jinky230

FOR RONALDO BACKPACKS OR TROLLEYS
« on: June 15, 2006, 12:03:49 pm »
ronaldo sorry to bring you name into this but I was reading earlier posts that you prefered the backpack to the trolley, and you had made the trolley redundant I was just wondering why.

I can understand if you do houses on hills with steps, but I have found that a trolley with a decent reel and long hoses like microbore out performs the backpack everytime on a line of houses,
on the odd job the backpack is quicker just sling  it over the shoulder and clean, but on a line of house the backpack was too heavy so had to drop the amount of water to 10litres against the trolley we built that holds 70 litres,I know you have made andrew mc canns trolley redundant but maybe you are judging it too quick. the only thing I see wrong with andrew mc cann trolley is that it is not fitted with a decent hose reel, apart from that a very nice piece of kit

and the guys on here who use the omnipole trolley 125 litres will probably agree with me, that the stronger pump creates a quicker rinsing time reducing the time spent on the windows.

I am not getting at you but this topic gave reason to write the above, and I am interested in other peoples views as to the comparision of the two

ronaldo

Re: FOR RONALDO BACKPACKS OR TROLLEYS
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 03:02:33 pm »
Hello Jinky,
I no your not getting at me and its a good question, firstly let me say i would be one of the last people to knock the freedom trolley as your right it is a wonderfull piece of window cleaning equipment.
The reason i use the backpack instead, is more to do with the way my round is, than it being a better tool.
I dont have many houses in a run as you would say, and infact there are only about 4 or 5 closes where i might have half a dozen jobs, and a lot of these have garages so i have to climb over, and if i left a trolley out or my pick up open round here while i was out of sight they would be gone!
As regards weight i dont have any problems in climbing over things or carrying it when its full.
Its like you said you use the tool to suit and in my case its the backpack and the trolley stays redundant, however its always there should my situation change or the need to use it comes about.
I have answered your question as honestley as i can Jinky, hope this helps.

Ron.
A bad days fishing is better than a good days work !

jinky230

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 04:27:58 pm »
I roughly had an idea the situation determines the equipment you buy and I am sure if newbees read this  post  it will help them to go in the correct direction

thanks for replying

jinky

JohnL

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2006, 04:57:52 pm »
you carry it when its full ?  cheeez!   :)

JohnL
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

ronaldo

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2006, 05:55:26 pm »
No problems John, carried stuff all my life so 16 litres of water aint going to kill me  ;D

JohnL

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2006, 10:00:05 pm »
ah, but I dont like carrying the thing when its empty!   ;D   ;D   ;D

JohnL
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2006, 10:33:08 pm »
Ronaldo,

I totaly agree with you.  I carry my Backpack and cram in about 18ltrs. No problem.  What,s the point of having a backpack and puting it on a trolley?? ??? ??? ???
Might as well buy a car and PUSH IT!!

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

ronaldo

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2006, 10:41:56 pm »
Couldnt agree with you more Dave, i did full contact fighting for 10 years or cage fighting as the young ones call it now and i trained I disagree off every night to make sure i was tip top, so now i dont do as much in the gym as i used to, carrying a bit of water about allday keeps me nice and fit and gives me a nice workout everyday.

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2006, 11:19:52 pm »
In defence of Trolleys.
If I were to have a trolley I would get one of Andrews Freedom Trolleys.  A well thought out peice of kit.

But, same as your reason.........My round would be a hastle (and was!) with a trolley.  Too many narrow passsges, hikes around the backs, stone steps!! etc.

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

Paul Coleman

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2006, 09:12:16 am »
In defence of Trolleys.
If I were to have a trolley I would get one of Andrews Freedom Trolleys.  A well thought out peice of kit.

But, same as your reason.........My round would be a hastle (and was!) with a trolley.  Too many narrow passsges, hikes around the backs, stone steps!! etc.

David

Which is why it's better to have a hosereel on them than not (are we going around in circles here?  ;D ) .
I only have two regrets with my current equipment.
1) That my trolley (not freedom trolley) has no hosereel
2) That my van isn't a longer wheelbase

Yes, I have a backpack as well.  :)