tom2009

pressure wash pricing
« on: March 17, 2010, 09:55:29 pm »
evening all.  :)  I've been asked to give a price to wash 76 sq. m of block paving for some one I clean for. Moss and lichen grow in every joint with some tufts of grass. Not something I do a lot of so thought I'd hire a pressure washer and go from there. How should I go about pricing this?

cleaner-exteriors

Re: pressure wash pricing
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 09:58:57 pm »
i would price at £3.00 msq, which includes re sanding, its up to you wether you want to add on hire price for the pressure washer

BDCS

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 10:40:11 pm »
I'm at £3/m = £228 for 3 hours cleaning and 30 mins sanding, £3 for sand, £10 for petrol so  I think you can afford to wear the hire cost

tom2009

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 01:26:24 pm »
whats best to get the moss out, the rotating head or the lance. Also obvious answer to this i suppose but you put the sand down later when its all dried out, yeh? so that means going back if its a dull day. Thaks for your replies so far. Tom.

Blast Off Stoke

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 03:41:15 pm »
For getting the moss out you will find fsc will struggle if there is a lot of it , a turbo nozzle will shift it better but may cause more splashing.
As for re-sanding its best left for 2 dry days ,afetr one day it may seem dry on the surface but usually damp inbetween the joints and wont re-sand properly.

Alan McTernan

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2010, 07:35:04 pm »
Have you got no one local you could sub it too who would give you a finders fee?

As thats what i do when i get enquires for internal & window cleaning and vice versa!!!! ;)

BDCS where do you get your sand from because i would say allow 3 bags for 76m2 and i pay £4 a bag!!!

I am obviously getting shafted :-[

Regards
Alan

tom2009

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2010, 08:12:01 pm »
thanks for all of your help, i'm gonna crack on myself as could be a nice little earner. Can see it taking a bit longer than 3 hours but who knows. cheers anyway ;D

dan hughes

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2010, 08:46:02 pm »
Have you got no one local you could sub it too who would give you a finders fee?

As thats what i do when i get enquires for internal & window cleaning and vice versa!!!! ;)

BDCS where do you get your sand from because i would say allow 3 bags for 76m2 and i pay £4 a bag!!!

I am obviously getting shafted :-[

Regards
Alan

Just what I was thinking ! ::)

BDCS

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2010, 11:19:45 pm »
Wickes £3.17 a bag, you will use more sand depending on how you clean it. With a FSC you will remove less sand than with a turbo which also depends on the angle you aim it. Even if you use 3 bags on 76m its only a tenner. Tumbled cobbles gulp sand and blocks use a lot less if the cuts are nice, anyway its hardly a major financial outlay. I usually buy a quantity of sand at the start of the summer and get the bulk price

Alan McTernan

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2010, 07:01:33 am »
I use Build Center for sand as when ever i get it from Wickes it is nearly always damp in the bag, wich is ok on a nice hot day which is a bit rare ;D

I have bought it in bulk before but found it a pain to store and how annoying is it when the bag splits as the sand flows like a river all over he place

Cheers
Alan ;)

BDCS

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2010, 08:26:45 am »
wickes near me keep their sand inside - b&q keep it outside

Alan McTernan

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2010, 02:47:50 pm »
Carl, Wickes near you is a bit far for me to travel ;)