jamiesroom

PORTERING AND GENERAL CLEANING HELP WITH TENDER PRICE??
« on: October 03, 2004, 12:01:29 am »
Hello there....I need some help pricing a tender for a portering job which has some cleaning work involved though the cleaning is minimal and it basically involves someone making sure that the correct people are allowed to enter the building plus some general cleaning like vacuuming and general cleaning of the residential premises. The hours are 9 hours a day monday to friday plus about 5 hours on a saturday and i wanted some help working out what to charge on top of the wages, holiday pay, employers national insurance contributions etc in terms of a profit margin so that i can work out what the general tender price should be. Any help would be most gratefully received.

Many thanks.

Musicman

Re: PORTERING AND GENERAL CLEANING HELP WITH TENDER PRICE??
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2004, 01:25:57 am »
Jamie, you are truly the inspiration behind the subject 'Maybe'.

Success is where hard work meets opportunity!

Len Gribble

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2004, 07:11:09 pm »
Musicman

That not nice ;D ;D

As you know not really in commercial cleaning now days, doesn’t the working time directive come into to play Mon-Fri 9hrs per day plus Sat 5hrs = 50hrs ??? ???

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

heritagecleaning

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2004, 08:30:41 pm »
In general, you need to charge an amount on top of your outgoings which will provide you with an adequate level of profit to make the job worthwhile, but still make the total price an attractive proposition to the organsiation you are tendering to.

A general answer to a general question I know, but it is hard to be more specific going on the info you have provided.

Owen

martin19842

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2004, 08:31:40 pm »
we still have the opt out at the moment for the numbe rof working hours per week.

but i must partly agree with MUSICMAN,

this scenario is really, can you please quote for the job and i'll do the work.

i really must consider, providing a consultancy service.

I'm afraid it does really come down to learning from experience, as that really is only the best way, and you will then be amazed from what you will be able to do in the future.

we've been on a job this week, and we are back next week, believe me the learning curve on this job has been enormous, but it means that we have the knowledge and experience to undertake large projects in the future.

regards

martin

Len Gribble

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2004, 09:37:42 pm »
Martin

So the working hours are ambiguous, as you have an opt out

Hope you did not lose money on the big job re leaning curve!

Len

Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

spreester

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2004, 07:25:51 pm »
 ::)
Here is a basic example which can help you in determining the amount to charge the client per hour.

Building the hourly rate guide
Basic hourly rate 7,62
Loon supplements (travel, meals etc) 0.00
Bonus extra payments or entiltements 0.00
Total7.62
Days off, holidays etc.. 4.017%
Vacation days 12.54%
Sick days, leave of absence 13.619%
Total lost working hours 31.256%2.38
Total10.00
Vacation money 8%0.80
Yearly bonus 2.5%0.25
Total11.05
Taxes and insurance 26.524%2.93
Other government charges 0.44
Total14.42
Material costs 0.81
Company uniforms0.11
Machine costs 0.31
Total15.65
Supervision and quality controls 0.81
Management costs, administration costs, education, profit, investment etc...25%5.22
Total20.87
Discount-1.40
Total hourly rate 19.47

It should give you at least an idea on where to start in calculating what to charge per hour.  ;D