Philip Hanson

New Magazine for Window Cleaners
« on: October 06, 2004, 11:27:15 pm »
Hello

I know you are involved in general cleaning here, but in case you're interested (maybe you have a little to do with window cleaning?) or know of someone that might be:

I am very pleased to annonce the Publication of a brand new  magazine:

Professional Window Cleaner magazine

This Magazine will address the issues that us window cleaners face with a critical eye.  It will report on industry news, legislation affecting window cleaning, developments in our trade and many more issues besides.
We'll be asking all the awkward questions and reporting fully on our results.

The initial publishing stages are being kindly supported by The British Window Cleaning Academy

You can receive more information about the magazine by visiting the PWC website:

www.professionalwindowcleaner.co.uk

Fill in the "info request" form to be sent free information.

Among the first of the articles will be:

The Temporary Work at Height Directive
an in-depth look at exactly what the new legislation says, with comment form the HSE on how it will be applied.  Ladder stability devices tested and commented on.

Industry Focus - Water-Fed Poles
WFP systems explored in detail.
  -How they work
  -what features to look for
  -what the benefits are
  -A different system examined each issue

Window Cleaning - A Changing Industry
A look at how our trade is undergoing the most revolutionary changes seen for decades

The Return of The BWCA
Window Cleaning welcomes back professional training.

Product News
The latest equipment becoming available.  We'll see if its any good.

A special "Preview" edition of the magazine is being produced in time for the WINDEX exhibition, which will contain some summarised articles. 
(Look out for it)

Following Windex, the first full edition will be produced a few weeks later.  There will be 6 issues produced every year.

I am very excited about the release of this magazine, and I very much hope that it is well received by window cleaners.  Having spoken to many colleagues here and elsewhere, I really do think a publication like this is long overdue for the window cleaning industry.

-Philip
Editor, Professional Window Cleaner Magazine

"The irony of the information age is that it has given new respectability to uninformed opinion"
John Lawton