g.brookes

bank transfer reference
« on: December 09, 2012, 08:39:40 pm »
even though i clearly state on my cards to leave their address as the reference its amazing how many people put their name as a reference, or even just 'window cleaner'.  makes it so hard to know who the hell has paid you

davids3511

Re: bank transfer reference
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 08:45:28 pm »
even though i clearly state on my cards to leave their address as the reference its amazing how many people put their name as a reference, or even just 'window cleaner'.  makes it so hard to know who the hell has paid you
Its a pain but once you figure it out once it isn't a problem for that customer again. I have a few I need to sit down and investigate. It's a process of elimination really.

Jakey boy

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 08:55:52 pm »
I'm the same, I stress on my ticket for them to leave an address, yet so many don't, really annoying

jr windows

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 09:04:32 pm »
I've had £15 in cash posted, with a note saying keep the change as its Christmas.
No name or address and I don't even know how much it's for ??

KS Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2012, 09:13:56 pm »
I've had £15 in cash posted, with a note saying keep the change as its Christmas.
No name or address and I don't even know how much it's for ??
Probably £14 ;)

jr windows

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2012, 09:18:03 pm »
No 1 thing on my Christmas wish list,
A crystal ball

andyjm1

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2012, 09:22:55 pm »
I had someone the other day text me to say she'd paid but there was nowhere to put her address, should've asked which bank it was but maybe it explains why some payments come through without a reference.

richywilts

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2012, 09:41:42 am »
we use window cleaner pro and each customer gets a reference number most people use this with there surname but some send it blank, some send it in their girlfriend or husbands surname etc etc can be a real pain we had it with a posh couple who sent 40quid i was hounding him saying weve not recieved payment and low and behold it was paid in but in a completely different name luckily we had a laugh about it
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

roundbuilder

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2012, 10:12:03 am »
I have had many over the years. K just wIt for them to tell me that they dont owe twicw then a ask there surname and 9 times out of 10 its where they didnt put address as reference. And people think us shiners are dim!!

Window Washers

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2012, 02:17:54 pm »
I have had many over the years. K just wIt for them to tell me that they dont owe twicw then a ask there surname and 9 times out of 10 its where they didnt put address as reference. And people think us shiners are dim!!
i love it when they use ref as window cleaner or window washers.
bill them a late fee they dont forget again  ;D

i use the following: ref(followed by a customer number)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Mike #1

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2012, 05:38:49 am »
Use a different colour mate on my slips Please use your address as a reference is in blue the rest is in black apart from Please ensure payment is made in 3 days been in red .

It is the ones who are not paying that i have trouble with they either avoid paying or are not sure it is off me and dont bother finding out until i go knocking on door for money. Mike

steven ainger

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2012, 08:46:38 am »
What i have on the bottom of my slips is.

CUSTOMER REF:- .......................................
                            ( first line of your address )

Then i write in the first line on the dotted line

steve rix

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2012, 10:43:49 am »
We use a spreadsheet to record all untraceable payments. Date of payment, amount, name(if any). Usually find them when they complain we have billed them twice.
The real problem with us are the ones who pay cash into ouir account at a branch!