jeff1

Re: Ladder safety legs.
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2007, 02:35:46 pm »
Steve I made some Inquiry's  to ladderlimpet for you and the director kindly got back to me with these comments regarding leaving the limpet on the ladder when you move it.

It is possible to leave the LaddaLimpet connected when you move the ladder. I personally have found this awkward, so I have never bothered, I just clip them on and off, however, to give an alternative method of resetting the product, simply slide the stabilizers up the stiles to just above your waist height, holding both stabilizer heads rotate anti-clockwise and the pins will lock in the opposite direction to normal use.

Still holding the heads, lift the ladder and move to new position, rotate heads clockwise, slide them down the stiles and reset them in new position.  This sounds a bit complicated but it may be that many of your window cleaners may prefer to use this method rather than unclipping them -

So the answer to your previous question is Yes they can be left on while moving your ladder. hth  ;)

stevekennedy

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2007, 10:53:34 pm »
Jeff

Nice one. Thanks mate. This makes sense to me. Wouldn't have to go back to pick up the limpets and can hold bucket with other hand

But what you have to remember is by supplying your employee's with ladder safety device's the onus is on them to use it, and you will be covered, how do you think company's like BT manage?
Also make sure they have ladder training and you have covered all aspects of safety.

I have been told that, as well as supplying and training, I or a supervisor need to enforce the use of the stabilising device. So if I supply it and they choose not to use it, I have no defence. Sounds mad but this seems to be the legal position.

Trevor Knight

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2007, 08:33:00 am »
Hello folks,

I have been speaking with Ian for some time now and following our meeting I am pleased to anounce that I have negotiated a 10% discount for CIU and APWC members. When ordering quote your user name and once it is verifyied you can place your order.

I have tested this bit of kit and from a personal opinion I think it's the best one on the market. My guy's use it for all ladder work and I have to say it really is the business.

This picture shows how stable you can be, obviously in a working practice you MUST ensure the top of the ladder is supported but this is just an example of how sturdy this equipment makes your ladder.

It fits in seconds and is extremely versatile with uneven grouns as well as simple to use.

Give I an a call as see for yourself, an before any of you think it, no I am not on commission for the discount or any other kind of financial benefit, it's just a good product that we should be using in my opinion.

Best wishes and safe ladder use!!!

Trevor

Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

ronnie paton

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2007, 09:21:38 am »
There not cheap @ £100 a pair though are they?

Davew

« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2007, 10:23:38 am »
Less than sixty I think.

jeff1

Re: Ladder safety legs. New
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2007, 11:11:02 am »
i have to say know impressed!

Would they help on un level ground???
Here is the link so you can have a read, they are excellent for uneven ground, just check on there web and see how many ways they can be used.
http://laddatec.com/

There not cheap @ £100 a pair though are they?
£49.99 including the VAT

Hello folks,

I have been speaking with Ian for some time now and following our meeting I am pleased to anounce that I have negotiated a 10% discount for CIU and APWC members. When ordering quote your user name and once it is verifyied you can place your order.

I have tested this bit of kit and from a personal opinion I think it's the best one on the market. My guy's use it for all ladder work and I have to say it really is the business.

This picture shows how stable you can be, obviously in a working practice you MUST ensure the top of the ladder is supported but this is just an example of how sturdy this equipment makes your ladder.

It fits in seconds and is extremely versatile with uneven grouns as well as simple to use.

Give I an a call as see for yourself, an before any of you think it, no I am not on commission for the discount or any other kind of financial benefit, it's just a good product that we should be using in my opinion.

Best wishes and safe ladder use!!!

Trevor

Brilliant demo there Trev ;)
Ian puts them to the test now with wheels fitted to the top and bottom of the ladder, now with this sort of test, no way can a ladder stay up against a wall without sliding back down it, once the limpet is fitted even with these wheels on, they stay where there put.
He has also been doing tests this week with huge amounts of weight on the ladder, I forget what the total weight was, but I know if any of you guy's weigh this amount, then you shouldn't be going up ladders anyway.