t.morris

new wfp
« on: July 24, 2005, 05:42:16 pm »
i got a new wfp tried it on my own windows loads of times sometimes they come ok but most of the time there is spots i tried lots of different methods but same thing keeps happening tds reading is 000. Can someone please give advise.

williamx

Re: new wfp
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2005, 06:21:59 pm »
Can you describe what the windows you are cleaning like (what the frames are made of - are they painted if so whats the condition - are the double glazed and so on)

Ian_Giles

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2005, 06:32:04 pm »
William makes a good point, we need a little more info to be able to help!

Generally if the windows are UPVC they will come up really good, if the frames are wooden or aluminium then there can be problems depending on the condition of them.

Regards,

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

t.morris

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2005, 08:03:03 am »
The frames are all upvc and double glazed.

eddie d

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2005, 05:43:55 pm »
 they should come up well.or perhaps they are powdercoated.perhaps your pumping out to much water and hitting the fashia, dirt dripping down.maybe the vents are holding a lot of dirt.there must be a reason

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2005, 05:58:50 pm »
Hi

I think you should try concentrating on the tops of the frames, clean them but don’t over wet them, let them then dry out, then clean them again, once the second clean on the tops of the frames has dried, clean the actual glass, but don’t go right to the top and hit the top frame. This should stop 95% of your spotting. I would also concentrate on your rinsing, you need to rinse the window properly once washed, start from the top and go side to side working your way down (don’t rinse the top of the frame though). Hopefully this will help you. If not, use a window degreaser on your windows first, then wash them.

Another Problem might be the brush you are using, some Viking brushes brake up as they are used and this can cause spotting. Take a look at the end of your brush; if the bristles are split at the end (fuzzy looking) your brush is too soft and not adequate for window cleaning, designed more for fascia board cleaning.

Andrew

t.morris

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2005, 08:57:18 am »
thanks for the advise lads much appreciated i will try what u said .