Blast Away

Re: what would you charge?
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2011, 07:24:17 pm »
Ok fair enough - depends on surface im guessing?.
As i understand it = for a porous macadam surface - i would need to FSC it first then wash down with lance (turbo, red / white etc. nozzle????).

For a surface like tarmac or fine concrete (or are you suggesting macadam as well Blast Away?) - I can just use a FSC to remove the moss / algae (after pre spraying it with moss remover - where can i get hypo and how long does it take to work?)??

Also with regard to FSC - do the jets need recallobrating every once in a while - as i used mine last week and it seemed to take a lot longer than it should have?
What about brick paving / block paving / york stone etc. - i have generally found more satisfying results with a turbo lance - would it be better to just seek a better FSC??
Thanks for your suggestions and advice,
Rob

I don't know where you'd get it local to you. I get mine only 5 miles away from me. You'd be better off hoping someone local to you see's this and helps you out.
It works very fast and how I buy it comes 14% neat. Very strong, in 25 liters and for general paving can get a good 100 liters out of the one drum.

Check your nozzles haven't moved on your FSC. If they aren't lined how they should be then you'll get rings.

FSC's wont rip up everything. A turbo will be needed on tough weed and moss etc.

Cliff Horne

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2011, 09:44:58 am »
Good point about using hypo, pretty much all of the courts that I have cleaned I have then coloursprayed and lined, so no need.
I will try using hypo on my next court clean as I am no longer spraying courts only cleaning them, do you apply hypo thro your pressure washer as its corrosive?
Careful using lance/turbo on porous macadam, some damage can occur.

Regards
Cliff
Smart like a donkey, hung like Einstein

Blast Away

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2011, 07:16:44 pm »
Good point about using hypo, pretty much all of the courts that I have cleaned I have then coloursprayed and lined, so no need.
I will try using hypo on my next court clean as I am no longer spraying courts only cleaning them, do you apply hypo thro your pressure washer as its corrosive?
Careful using lance/turbo on porous macadam, some damage can occur.

Regards
Cliff

I have done for large areas and give the pump a good flush through straight after but I wouldn't recommend it as a must to anyone. I've done it through cheap chinese pumps. For general driveways I use the backpack sprayer or mix up in flexi tub and pour.
Careful with the hypo though, I spent time in A&E after getting a pin drop in my eye from not carefully putting down the drum with the lid off.