martin19842

Re: help
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2004, 02:19:04 pm »
there seems to be a lot of differing views on this, with regard to the comment that ANYBODY can clean and there is no training.

i expect that several people may disagree, i know for a fact that lots of new customers that i have signed up over the past few years, strongly believe that not EVERBODY can clean. The most common statement from dissatisfied customers being,

'they only seem to empty the bins and that is it'

the other point is that if you give a box load of cleaning chemicals to some people, then they are morel likely to end up in the casualty department of the local hospital, as opposed to making a success out of cleaning..

another point being, is that if Mr or Mrs Customer thinks that ANYBODY can clean, then how do we expect to make a reasonable living, as the client will not be as likely to pay top money for a job to be done.

but on the other hand i think that the lively debate that has been generated is good.  we are all different people and we all run our business in a different way.

regards

martin

so i am quite pleased that there has been some lively debate about thsi

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2004, 04:16:25 pm »
Just thought I would like to join in.

When the real GODS on this site delete a post I wish they would tell us,because we can all understand what is going on.

I know nothing about Contract Cleaning apart from reading a book.

Unlike Martin 606 not brave enough to jump into all aspects of cleaning.

However I agree with Len not enough information.

I think person very lucky to be offered such a contract without any Sales patter.

However qouting does not mean you have got the job.

My advice would be research market. Prepare Forms,

etc Then go out and and qoute.

I beleive on Ebay and certainly from the states you can get Joe Polish type information on all aspects of running a Contract Cleaning and Maids service.

The info costs between  £40 and £300 for about 197 pages.

Philip Hanson

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2004, 08:39:09 pm »
When the real GODS on this site delete a post I wish they would tell us,because we can all understand what is going on.

In this case, he deleted it himself.

He also appologised for any offense, so fair play to him.

-Philip
Editor, Professional Window Cleaner Magazine

"The irony of the information age is that it has given new respectability to uninformed opinion"
John Lawton

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2004, 09:17:56 pm »
I did not know you could delete items yourself.

When Ive tried before usually my up all night postings on other boards Ive been told you cant do that.

Thought it was same here.

Philip Hanson

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2004, 09:40:23 pm »
You can delete and modify your own posts, unless the topic is locked.

On the window cleaning board, a big argument happened a while ago and one of the members kept deleting his posts which made the thread very confusing.  (Which perhaps was the idea).

Usually they were accusations that would no doubt have landed him in some serious legal trouble, and the point was not to have a sensible debate, but to raise doubt in the minds of the readers.

That situation culminated in the site Administrator, Mike Boxall, doing his own investigation to get to the truth.  The end result was that the forum member in question (who was also the sales director of a major window cleaning supply company) was banned from the forum.

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=Equipment;action=display;num=1075205125;start=

The whole issue was probably the most contraversial thing ever to happen on CIU, and people are still talking about it even though it was months ago.  However, I have to commend Mike on the level-headed and fair way that he dealt with the matter.

So be careful how you use that delete/modify button (which is in the top right hand corner of every post)!

-Philip
Editor, Professional Window Cleaner Magazine

"The irony of the information age is that it has given new respectability to uninformed opinion"
John Lawton

The Great One

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2004, 09:40:41 pm »
Hi guys

ian, I was going to ask the same thing myself about post deleting!

Scrservices, if you have apologised then more the power to you and welcome to the forum.

It is difficult for us to answer if we do not have all the posts and info to give accurate debate and advice on.

when I 1st started cleaning I didn't know squat but have learnt through trial and error as most of us have. my business has developed over the past year.

started off just doing cleaning, then took carpet course and added that both for domestic and commercial. Now added waterless Car valeting and am enjoying that, cleaning business has gone very quiet over the past 2 weeks, weird?

Regards

Martin 8)

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2004, 01:02:57 am »
Martin 606 Maybee cleaning has gone a bit flat because you have had to devote your time to the Launch of Waterless.

Could go on but its your bussiness and I admire your spirit.