Groupama Insurance . . . HELP!!!!!!
« on: August 31, 2004, 04:47:04 pm »
I think I have dropped a clanger, just bought public liability insurance via a broker with Groupama and have just discovered that I have an excess of £250 and not included is cover if I break a clients ornament! Paid £83.00, is there better out  there? Am I too late to cancel?

Cheers
Bev aka DD  :)

Philip Hanson

Re: Groupama Insurance . . . HELP!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2004, 01:13:56 am »
If you are unsure about your policy, call your broker and it can usually be adjusted without you having to cancel it completely.

It is quite common to request a lower excess than is standard, but pay a higher premium instead.

not included is cover if I break a clients ornament

This may be harder to change, but again I would speak to your broker.

-Philip
Editor, Professional Window Cleaner Magazine

"The irony of the information age is that it has given new respectability to uninformed opinion"
John Lawton

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2004, 06:49:57 pm »
Looks like all cleaners liability insurance has changed to £250 excess and not covering items being worked on, i.e. being cleaned!

Anyone know any different?

Cheers
Bev

Happyeater

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2004, 09:07:32 pm »
One thing that got me this year was the 'extras' that Groupama charge when their contract finishes. I claimed that we'd do a certain amount of t/o etc etc. When it came to renewal, I was sent a new form to put on what was actually done and project for this year. My payroll was actually bang on forecast. However, my t/o was higher and I now have an additional invoice for £800 to pay.

The quote was a 200% rise and I've never had a claim.

martin19842

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2004, 11:49:09 pm »
i think this is a standard commercial insurance matter, at the beginning you forecast certain elements, ie turnover, payroll etc, and then you fill in a year declaration.  

this is the same for most business insurances in all types of business.

regards

martin