
I used mainly Alltec products a few years ago but when new products appeared elsewhere I tried them and that's been the case for the past five or six years, so I drifted and they failed to get me back as a paying customer as they had nothing similar to the newer products.

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2012, 12:50:48 am »
Forgot about Steve, whatever happened to him? It was always Steve who was happy to help me out even on a Saturday whilst I had a Cleancare machine that ate vac motors, when the pro plus came out I got one more or less straight away. Used Ultimate Master a lot then too. Then of course there was that monster quad vac, not sure if anyone ever brought one of those, wonder what the CFM/lift was on that? All that aside I do wish Chris all the best.

Adrian Marsh

« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2012, 05:18:08 am »
Forgot about Steve, whatever happened to him? It was always Steve who was happy to help me out even on a Saturday whilst I had a Cleancare machine that ate vac motors, when the pro plus came out I got one more or less straight away. Used Ultimate Master a lot then too. Then of course there was that monster quad vac, not sure if anyone ever brought one of those, wonder what the CFM/lift was on that? All that aside I do wish Chris all the best.

Steve S has been at Nu-life stone care for the last few yrs.

PaulKing

« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2012, 07:19:29 am »
Only in the UK do we knock some who goes bust in the states it a case of, we'll these things happen, what you doing next as you have it in you to make a success of things.

So good luck to the fella I remember him starting out when I was I my first few years of this game and they brought a new face and new ideas.

And for the doubters probably not his problem few big bills, and a couple of none paying customers that owe money and bump there she goes.

Let face it you pay all the staff and there's nothing left in the account, no money coming in and the vat man would like £30k, what do you do put your hand in your own pocket to bail out the business that might be in the same position next time around or fold it and walk away. If there wasn't that option you see lots more business owners jumping off bridges.
www.revitaclean.com  established 1968 in Newcastle Upon Tyne

Craigp

« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2012, 08:22:15 am »
Probably a simple case of drop in revenue due to carpet cleaners drop in revenue and spending less, I'm guess all suppliers are feeling the squeeze.

Who would want carpet cleaners as customers, they are all poor, give them a recession they even poorer ;D

Agree with above, I like their machines alot, built to last, my back up is an Alltec Pro Plus.

Evolution looks great.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2012, 09:26:54 am »
Only in the UK do we knock some who goes bust in the states it a case of, we'll these things happen, what you doing next as you have it in you to make a success of things.

So good luck to the fella I remember him starting out when I was I my first few years of this game and they brought a new face and new ideas.

And for the doubters probably not his problem few big bills, and a couple of none paying customers that owe money and bump there she goes.

Let face it you pay all the staff and there's nothing left in the account, no money coming in and the vat man would like £30k, what do you do put your hand in your own pocket to bail out the business that might be in the same position next time around or fold it and walk away. If there wasn't that option you see lots more business owners jumping off bridges.

I  must have missed the post where anyone was knocking him.... The worst  i can see is my post commenting on the irony of him teaching Business success.

Doug Holloway

« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2012, 11:01:39 am »
Hi Guys

I suppose it says something of our industry that both Solutions and latterly Alltec have gone into liquidation and then risen, 'phoenix from the ashes'!

The limited liability laws allow for companies to go bust and then be instantly ressurected with the shareholders/creditors being the losers.

On another thread I was mentioning that Yell/Hibu is about to do the same but it will not affect us as customers as the products, i.e YP and Yell will be sold on as going concerns.

I also mentioned that we need to support our suppliers and maybe not moan because we could get part xyz, £2 cheaper on ebay, support or lose.

Cheers

Doug

robert meldrum

« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2012, 11:34:53 am »
Robert Saunders is NOT a failure........

He set up a supply and maintenance company in a fickle market and was successful for many years but his real love was Marketing and he set out to supply a similar product to the UK market as Joe Polish did so successfully a few years later.

Robert introduced two unique [ at the time ] concepts in order to have a guaranteed stream of " eager buyers " Most on here will know of a similar set up more recently.

To sell Robert's product you had little outlay and only had to attend a one day seminar / training session and also become a member of the Alltec Network.

Had he been more aggressive in his promotion of the above and added unique to members products he may have had more success, but he he teamed up with Joe P.

I liked the Saunders brothers and met them on many occasions. They were genuinely helpful and sincere and a breath of fresh air in a static ( at that time ) market.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2012, 11:51:41 am »
I agree Robert they made me look at customers in a different way the problem with British carpet cleaners are that many of us are not businessmen but looking for a 'bit of work' don't forget 'we are just carpet cleaners'!

I'm a businessman who so happens to clean carpets I also have other parts to my business empire (well probably not an empire more of a coup) but each decision I make does not affect my carpet cleaning but can affect my business and income.

Shaun

robert meldrum

« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2012, 02:35:28 pm »
I've kind of decided to " take on the world " again Shaun so looking to ruffle a few feathers mainly just for the hell of it but usually to challenge beliefs.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2012, 02:48:17 pm »
Keep it up us carpet cleaners are like lemmings anyway we need a kick up La derrière!

