texas girl

calendar pic
« on: July 03, 2005, 09:11:32 pm »
Hey dudes!

Finally got a pic up for July. This pic was taken today at my house.

Been on a roller coaster of emotion because of my son's death. It is really hard. Realizing the finality of the fact that I am truely never going to see my son again; ever; on this earth is sinking in.

But The Lord is sooooo good. All things are manageable through God.

Take care and hope everyone is making some good money this week.

Hugs and Blessings,

Debbie
Debbie

rosskesava

Re: calendar pic
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2005, 09:55:30 pm »
Hi Texas

Nice scenery  ;D

Take care. These things take time. Hang on in there.

I understand that final understanding that you will never see your son again on this earth. That is hard.

My heart goes out to you.

Cheers

Ross

s.hughes

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2005, 07:20:41 am »
Hi Texas girl.
Nice view, what a place to live, only for you it dosnt compensate. We can all only imagine how hard this time is for you.
All the best.
Nice to see you on the forum.

Steveyboy

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2005, 11:37:11 am »
Hi Texas Girl  - good to know your faith is helping you in this tough time
is that how you dress for work - if not can you post us a pic of how to dress in the Texan sun
do you use waterfed pole system there

cheers,  Red

p.s. it's raining buckets here

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2005, 06:13:37 pm »
Hi Texas girl.

If we all looked that good we'd have our pictures on here too, but most of them probably wouldn't be too pretty!

All the best at this difficult time.

Roger.

p.s.  Red's right, it's horrible here. Hailstones on my head half the day. >:(

s.hughes

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2005, 06:42:02 pm »
I've had a great day. No rain, some sunshine although it did forcast rain, it never came.
I've no doubt we will get it tomorrow.

Steveyboy

Jake

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2005, 07:20:00 pm »
Texas girl

Just printed off your calender pic for July, and it's on the wall!               
Now if only I could concentrate enough to get some invoices done!

Regards Jake, (can't wait for August!)
Exeter, Devon

rosskesava

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2005, 11:46:07 pm »
Hi Texas

How about a full size picture ........... or is or am i ............. oh well i guess you know by now what I mean.

Cheers

Ross

simbag

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2005, 03:27:27 pm »
Have you guys actually checked out the calendar?

Phwoar!!!! :o

The website:

www.windowcleaningcalendar.com

Think you'll find what your asking for there Ross!

Debbie, have you had many offers of pics from else where yet?

Best wishes, I (and the rest of this forum, I'm sure) would like to to raise a glass to your son. I obviously didn't know him, but he undoubtedly meant the world to you

Take care,

Simon

texas girl

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2005, 03:33:40 am »
Hey Simon,

And All replies; thanks for your kind words; and all is in fun for this calendar thing.

Actually  I have had very little input with pics but welcome any because this is just for fun. You will need to email me pics; go to my profile. I will change pics often! I have a couple of very good ones showing upper floor services.

Whatever my pics may portray keep in mind that I have been cleaning windows for 25 years. I began with one customer like you.

I can handle many challenges when it comes to window cleaning; I am "one of the guys" so to speak. WFP and 3 story cleaning are out of my league, but I love the business like you all. I love window cleaning. WFP is not common because we do lots of insides. I admire the WFP aspect.

I stay really busy doing 2 stories and floor level residential and commercial. I am moving more towards residential   because most of my competition is in commercial(small visible jobs).

There are a couple of new services charging peanuts and I say let them have peanuts. Work smart not hard.

There is more $ in residential over here. Done less often but pay really well. Volume is key.

One of these days we all have to meet somewhere. In case you haven't thought about it lately; window cleaners are a particular breed; SMART!

No matter what your status; there are fantastic opportunities in window cleaning.

It is a respectful proffession. A needed service. Specialty. 

I manage 90% these days or I may be in trouble lately because I have been up and down; hate it. Haven't been on the ball. Regulars; Yellow pages and reputation carrying it all. :o Right now the crew is good. 

Thanks again guys; you are the best.  How could we all develope character if everything in life came easily?

Life is good.  ;D That has to be our focus. Window cleaning is fun. There is something about seeing the results of our labor instantly. Satisfaction. We make people happy.

Love you all,

Debbie :-* :-* :-*
Debbie

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2005, 03:27:37 pm »
Debbie,

I have some comments about your tools and equipment you're using in the pic.

Firstly, step ladders are meant to be the most dangerous ladders in a window cleaner's repitoire.  Get some A-Frames.

Secondly, a tool belt would be far safer than putting squeegies in your pocket, or holding them in your hands while your climbing any type of ladder.

Thirdly, nice pic!

matt

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2005, 06:58:05 pm »
i must add this, i know i shouldnt, but i must

in your left hand, its that a pair of your panties  ;D ;D ;D

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2005, 08:00:02 pm »
Well, somebody had to lower the tone.  ::)

Your response Debbie? Not Graham's are they? ;)

Roger.

matt

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2005, 08:05:09 pm »
Well, somebody had to lower the tone.  ::)

Roger.
is that what they are called where you come from, ive never heard them called "tones"  ;D ;D ;D

Marc's on the Glass, LLC

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2005, 01:02:12 am »
Hey Debbie!

Do you have a pic for August yet?  I know you are busy and have been through a lot.   :)  I was just wondering.

Marc