car valeting
« on: September 15, 2004, 07:51:09 pm »
hi everyone somebody told me there is a product out called dri-wash-n-guard ultra-ion waterless car wash anyone ever heard of it  replies appreciated

paul@ctcs

Re: car valeting
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2004, 08:11:59 pm »
I think i've seen a few posts regarding this type of waterless cleaning quite recently on this forum, try using the search thingy at the top of the page.

Hope this helps
Paul

The Great One

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2004, 08:31:55 pm »
Hi Perfection

We have just opened the 1st Waterless Valeting site here in brighton. It is growing (in the paper today) and the products are amazing.

Either drop me a Pm or reply here, if you or anyone else needs products or prices please Pm me.

Regards

Martin 8)

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2004, 11:16:19 pm »
hi martin what paper is it in

The Great One

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2004, 10:04:59 pm »
Hi

we were in the local Argus paper here in brighton.

Valet firm washes cars without water
by Argus business staff

A former croupier has set up what he believes is the first waterless car valeting business on the South Coast in Churchill Square car park, Brighton.

Martin Scott borrowed the idea from France, where valeting company Autobella has made washing cars without water de rigeur.

He uses one of Autobella's products called Cristalcar which cleans, seals and protects paintwork and cleans tyres and alloy wheels.

He said: "People are intrigued about how it works but they are always very pleased with the results."

Regards

Martin 8)

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2004, 12:49:14 am »
thanks martin coming to blackpool mon25th oct may call to brighton to see the waterless in operation if its okay with you as thinking of starting it in ireland regards john

paul@ctcs

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2004, 12:27:45 am »
Cleaning a car without water is something i cant get my head around, not that i'm doubting it but would appreciate a few words explaining how it works and its benefits over traditional methods ???or is there a web site that would answer my question?

Thanks Paul

The Great One

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2004, 12:35:49 pm »
Hi Paul

It is a common thing, people are obviously a little sceptical about cleaning cars with no water. In this country it is a fairly new concept.

Basically we use special chemical formulations that emulsify the dirt and wrap it in a wax, then we just wpe it off without scratching the car. It leaves behind a highly polished and protected surface.

We do get some amazing results.

www.waterlesscarcleaning.com

go there for more info.

Regards

Martin 8)

cleanmac

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2004, 04:58:01 pm »
Emulsify sand and grit?

paul@ctcs

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2004, 05:51:23 pm »
What would you do to clean a car which was caked in mud, here in my neck of the woods we surrounded my farms and muddy roads so filthy cars(well thats my excuse :)) would you need to use water in this case??

Paul

The Great One

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2004, 07:58:44 pm »
no

Regards

Martin 8)

Len Gribble

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2004, 10:56:53 pm »
Come on lads

When computer first hit us in the 80’s we more or less said this wont work, what are you using now? Could you do with out it ???  All type of cleaning agents evolve look at the cc side with ms would I use another agent yes but as last resort but my ppe would come out!

Yes we all have reservation try it first, then you can comment.

By the way I’m the first to have a go at Martin pw a car showroom or lugging a hwe machine up 6 flight of stairs on own.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

paul@ctcs

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2004, 02:39:11 am »
Len,
I'm not questioning martins method of cleaning , I'm simply intrigued with how they work.

Matin,
sorry if it my earlier post read in a way where i questioned your methods, not my intention.

Paul

nick@leicscarvalet

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2004, 11:29:38 am »
i was very sceptical at first until i tried a sample from colin at waterlesscarcleaning. the first time you use it you will be amazed at the finish it leaves. no streaks etc.

i for one wil be ordering more cristalcar. not cheap but excellent results and i believe its much cheaper and better than other waterless products.

regards Nick

The Great One

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2004, 12:43:16 pm »
Hi

Guys I can understand your comments but the waterless Valeting products are excellent.

www.waterlesscarcleaning.com

Go to the site and if still unsure order the sample pack. Waterless Car Valeting are the experts here, try the products on your own car. I did exactly this and my car just shone from down the road, we were shocked (plesently) at the result we got.

We have never had a bad comment from our customers, in fact we get great comments everyday with what we have done with their car.

Lots of people critisized waterless when it first came on this site, I just saw an opportunity for business.

Regards

Martin 8)

cleanmac

« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2004, 02:34:15 am »
Paul, the answer to your muddy car question is; yes.

Martin,since you are a newcomer to the car wiping trade, I am wondering wether your familiar with soft clearcoats,micro sratching and swirling etc?

Len,a division of our company is involved in contract car valeting and does between 12 and 15 thousand valets,on new and used cars,yearly.
I can assure you ,we have tested these products.
The first time it was offered to us was in the early '90s(Driguard).

These products are maintenance potions for lighty soiled paintwork.
Furthermore the trend amongst carwash manufactures/operators is now developing towards touchless or brushless systems,makes you think he.

David.

The Great One

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2004, 02:19:14 pm »
HI

That was in the 90's, technology has moved on.

have personally cleaned a car caked in dried mud, got an amazing result, even did a demo in front of the customer. and no scratching. See micro scratches and swirling everyday.

As this post is now getting into the realms of 'HWE is the best and anything else is not' kind of scenario time to bow out of debate.

As much as I love a good debate don't have time to get into slanging match.

I know what the Waterless products can do as I use them, the only way to find out is to use them personally.

Regards

Martin 8)