paul@ctcs

Strip and Re-seal pricing???
« on: September 15, 2004, 11:24:27 pm »
Until now i've not been asked to strip and re-seel hard flooring (vinyl) therefore no idea what is a fair price to ask and how to price jobs, per square meter??
Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks Paul

Len Gribble

Re: Strip and Re-seal pricing???
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2004, 12:09:25 am »
Paul

I take it that you have the appropriate equipment for this task? Slow is best you can get away with 400rpm with skirt.

Where the problem arises is what type of finish the customer wants each sealing agent has a price you can buy 5lts for £10 or one for £25.but on an average £5.50 depending on what involved, stairs a lot more of manual labour.

Hope this helps.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

paul@ctcs

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2004, 12:58:40 am »
Thank you Len, I have all the equiptment needed including a 200rpm rotary, i dont at the moment have any stripping or sealing chemicals but i'm calling solutions Nick tomorrow for these.
£5.50 sounds good, its not a huge area i have to do but a daily contract we have just taken on wanted this work included so dont mind doing it.

Thanks again Paul

martin19842

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2004, 01:12:31 am »
i have used severl methods for pricing on a strip and seal

some people says 2 mins per sq ft therefore if you do the calculation ie hour rate, divided by then multiplied.

the other method is £2.50 ish per square metre.

but as you say if not a big area and as part of a larger contract then a rate per area maybe good.

so a toilet block, of three cubicles and basins, would attract a minimum charge from a floor company of about £60.

dont know if that helps

regards

martin