lynngc

what won't you clean??
« on: February 22, 2006, 08:57:31 am »
where do you draw the line?

example:  what don't you do for a client, when they ask for a domestic clean, on a weekly basis?  keep it clean........

ie, iron their  knickers, polish shoes.

this would be interesting, as a few of my clients expect a jeeves service, i would provide a butler service if they paid for one, but you have to draw the line somewhere don't you think.

lynn ;D
lynn @ gower cleaning services, swansea.

dustycorner

Re: what won't you clean??
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2006, 06:31:19 pm »
Hi Lynn,

I thin the trick whether it is commercial or domestic is managing clients. I provide a cleaning schedule for every job but it doesn't stop the client trying it on.

2 thing i recall  i rejected,  1st a client wanted my cleaner to strip wallpaper, 2nd another client expected cleaner to make time to clean tthe leaves on all plants in the office.

Cheers Mark.

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2006, 07:00:59 pm »
where do you draw the line?...
...as a few of my clients expect a jeeves service...

Lynn,

If you were a little bit more specific we would be in a better position to give you advice…

However, let me just say this.  Once upon a time we got an enquiry from a disabled man… we refused to do the cleaning for him as he wanted us to be care workers at the same time… ???

Kind regards,
Arthur

Lesley J

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2006, 10:12:59 pm »
my staff will not clean out catlitter trays that have been left for a whole week without emptying, cant blame them :o
Lesley Tyrrell

lynngc

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2006, 10:17:16 pm »
YUCK !  YUCK AND DOUBLE YUCK!!!!
cat trays for over a week :o
who on earth does that!!!!!!

bl**dy disgusting.

lynn ;D

*Chris Browne

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2006, 10:24:06 pm »
urinals that havn't been used for p***ing in :o

chris ??? :P

lynngc

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2006, 10:28:03 pm »
chris,
i'm ready to heave now...... :P

lynn ;D

Tim Downer

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2006, 12:57:50 pm »
Just popped home from the office.....stupid cat has been sick on a rug in the dining room  :-[  :P  :-X  :-X  ;D

Would i ask a domestic cleaner to clean this up?? I think i know what the answer would be  :o  :o  ;D

Oh well, better pluck up the courage to clean it up myself.........or..........shall i go back to the office and let the wife find it and clean it up??  ;D

Easier and less painful to do it myself me thinks.  :-[

Regards

Tim
Tim Downer
Manager

"The difference between Ordinary and Extraordinary.....is that little Extra"

Lesley J

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2006, 09:20:17 pm »
people who leave cat litter trays are the elderly who cannot bend to empty them,  who have no friends/family to visit, only the cleaners who visit once a week to clean.
Lesley Tyrrell

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2006, 09:34:49 pm »
people who leave cat litter trays are the elderly who cannot bend to empty them,  who have no friends/family to visit, only the cleaners who visit once a week to clean.

With elderly people we usually have everything clear and of-cause we treat them with respect, however there is a line, we are not care workers…

juliet jenkins

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2006, 01:49:30 pm »
Hi, In the past ihave had to clean up sick ( the lady was on chemo at the time - now sadly passed away) but as the rest of the family was so distraught during her illness I couldn't refuse when I was ask to tidy it up. Other things I've been asked to do are sweeping the leaves from the drive area (even on a windy day >:(absolute bugger to do when theyjust keep blowing back!!) also been asked to pop into town for household items like lamps, duvet covers, sewing box and contents!!  My husband thinks I'm too soft, but I onlypick things up fromtown when I have to go there anyway, perhaps I am too 'good-natured' for my own good, but I get self-satisfaction in providing a personal touch to my cleaning services and maybe I'll pick up some extra cleans for having a good reputation! One other place I've done have a lot of stray cats who sometimes leave a small deposit behind them - once again it's an elderly gent who can't see these things due to partial sight, so I just don a pair of rubber gloves and get on with it ! Mind you, I only do things like this for these 2 people in particular and no matter how good natured I am, I do know when I'm being taken the p*** out of!!

suzieq

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2006, 04:26:15 pm »
Hi there everyone,well this is interesting a few weeks ago one of my clients left me a note asking me to remove the 2 dead birds from under her bed and all the feathers. the cat had brought them in the night before she told me,i could not believe it,i rang my husband and told him .he said tell her to p---off your a cleaner not the rspca.The more i thought about it the more i knew he was right this was a fairly new client ,and i thought start as you mean to go on. I left her a note saying i was there to clean the house eg dust hoover clean bathroom and kitchen etc etc not to remove dead animals from the night before she should of done that herself,if that was my house theres no way i'd expect the cleaner to do it,i also would not leave 2 dead birds under my bed overnight. What do the rest of you think .Am i right or wrong ,she never replied to my note and has never mentioned it since,mind you i never see half my clients as there all out at work all day they just leave me cheques and notes,this particular one does not communicate at all .She does leave a cheque at the end of each month though so thats a bonus.Juliet you sound just like me i clean for some old pensioners i started doing one couple in a block of small flats now im doing 4 of them i do there shopping for them as there housebound,they all had homehelps fromthe local council they charge £12 for half an hour shopping i do it for nothing for them when i do my weekly shop at asda and the stuffs cheaper for them as im not using the local corner shop,i love the old people they are genuine and thankful for all you do for them.

therapist

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2006, 09:33:29 am »
Suzie

where are you located.............I am a partner in a Domicilery Care Business whic was conceived through the concern and anger we felt while cleaning in elderly peoples homes.

We give a far more comprehensive service than Local Authority care services and our maximum hourly rate -  that is what social services pay us  -  is only, ten pounds forty eight.

If people are being overcharge,or receiving poor service, they have the opportunity to complain and they can request another care provider.

Local Authority care services, are generally very poor, but they should always be challenged.

I know, we are further advanced in many areas of elderly care than the rest of the UK, but there is also a Care Commission, in England, who monitor, not only the care providers, but the Local Authorities also

rob m

worst job I ever walked into, was from Social Services.  The stench was appalling and my wife turned around immediately and refused to return.

There was human faeces all over the house and it was a hot summers day with hundreds of flies around.

We got back to Social Services and repriced the job to allow for insecticide, masks, protective clothing and the cost of cleaning / sterilising equipment.

Had I not seen the occupant and spoken to her, I would have walked, but, we made a difference to someones life that day.

rob m

suzieq

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2006, 09:47:05 am »
Hi Rob im based in Manchester well a village 6 miles out of city centre thats awful what you say,i must admit i've not come across anything like that before.I must of been quite lucky they are so lovely my old folk as i refer to them i love them to bits.suzie

The Great One

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2006, 08:12:31 pm »
Hi

Er..um...

A dead dogs @rse and..

A low flying vultures crotch

Thats about it

Regards

Martin 8)