Johnb

Hydrotech drive master system
« on: May 31, 2004, 11:46:11 pm »
Hi everyone, has anyone had any experience with Hydrotech UK http://www.hydrotech.org.uk/, for drive cleaning and gum removal and how it compares with other rotary cleaners.  Seems a good package compact on trailer.  Pressure washer is engine driven and 2900 psi.  Thanks

John

Mike Halliday

Re: Hydrotech drive master system
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2004, 10:00:09 pm »
seems expensive to me  at 8 grand.

the machinary cost £1800 and another £800 for the trailer, why not save money and buy direct and put the rest into advertising

look at www.tech-clean.co.uk

this is where I bought my pressure washing kit from and its working well.

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Johnb

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2004, 10:09:00 pm »
Hi, Mike

Thanks for reply

It also comes with a steam gum machine, two on board water tanks a generator and the extention poles and equipment for doing conservatory roofs, guttering and facias, and petrol station signs.  The gum machine with tech-clean is almost £2K and with all the gum around for commercial work i envisaged needing one.

Do you do mainly domestic or comercial as well?

John

Len Gribble

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2004, 10:49:22 pm »
John

Some what confused in you first post you talk about pw in your second post you talk about both wp and wfp I it take it that you get both for £8k not a bad buy.

I don’t know what vehicle you drive; I would definitely check your towing weight limit you say two water tanks didn’t give size but aprox 1gal = 9lbs

I’m not knocking the machinery but trailer look vulnerable, to vandalism / theft you will need to lock this away every night.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Johnb

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2004, 11:06:47 pm »
Hi Len

Thanks for reply.

Yes you get a pressure washer, wfp and a steam gum machine.  I have facilities for locking it away.  

Your right with the vehicle though, I am about to change that anyway, had been looking at a medium van but with this would not need that.  

They will do the system on lease purchase at £280 pm so keeps my capital free.  Been trying to look at all options as this is a new start for me.

John

Mike Halliday

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2004, 11:50:54 pm »
Sorry John I posted without knowing the full facts ::) perhaps it is'nt a bad deal after all.

I'm  a carpet cleaner, but have just started offering a drive & patio cleaning service.

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Len Gribble

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2004, 11:55:25 pm »
John

Before you spend any money do you home work first, what will be your core business pw or wfp, I understand your enthusiasm I want it all, work in stages. I know nothing about leasing so I can’t comment

Both Mike and I are cc first, hope Mike don’t mind me telling you, we both do pw as an add on to our core business, me being a newbie to this side of cleaning.

I don’t know if you know the other forum this has pw and wfp sections which may be of help.

Please don’t run before you can walk it will cost you dear.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Johnb

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2004, 12:07:41 am »
Thx Len

The main area I was looking to start in was power washing domestic drives, forecourts of service areas and petrol stations and drive-ins.  This system apealed because I could offer  gutter and facia and conservatry cleaning to the domestics I had done the drives for and on the service areas us it for the signs and canopies.  Not looking go all out for the wfp work, just a added extra.  On the commercial site, I could not see myself being able to offer the pw without the means of removing the gum also.

Thanks for the advice though Len, it is to easy to get carried away and try to run in to many directions.

John

Alex

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2004, 03:43:30 pm »
Hi John,

I currently run a pressure washing, chewing gum, and graffiti removal business. You need to think if you will use all the equipment at the same time or if you will complete jobs in stagers, either way you choose you can get away with one long wheel based van.

You may want to price all the equipment separate and then compare the cost and benefits. Please understand I'm not knocking the hydrotech system as it looks good, but I’m very much into building my own brand.

Let me know if you want any help.

Alex

Dusty

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2004, 05:37:19 pm »
Hallo John

I have a complete Pressure washing outfit for sale.

Including...

VW Transporter L reg van 1.9 diesel in a very nice shade of blue, with side loading door, fully ply lined and it has a sealed factory fitted bulkhead.  I looked at 10/11 vans before looking at this one and it really is in great condition with no faults. It has new brakes and new exhaust and runs like a dream

Edge Ranger 15-200PT  200 Bar / 2940 Psi, 15 Litres a minute with Honda 11 HP Petrol engine GX spec (not even a year old), with all manuals and original receipt. This is a top spec machine, not to be confused with cheap rubbish that is available.

Edge rotawash 20" floor Cleaner
7.2 metre extension lance
Rotary brush
Straight brush
Gutter tool
70 Metres of High Pressure Hose
Cut off valve
1000 litre industrial caged water tank  

All this kit, not including the van, have a list price of over £3000 (not including Vat), and the van is worth about £2000.

I'll also throw in all the extras you will need to get started.

My asking price is £3750 for the lot - no Vat.  I have photos of the van and equipment if you would like to see them.

My email is   m1_winch@hotmail.com or you can phone me on 01246 861 903

alkeme

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2004, 11:46:16 am »
Hi John

I currently use the Drivemaster system.

If you have any questions please call me on 0779 338 3197 or email me at adrian@alkeme.co.uk

If you do take this system I can also assist you with your sales and marketing.

Regards

Adrian