restore it uk

what would you charge?
« on: January 07, 2011, 07:52:41 pm »
Been asked to quote for this pressure washing job on a roof. Have a price in my head just checking I am about right
cheers craig

BDCS

Re: what would you charge?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 09:30:23 pm »
What size, access, water supply, drainage, possible grief if something goes pear shaped and how much do you want the job ?

Blast Away

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 10:31:31 pm »
Done a few similar in Manchester. This one on the link we did in roughly 12 hours split over 2 days. The building has an elevator so we took up a washer to the 4th floor and out onto a balcony. 50 meters of HP hose and this flat roof was up a level up from the 4th which we got to by fixed ladder. Water supplier was on the roof. Was approx 400m2. 400 quid.

http://blast-away.co.uk/FlatRoofCleaning.aspx

jaespray

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 08:00:24 pm »
hi restre it uk        i dont think you are showing the whole area         i would price it on your tennis court charges        looks like it will come up nice    dont forget to post after pics
regards john

Paolo

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 08:46:28 am »
Done a few similar in Manchester. This one on the link we did in roughly 12 hours split over 2 days. The building has an elevator so we took up a washer to the 4th floor and out onto a balcony. 50 meters of HP hose and this flat roof was up a level up from the 4th which we got to by fixed ladder. Water supplier was on the roof. Was approx 400m2. 400 quid.

£1 a sq m just sounds incredibly cheap for some reason.

I would expect it to be more like £3 but I have no experience in this field and could be talking utter rubbish.

Blast Away

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2011, 12:11:19 pm »

£1 a sq m just sounds incredibly cheap for some reason.

I would expect it to be more like £3 but I have no experience in this field and could be talking utter rubbish.

A lot of time is spent setting up and pushing water to the drains with squeegees. It's only algae on the surface. Piece of pi$$. Could have put 2 machines on and had it done in one day if it weren't for the flow of the water source only being sufficient for one machine.
I'm not suggesting a quid per m2. That's just what we did it for which is reasonable to who the client is who we do a lot of work for.

pristineclean

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2011, 04:04:04 pm »
On that subject, I've been asked to quote for the stone cleaning of two cornices on the outside of a fairly high (5 stories) building in the City of London - can anyone help?

jaespray

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2011, 07:18:25 pm »
hi pristine  some pictures might just be helpfull
regards john

pristineclean

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2011, 10:39:49 am »
A site visit would be more helpful still :-) - I was just being lazy and I've managed to summon the energy to get someone to go down there for me...

Thanks anyway.

Rob125

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2011, 10:37:00 pm »
hi, been asked to quote a couple of tennis courts (standard size) - what is the average going rate for these (metres)?? - also any ideas how much water / how long thell need as only have 350 litre tank??
Cheers,
Rob

Cliff Horne

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2011, 07:07:07 am »
Hi Rob

If they are a porous macadam surface I would charge £350 per court although if very mossy/dirty I have charged up to £900, average time to clean one would be 1 1/2 days.
You need to be careful you don't destroy the surface and its always handy to have a tennis court sprayer in mind if it needs re-colouring.

Cliff
Smart like a donkey, hung like Einstein

Cliff Horne

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2011, 07:46:53 am »
Hi Rob

I use a 200ltr plastic drum with a feed from clients own water supply.
FSC first then wash down with lance.
BTW you may get better prices where you are but I'm down in the South West.

Regards
Cliff

Rob125

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2011, 12:36:34 pm »
OK - cheers Cliff.
What does FSC stand for?
What other surfaces do you tend to do - concrete? - not sure on any other tennis surfaces that can be done  (grass is obviously no - presume clay is no as well?)- havent played in ages.
Im South - East - so i n terms of per day that sounds about right
Cheers,
Rob

jaespray

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2011, 04:52:03 pm »
hi rob125    get your self a descent power unit   a fully plumbed bowser   a water boom
then you can do 2 courts a day
regards john

BDCS

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2011, 06:49:52 pm »
fsc = Flat surface cleaner

Cliff Horne

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2011, 07:18:41 am »
hi rob125    get your self a descent power unit   a fully plumbed bowser   a water boom
then you can do 2 courts a day
regards john

John

With respect the only way I could do two a day was if they were fairly clear of moss etc  otherwise there just wash downs, don't see many of those down here, mores the pity, courts here are mostly porous macadam and being wet in the West Country mostly full of moss. I have not had much success using the water broom I don't find its man enough for the job.

Rob

By "concrete do you mean "no fines concrete" if so treat as you would porous macadam.
Dense acrylics will be the hardest to make look good as they tend to show the cleaning marks.
You cant pressure wash synthetic grass, you usually have to power brush them and replace sand, with clays they require "forking" and dragging and may even have to have there surface replaced.

Regards
Cliff

Rob125

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2011, 12:24:01 pm »
Hi Cliff, - do you ever use chemicals (even if before / after to kill weeds?) to help cleaning the courts or is generally pressure washing adequate??
cheers,
Rob

Cliff Horne

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2011, 12:40:29 pm »
Rob

Have never used chemicals

Regards
Cliff

Blast Away

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2011, 04:06:30 pm »
Hi Cliff, - do you ever use chemicals (even if before / after to kill weeds?) to help cleaning the courts or is generally pressure washing adequate??
cheers,
Rob

Don't assume you shouldn't use chemical though just because Cliff doesn't.

With the courts we've done, we pre sprayed with hypo to soften the moss and lift the algae. These surfaces were painted tarmac and safety rubber. Large areas of tarmac(painted or not)and rubber you will find by just using water alone via a FSC there will be overlapping stripes from where you misjudged meeting up with the FSC. Pre spraying can prevent this.

The last thing you want when it's dry is hundreds of cleaner stripes showing.

Rob125

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2011, 06:48:28 pm »
Ok fair enough - depends on surface im guessing?.
As i understand it = for a porous macadam surface - i would need to FSC it first then wash down with lance (turbo, red / white etc. nozzle????).

For a surface like tarmac or fine concrete (or are you suggesting macadam as well Blast Away?) - I can just use a FSC to remove the moss / algae (after pre spraying it with moss remover - where can i get hypo and how long does it take to work?)??

Also with regard to FSC - do the jets need recallobrating every once in a while - as i used mine last week and it seemed to take a lot longer than it should have?
What about brick paving / block paving / york stone etc. - i have generally found more satisfying results with a turbo lance - would it be better to just seek a better FSC??
Thanks for your suggestions and advice,
Rob