gacleaning

HIGH PRICES
« on: July 23, 2005, 11:54:01 am »
IVE ONLY BEEN A MEMBER ON THIS FORUM FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS NOW (AND I MUST SAY ITS A DAMN GOOD FORUM)

I CANT HELP READING ABOUT THE PRICES THE MAJORITY OF PEOPLE CHARGE ON HERE

I SEE PEOPLE CHARGEING OVER £10 POUNDS FOR 3-4 BEDROOM HOUSES ON HERE

IF I PUT MY PRICES UP TO THAT AMOUNT OVER TIME I COULDNT GET THAT MUCH FOR A 3-4 BED HOUSE FOR LOVE OR MONEY

PLEASE TELL ME HOW DO YOU IT
CUSTOMER SATISFACTION IS NUMBER 1

gacleaning

Re: HIGH PRICES
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2005, 12:25:43 pm »
IS THERE ANY CHANCE SOMEONE OUT THERE COULD SHOW ME AN EXAMPLE OF THE PRICE STRUCTURE THEY USE?

IT WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2005, 04:45:17 pm »
Hi i dont charge anything under a tenner but i dont do "traditional "either only inside.

My prices reflect that i have 5,000,000 of liability,i am with the nfmw&gc and i have wfp without having to hire platforms etc.

There are no other cleaners in my area  with the equipment i have but even if there was there is enough for everyone.

I have learned that the genuine people who want thier windows cleaned on a regular basis will pay 10 or over because they havent been able to get a reliable one in the past.

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2005, 04:46:19 pm »

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2005, 05:23:14 pm »
Shameless showing off of your equipment there Easyclean!

Stunning looking setup though.

Wouldn't mind that myself, but there's a few quid's worth there. :'(

Roger.

gacleaning

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2005, 05:30:52 pm »
easy cleans just showing off now! lol  ::)

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2005, 06:58:10 pm »
gac - how often are your cleans - I do monthly and charge ten and up with no probs - I tell them I am contactable (unlike their previous w/c invariably) and will clean every window every time (unlike....) - i also phone them up day before as reminder - that helps with payments and being professional - maybe try getting some new ones in at the higher price ;)

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2005, 07:13:53 pm »
lol....thats not me showing off....this is and with cheezzy smile..lol

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2005, 07:15:33 pm »
Dayglo dude. :D

What a big hose you've got.

simbo

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2005, 09:23:56 pm »
I do all the same things as davindo, someone rings for quote i say if you are looking for a cheap cleaner with a dirty rag, then you have called the wrong person, but if you want someone that brushes all frames sills cleans glass then wies over frames , then i'm yours
ps got three new today bungalows £8 £10 £12 no prob and i will not need to up price for 2 years. SELL SELL SELL YOURSELF
paul

Philip Hanson

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2005, 09:25:40 pm »
no window cleaner should be earning less than £20 per hour with ladders, and if you use WFP it should not be less than £35 per hour.

If you're not getting that, then you need to review your business.

EASYCLEAN: is that a merlin RO in your van, and did Tucker supply that wit your system?

-Philip
Editor, Professional Window Cleaner Magazine

"The irony of the information age is that it has given new respectability to uninformed opinion"
John Lawton

baldeagle

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2005, 11:27:45 pm »
How much? You wouldn't survive one hour here!!

Try them prices on most of my customers and they would set about you and mug you!

I work a tough area of Stafford where most people are single parents on benefits.

Occasionally, a misguided and uninformed driving school instructor will bring a pupil down for a three point turn in the narrow roads.

Having had the kids jump on top of the car and smash the windows, they don't come back!

They look after me 'cos they see me as "one of the family".

Baldeagle.

"John the Window Cleaner."
A business founded during the Elizabethan age.

H h20

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2005, 11:34:13 pm »
no window cleaner should be earning less than £20 per hour with ladders, and if you use WFP it should not be less than £35 per hour.

If you're not getting that, then you need to review your business.

EASYCLEAN: is that a merlin RO in your van, and did Tucker supply that wit your system?

-Philip
  :o WHAT £35 pr hr, i`m also from staffordshire same as baldeagle,he`s so right,you either have no competition or you live in a very well off area.

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2005, 11:46:35 pm »
great forum but imzzzz inm afew minutes and ineed happy birydays please
listen,learn.and benefit. try. reward.and love, peace harmony.feng shui. and all that. it improves ones selling .to ones customers.reap THE HARVEST WHILST YOU CAN. and try to crush the opposition.

H h20

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2005, 11:52:00 pm »
great forum but imzzzz inm afew minutes and ineed happy birydays please
are you drinking?

« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2005, 11:53:49 pm »
ITS MY BIRTHDAY 7 MINUTES
listen,learn.and benefit. try. reward.and love, peace harmony.feng shui. and all that. it improves ones selling .to ones customers.reap THE HARVEST WHILST YOU CAN. and try to crush the opposition.

H h20

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2005, 11:55:52 pm »

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2005, 12:01:02 am »
Straighten up and fly right...
Yeah No County outside the rich south east/west is makin bacon in the same way.
But, hey, its all relative.
Horses for courses
Pj

Philip Hanson

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2005, 01:56:39 am »
Seriously guys,  its my mission to make sure that NO pro window cleaner earns less than £20 per hour, and I'm prepared to share how to do it.

Staffordshire is not a downtrodden or deprived area, and even if it were, there are always householders who will pay for a good service.  Window cleaners who come on these forums generally have a more serious attitude to the business of window cleaning than a general 'ropey joe' window cleaner we see too many of, and I'm pretty sure that most of us here could easily command at least £20 per hour using ladders.

Window cleaning is changing, and we who are pros can rightly distinguish ourselves from non-pros who think window cleaning is easy money.  Let these types have customers who are not prepared to pay a fair price, and we will take those customers who appreciate a good and professional service.

A high price gives an implication of quality, and people are always prepared to pay for good service.  Present yourself well, and price becomes a secondary issue.

-Philip
Editor, Professional Window Cleaner Magazine

"The irony of the information age is that it has given new respectability to uninformed opinion"
John Lawton

Marc's on the Glass, LLC

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2005, 03:21:21 am »
Totally agree Phil.

I pull down $100/hr here.  Two reasons why:

1.  The places I work I saturate, so I don't lose time driving or setting up.

2.  I price my work to make that for me (that's pro speed)   8)

I definitely charge more than many w/c here.  The reason I get the work is because of professionalism; quality of work; reliablility. 

There is becoming a greater demand on professional services because more folks are working and lack the time to care for property maintenance, etc...Those who maintain these qualities edify our profession.  As more pro w/c succeed with their business and in creating a positive image, our trade will get more recognized, valued, and viewed as a household need (or commercial/industrial).

I encourage everyone to set the bar high...for your service, image, and price.  Demand the best from yourself and your customers.  I wish you the best!!!