eduardo

Alltec uk gone bust??
« on: September 28, 2012, 10:11:21 pm »
Just wanted to ask if anyone can confirm that Alltec has or is closing down? My local supplier seems to think so.is this correct?have they re branded? I been told that they won't bust during the last recession.
I recently received from Alltec some info For a training course, so I need  to know before I consider booking. Any news welcomed.
" When there is nothing to do, there is always cleaning to do!"

Re: Alltec uk gone bust??
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 10:15:47 pm »
Robert Saunders sold it to Chris who rebranded it

eduardo

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 10:34:52 pm »
Hi. Thanks for he prompt reply. So I take it that all is normal apart from ownership.where are they based now?
" When there is nothing to do, there is always cleaning to do!"

Norbert

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 11:14:06 pm »
Hi Eduardo,
Alltec's website shows all their training days for the rest of this year. They are still based at Butts Farm Business Centre, Butts Lane, Fowlmere, Royston, Hertfordshire SG8 7SC. http://www.alltecnetwork.co.uk/

Phil.

stuart_clark

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2012, 10:15:15 am »
I heard it was Robert Saunders that had gone Bust, Altec was bought out by one of the workforce

robert meldrum

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2012, 10:29:56 am »
Time for rumours I suppose........

I thought Alltec had been sold a couple of years ago and Chris left the company with Robert staying on as M D of the new set up.

It's a tough old world these days and there are far more supply companies than the market needs.

Alltec was dependent on mainly Carpet cleaners for their custom whereas companies like Prochem sell directly to Care Homes / Hotels / Offices, etc with chemical supplies being a huge part of their business.

A lot tougher when dealing with small customers with small budgets and additional competition appearing each year.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2012, 12:04:29 pm »
Stuart unless you have an official document that is a very dangerous remark.

Chris D Thomas

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2012, 01:11:30 pm »
Just to set right the rumours, 'Active Chemical Products Ltd' went into liquidation at the end of July - they were the owning company trading as Alltec.  I then purchased the Alltec trading name, tel number & remaining stock through the liquidators. I have retained many of the staff and we have continued with business as usual, concentrating on restocking, improving customer service and generally trying to rebuild the Alltec reputation. We are still in the same premises just off the M11/A505 at Fowlmere, Royston, tel 01763 208222, www.alltec.co.uk. The support I have received from customers old and new has been overwhelming and I am very grateful to everyone that has supported me. Needless to say, all are welcome to pop in and see us! Chris.
Chris Thomas

Doug Holloway

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2012, 03:07:37 pm »
Hi Guys

I was at Alltec last week while Chris sorted out a TM problem for me.

There was a really nice atmosphere and the staff were very pleasant.

Those of us that are nearish Alltec are lucky to have a quality company within driveable distance.

Cheers

Doug

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2012, 04:14:42 pm »
I'm not in close proximity but do use alltec for my tm servicing and repairs they are worth the 2-3 hour, I did mention to chris the last time I was there that was a different more relaxed atmosphere.

Shaun

Paul Moss

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2012, 04:51:06 pm »
So what happened to Robert then?

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2012, 04:56:09 pm »
Think he's Got a new co carrying doing the marketing.

Shaun

Paul Moss

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2012, 04:59:16 pm »
What and all the marketing he did for Alltec  ???

Carpet2Clean

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2012, 05:05:45 pm »
Hi Chris

Keep plugging on mate in this tough time...Looking forward on getting my new spotter bottles from yourself and one day will pop up to try out your new 6.6 machiine.

Richard & Tara

Doug Holloway

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2012, 05:10:15 pm »
Hi Guys

That is the obvious question for Robert to answer but I feel he encouraged others to market their CC businesses but didn't really market his.

Having said that, some are better at tecahing than actually doing, the schools are full of them ;)

Cheers

Doug

Paul Moss

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2012, 05:28:38 pm »
Doug i could not agree more with that ;)

robert meldrum

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2012, 05:33:27 pm »
Careful Paul ...........

AshWhite

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2012, 05:45:18 pm »
I found Rob a bloody nice guy, shame its gone a bit Pete Tong for him but I'm sure he'll be back in the thick of it soon enough.
Carpet Cleaning http://www.floors2show.co.uk
Google Adwords Management http://www.pagecrest.co.uk

Mike Halliday

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2012, 06:05:28 pm »
Hi Guys

That is the obvious question for Robert to answer but I feel he encouraged others to market their CC businesses but didn't really market his.

Having said that, some are better at tecahing than actually doing, the schools are full of them ;)

Cheers

Doug

or he did market his business but his marketing was not up to its hype and didn't actually work ;) ;)

......sorry but i can't help but see the irony of a guy who teaches people how to run a successful business going bankrupt.... although I hear going bankrupt is the new strategy for success
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2012, 08:55:31 pm »
For me it was too cheesy don't forget that we were getting taught the intricacies of it so we could see through the hype.

Shaun