martin19842

Re: My New Website
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2004, 07:57:11 pm »
hello there,

looks pretty good to me, as i've said before you need to make sure that it gets pulled up in the search engine results.
so that it gets the hits, and therefore the enquiries and the punters.

also mate thanks again

regards

martin

Len Gribble

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2004, 10:33:11 pm »
Hi

Very pro easy to navigate, like the customer side very positive, as Martin says search engine, I typed in cleaning Swindon (google) sadly you did not come up on first two pages, but I take this you are not on line with it yet.

For info your cleaning schedule wont load as it has an error.

But as I said very good and wish you all the best.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

heritagecleaning

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2004, 01:31:33 pm »
Thanks Martin; Len. You're right - it still has to be listed with search engines and hopefully will then show up in results. Actually the main reason I wanted a good site was so I could refer to it in any leaflets or direct mail - "For more info go to www. etc..".

By the way eveyone, that site cost me only £150! I provided the text and the pics I wanted on it and this guy did the rest. He says he'd like to do more, so anyone interested send me a message.

Owen

declanb

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2004, 02:36:25 pm »
Good site but one critiscm if I may. My pet hate is trying to read web pages with a dark background and light text. It can be a strain on the eyes and I dont spend long on the site. It might be just me but with so many websites out there, once you have the hard job of getting visitors on to your site sorted, the aim should be to keep them there as long as possible.

Hope this is constructive

Regards,
Dec
Someone has to do it!

heritagecleaning

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2004, 02:44:42 pm »
Dec

Good point. The trouble was trying to get a background to match the existing gold logo....quite hard. We tried a lot of colours that didn't work so ended up going with the black.

Owen

declanb

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2004, 02:48:19 pm »
I think a white back ground would look just as good as black with your gold logo. And it would be easier to read

Regards,

Dec
Someone has to do it!

heritagecleaning

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2004, 02:53:37 pm »
Thanks Dec, I'll ask the guy to change it over to white for a comparison.

DP

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2004, 01:18:27 am »
Nice site
I also have a web site with dark background which I never liked, but the guys who designed it insisted that it was ok and urged me to keep it. I have since learnt to do my own sites, and have produced a few now.

It is worth remembering web sites and van signage when you think of company names and logos. I had a devil of a job when it came to sign writing the vehicles, as my chosen logo looked absolute crap on a van although great on paper.

If you find yourself in this position, don’t be afraid to change colours etc to make things work, people rarely care or even notice, its the name which is the real issue always choose one that you wont need to change in 5 years time and will stay marketable however large you grow.

Ooopps I seemed to have strayed a bit. Nice straight forward (no silly bells and whistles) site.

PS
PDF downloads seems to work fine for me unless you have fixed it since.  
Everyone seems normal untill you get to know them!

Len Gribble

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2004, 10:42:06 pm »
DP

He has fixed it.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

heritagecleaning

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2004, 12:01:16 am »
Actually I didn't do anything! It has always worked on my machine. Possibly it was a temporary fault with the people hosting the web site.

Len Gribble

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2004, 12:19:57 am »
Just like staff very unpredictable, or should I say predictable

Len

tracey

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2004, 02:58:17 pm »
yes great site and belive me i have seen some bad ones, im in derbyshire does he cover this are as i would be very intrested in having a site built by him please ask him to contact me on 01246 292118 thanks

tracey

dhnjj

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2004, 07:49:33 pm »
Yeah, Great Site very user friendly and enticing. £150.00 wasnt bad either, searched around and found the prices very high so i found out how to do it and created my own. not as flash as yours but im happy with it  :)
Dave
Failure lies not with falling down.
Failure lies with not getting back up!