QED

My new wfp backpack/ trolly.
« on: July 26, 2005, 10:17:26 pm »
 ;D What dya think.
Does anyone use screen wash in there wfp systems?

Re: My new wfp backpack/ trolly.
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2005, 10:24:38 pm »
Nice back pack, would be interested to know the cost and if it is any good. We have a Shureflo backpack which we use at the back of clients houses if it is to far to get the hoses out.

As for using screen wash - I would have to say No. If your water has a TDS of 0 - you should not need it, unless you had very greasy windows, then maybe use the screen wash first, but i would not have it in my wfp water.

Andrew

QED

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2005, 08:27:21 am »
HI i think the backpack is brilliant ;D It lasts me all day on a overnight charge. It has a 12v battery and shurflo 45psi pump
I find it a bit heavy on my back when full so I purchased a folding trolly/sack trucks on ebay for £19.99. these make it a lot easyer
to move around. The backpack was £260+vat so it worked out about £305 with vat and postage from www.cleantech.co.uk
it also has variable speed. I have a 18' alloy pole with vikan brush the white one with plastic jets. I found the jets to be to big so i heated the ends up then flatened them off and then drilled new smaller holes in the ends of the jets about 1.5mm. now its a lot better and i only use the backpack on the low setting.

simon.

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2005, 10:14:14 am »
Hi again Simon,

I am going to shock you now, my Shurflo backpack is very similar to your pack, however it has three speed settings and also and audio beep for low water level and for battery running low.

Now here is the shock, this retail much the same £260 + Vat and postage. I imported mine from the states, I paid £70 for the backpack £70 postage and £40 import tax total amount £180.00 and it is the latest Shurflo model.

I do have the same complaint though - I have a client who has a side window on her house and the only way to get to it is via a side field. So I had to strap the backpack on and walk half mile up this field, I wasn’t happy lol, needless to say I emptied it out to do the return journey. Good idea about the trolley, I will look into that now.

Andrew

matt

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2005, 10:22:04 am »
QED

pop over to

http://www.d.co.uk/

and tell us about it on the forum, its a site dedicated to D I Y W F P building

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2005, 10:50:32 am »

Hi again Simon,

I am going to shock you now, my Shurflo backpack is very similar to your pack, however it has three speed settings and also and audio beep for low water level and for battery running low.

Now here is the shock, this retail much the same £260 + Vat and postage. I imported mine from the states, I paid £70 for the backpack £70 postage and £40 import tax total amount £180.00 and it is the latest Shurflo model.

I do have the same complaint though - I have a client who has a side window on her house and the only way to get to it is via a side field. So I had to strap the backpack on and walk half mile up this field, I wasn’t happy lol, needless to say I emptied it out to do the return journey. Good idea about the trolley, I will look into that now.

Andrew

hi could you tell me where you got the backpack from? thanks

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2005, 11:09:29 am »
Hi Callum,

I had it imported from a supplier in the US - I have just sent him an email to find out how many he has available and if the prices are still the same.

It may be possible, if enough people are interested to get a discount on bulk ordering, but i will have to wait and see. I should have an answer from them by tonight.

Andrew

Ray Pickering

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2005, 04:37:24 pm »
Hi Simon.

I don't know nothing about WFP-- How many houses would your backpack clean?

Ray.

gaza

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2005, 09:37:43 pm »
RAY :if you want to see wfp in action give me a call.Ithink youve got me no,if not will be around your street shortly.

gaza
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

dougster

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2005, 10:22:50 pm »
would be interested in a back pack from the states at the right price, let me know how much cheers dougster

QED

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2005, 10:58:11 pm »
Take a look at this item on ebay just copy and paste this number in the search box. 4357356582.

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2005, 08:17:09 am »
Hi everyone,

check the items for sale forum, as i have received word back from the States on the Backpack - all details are listed for you.

Andrew

williamx

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2005, 08:03:07 pm »