Shaun

Mike Halliday

« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2012, 03:23:41 pm »
Hi Guys

I suppose it says something of our industry that both Solutions and latterly Alltec have gone into liquidation and then risen, 'phoenix from the ashes'!

The limited liability laws allow for companies to go bust and then be instantly ressurected with the shareholders/creditors being the losers.

On another thread I was mentioning that Yell/Hibu is about to do the same but it will not affect us as customers as the products, i.e YP and Yell will be sold on as going concerns.

I also mentioned that we need to support our suppliers and maybe not moan because we could get part xyz, £2 cheaper on ebay, support or lose.

Cheers
Doug

I actually think the opisite, they  should be supporting us, we are their livelihood.....iit's liike having an allotment to feed your family you need to care for it, cultivate it, feed it.

it you want It to bear fruit look after it.

I.m constantly looking for ways to better serve my customers, they need to do the same.

Garyj

« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2012, 04:16:07 pm »
So how do you propose they support you better?

john martin

« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2012, 04:28:14 pm »

Bit of googling  ...  It was called the Alltec Millennium  ,  One of the owners was Nick from solutions  , perhaps if he sees this he could chime in with a review   :)

Still a couple of quad vacs made in the states ,  Most recent version would be would be Mytee's escape plus ETM i suppose ...
Im sure a remake of the millennium using modern motors would be more powerfull beast ... for eg ,  Electro have a two stage with almost the same performance as the 6.6motor but just over 6amps @ 230v .

But i think a twin series booster for the Evolution might be a more practical solution for most , unless it was a dedicated van mounted ETM .

Mike Halliday

« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2012, 05:09:41 pm »

perhaps as simply as asking the same question.... "how can we support your better?" ........ever had a supplier ask you this?

*Hector*

« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2012, 05:16:06 pm »
Only 1... and they now take paypal orders 24 hours a day.. :o :o
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

Garyj

« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2012, 05:22:30 pm »

perhaps as simply as asking the same question.... "how can we support your better?" ........ever had a supplier ask you this?

I think its pretty much agreed on here that all the suppliers (except 1) offer impecable
customer service. Solutions, Cleansmart, Hydromaster, Restoremate, Alltec and Amtech
all readily give out free advice and some even offer a free forum. Suppose the obvious answer and the one you are looking for is for someone to say "lower prices". But then on the other hand jumping up and down and whinging when someone local drops their prices or does a Groupon deal.

Barry Livingstone

« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2012, 05:24:34 pm »
Dont be Silly MIKE all they want is our cash, yes some may be HELPFUL in ways but they aren't going to walk hand in hand with you!

Its always been said carpet cleaning is easy to get into, its never been easier for a newBie to get great results as the machines and chemicals are better, than they were 10 years ago.

Barry
Carpet, Upholstery cleaning & hard floor cleaning.
                     Fife, perth and tayside.

Chris D Thomas

« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2012, 05:52:27 pm »
Only 1... and they now take paypal orders 24 hours a day.. :o :o

Our poor excuse for a website (yes, I admit it is ;) ) takes paypal orders 24/7 :D  :D  :D

Improved website aside, what would you guys like to see from us suppliers?
Chris Thomas

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2012, 05:57:43 pm »
The idea of offering superior customer service is so customers don't buy on price and buy on support irrelevant if it's carpet cleaning or equipment supplies places like John Lewis offer great service but comet IMO don't but I bet I could barter comet down to beat John Lewis prices but I won't get the same level of understanding if the item needs returning if faulty.

Shaun

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2012, 06:01:38 pm »
I'd like to see truck mounts ;D

Shaun

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2012, 06:26:27 pm »
A lot of the Guys I met on visits to Alltec had sunk all their hopes and dreams into making Carpet Cleaning Work

I think suppliers have a moral duty when they sell them a new machine to help them make the business  work. There are many Marketing statergies that beginers could be taught not just the Joe Polish onces  the more business they do the more chance of selling machines

Robert nearly had it right but his support often came at a high price  and as Mike said there was a lot of hype and often you felt you had been invited to events under  under false pretencis

Example The Green Cleaning day no mention of having to pay out a substational amount to join Network the impresion was given you just needed to buy the products .

When I enquired on behalf of a School, about Products being Safe for Children  as it says on the tin I never got an answer and to a certain extent got short shift .

I also got acused at one stage of having too many Free lunches  usually part of the hype to get you to the event. I did point out I recipricated by buying Chemicals when I was there.

Then there was attempt to Start Forum only problem was after the intial flury the experts did not answer the questions

Probably no such thing as a Free Lunch.

On the other hand I had a lot of respect for Alltec and Robert I am  sad for him

I would like to put this suggestion

Start A carpet Cleaning Company employing Staff you are a free agent now. 

Chris did hit nail on head about improving Customer Service especialy when you phone in with problems ensure customer receives a response fast. Check emails also.

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2012, 06:55:42 pm »
I bet you all the money in the world that he wont start a carpeting cleaning business emplying staff, with all his busineess and marketing know how. There's alot more money to be made selling marketing courses etc  ;)

Does anyone know for sure that the business went tits up? Maybe he just sold it (as itwasn't making enough for him) or to start something new? (sorry not read the full thread.

Tony