paul mather

Re: 1st day tomorrow o-eck
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2006, 12:13:11 pm »
I'm the same as you Sarah I like my job to fit in around the kids, at the mo I'm a teaching assistant and that's almost perfect, but the pay is garbage compared to window cleaning. Before that I was a mobile hairdresser but by the time i got home the kids were fast asleep.
Paul's been asking me to join forces for years & Iwasn't interested till he got his pole.
How long d'you think you can carry on W/C?
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2006, 03:27:32 pm »
Max 50 I would say - thats based on things not degenerating to quickly - LOL

Sarah
Sarah

paul mather

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2006, 03:45:04 pm »
Sarah what size pole do you use? Or does anyones wife use one of the small pole for just doing the bottoms?
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

paul mather

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2006, 03:56:57 pm »
Glad she's a good support, but I'm not totally useless I've already been out leafleting & canvassing, infact I am a better sales woman than him ;)  I'm just a bit unsure that's all and I am clearing up every thought that's goin on in my head.
 That's why I'm askin you guys for advice, with your wealth of experience I'd be mad not to. ;
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2006, 04:11:32 pm »
Pj,

You've got one in a million - make sure you  look after her.  ;)

I suggested 50 based on the way I think my body will cope but clearly we are not all the same.  :-X

I only do ground floor/inside work using a small 4ft pole from an Omnitrolley which hubby fills and moves when full. 

If you want my honest opinion I think most women would struggle with top because of the weight and strength needed to control an 18ft+ pole. IMO.

Pauls wife (sorry dont know your name ).  Try doing it for a few days - you will be able to tell if its for you pretty quickly and can make any job jacking decisions then.

Pj's friend,

Sarah
Sarah

« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2006, 04:29:35 pm »

I love the summers but loath the cold winters which play havoc with my hair !!!!

Sarah

Wor Lass would disagree with this statement.

Every three months she always gets a colour put in her hair; costs around £70 a go (which narks me a bit) and she hates the Sun bleaching it out not long after.  Mind you, she's never in the house.  She's either working or running.  She's running now.

So her tip is, put some UV conditioner in your hair before you go out to work.

(I think it looks like she's got Bryll Cream on her hair; or she hasn't washed it for a month or so; but apparantly; according to Wor Lass, it works!)

Hair-care tips from your Tosh.

Golly, I'm sounding like Squeaky (Roger), but he's chuffed that the sun bleaches his ginger hair; I'm sure.

P.S.  We share the same hairdresser and she tells me all about Roger (Squeaky) and his hair; she really makes me laugh about him.

paul mather

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2006, 10:42:44 pm »
Pauls wife (sorry dont know your name ).  Try doing it for a few days - you will be able to tell if its for you pretty quickly and can make any job jacking decisions then.

Thanks for the tip Sarah, the trouble is fro me to start with Paul we need to buy all the extra gear as Paul's only set up for 1 pole at the mo.
My names Lesa ;)

By the way Tosh has your wife thought about wearing a cap? You can minimize colour fade, but you will never stop it completly especially reds, they fade really quick.
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

paul mather

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2006, 06:33:16 pm »
To those of you that work in pairs with your wife, how much water do you use in a day & what capacity is the tank in your vehicle?
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2006, 06:45:15 pm »
To those of you that work in pairs with your wife, how much water do you use in a day & what capacity is the tank in your vehicle?

Wor Lass only works around 4 to 5 hours per day and during that time I'll use about 125 (five barells) maximum; but usually three or four.

I'll usually drop her back off at home, have a coffee and head out by myself with more water, if I need it.